• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The right wing 'China won't curb their emissions' argument goes down in flames

Somebody has this Carlin quote in their sig, and it really applies to any of these fanatical useful idiots regurgitating the garbage "science" of global warming -

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin

They can't be helped.

The 5 characteristics of scientific denial are also very interesting.

Let's see how your crowd does, shall we? Oh, and rather than just pronouncing a characteristic and saying, "Oh, yeah, that applies," I will offer support - something you never do.

1 Conspiracy theories

Oh, you mean like, "The oil industry is responsible for data that refutes the global alarmist ninnies?

That claim is a lie, based in significant part upon a claim that 90% of peer-reviewed scientific papers were "funded" by Exxon Mobil ...

Except that claim is a pure fabrication. Here is the truth:

Oil does not finance scientific research. The stupidity of that claim is shown by the fact that the article making the claim "Oil funds AGW-question research" includes the allegation that Ph.D. James Christy is "funded by the Exxon" because he gave one speech to the Marshall Institute, free of charge.

http://www.populartechnology.net/2011/05/are-skeptical-scientists-funded-by.html

AGW wackos believe that opposing research is paid-for by the oil industry, but the claim is demonstrably false.

Strike 1.

2 Fake experts

Oh, you mean like IPCC lead author, Sari Kovats, who was first identified as an IPCC contributor in 1994 but did not have her first paper published until 1997 and did not earn hear Ph.D. until 2010, more than 13 years after she began her graduate studies?

Why no record of it appears in any of the relevant places eight months later remains uncertain, but all of the above has now raised some new concerns.

According to the document the school produced, Kovats was born in 1969 and became a part-time doctoral student in 2001. In an e-mail to her I mentioned that the public record indicates her first paper was published in 1997. She did not dispute this.

In 1994, Kovats was one of only 21 people in the entire world selected to work on the first IPCC chapter that examined how climate change might affect human health. She was 25 years old. Her first academic paper wouldn’t be published for another three years. It would be six years before she’d even begin her doctoral studies and 16 years before she’d graduate.

http://nofrakkingconsensus.com/2011/03/16/the-strange-case-of-sari-kovats/

Like that, you mean?

Strike 2.

3 Cherry picking

Look, this is too easy. You are giving me soft-toss on this one:

Such as how the IPCC saw that this:

lambh23.jpg

Became the cherry-picked Mann "hockey stick" (the subject of the comment "hide the decline" when referring to manipulating the data to eliminate the MWP)? Which the IPCC then reversed in IPCC 5 to once again denote the Medieval Warming Period, only after being "outed" by Steve McIntyre??

ipcc-2013.jpg

http://notrickszone.com/2013/10/17/...the-rise-and-fall-of-the-hockey-stick-charts/

You mean like that?

Strike 3.

4 Impossible expectations of what research can deliver

"Impossible" expectations? How about "reasonably accurate"?

By the way, who decides when expectations are "impossible"? This is not science - it is a purely subjective argument.

That is anti-science.

Strike 4.

5 Misrepresentation and logical fallacies.

Such as "ad hominem" arguments with reference to researchers who publish data showing that AGW alarmists are wrong? The argument that the argument is to be rejected not based upon the data, but instead because "he is funded by oil companies"??

That is a clear logical fallacy, no?

Strike 5.

And how about these facts:

A leading climate scientist has resigned from the advisory board of a think-tank after being subjected to what he described as “McCarthy”-style pressure from fellow academics. Professor Lennart Bengtsson, a research fellow at the University of Reading, said the pressure was so intense that he would be unable to continue working and feared for his health and safety unless he stepped down from the Global Warming Policy Foundation’s academic advisory council. He said the pressure had mainly come from climate scientists in the US, including one employed by the US government who threatened to withdraw as co-author of a forthcoming paper because of his link with the foundation..

http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=c920274f2a364603849bbb505&id=d62395475c&e=f4e33fdd1e

Any problem with that?? Virulent attacks on lettered scientists who raise legitimate questions about AGW? No problem to you, I bet.

Last edited:
Oh, and elfie, how about this inconvenient truth?

screen-shot-2010-11-27-at-22710-pm.jpg

Where's the warming, chief? CO2 emissions are at an all-time high ... SO WHERE IS THE WARMING??

You stupid *****. It is not global warming anymore. It is climate change. It could be cooling. It could be warming. Regardless, CO2 is the problem. Just pay your ******* taxes and shut up about it.

But where will the UN get the money for aid? Libtards don't think things all the way through. (They can't, or else they would find out that they are wrong.)

Except that there is no global warming. Sure, there are Kool-Aid drinkers who honestly believe in it but when you look at who is behind AGW you see that it's all about control and wealth redistribution and a way to coax the sheeple into going along with it. I live in PA, heck, I wish global warming WAS real. I hate being cold and wet half the year. Those palm trees they truck in every year and plant in the back patio of the bar across the street from my office, I want those ******* growing there for real!

1. Is a straw man
2. Is ignorant and conspiratory beyond belief.

Let's see how your crowd does, shall we? Oh, and rather than just pronouncing a characteristic and saying, "Oh, yeah, that applies," I will offer support - something you never do.

Oh, you mean like, "The oil industry is responsible for data that refutes the global alarmist ninnies?

That claim is a lie, based in significant part upon a claim that 90% of peer-reviewed scientific papers were "funded" by Exxon Mobil ...

Except that claim is a pure fabrication. Here is the truth:

Oil does not finance scientific research. The stupidity of that claim is shown by the fact that the article making the claim "Oil funds AGW-question research" includes the allegation that Ph.D. James Christy is "funded by the Exxon" because he gave one speech to the Marshall Institute, free of charge.

http://www.populartechnology.net/2011/05/are-skeptical-scientists-funded-by.html

AGW wackos believe that opposing research is paid-for by the oil industry, but the claim is demonstrably false.

Strike 1.

Oh, you mean like IPCC lead author, Sari Kovats, who was first identified as an IPCC contributor in 1994 but did not have her first paper published until 1997 and did not earn hear Ph.D. until 2010, more than 13 years after she began her graduate studies?

Why no record of it appears in any of the relevant places eight months later remains uncertain, but all of the above has now raised some new concerns.

According to the document the school produced, Kovats was born in 1969 and became a part-time doctoral student in 2001. In an e-mail to her I mentioned that the public record indicates her first paper was published in 1997. She did not dispute this.

In 1994, Kovats was one of only 21 people in the entire world selected to work on the first IPCC chapter that examined how climate change might affect human health. She was 25 years old. Her first academic paper wouldn’t be published for another three years. It would be six years before she’d even begin her doctoral studies and 16 years before she’d graduate.

http://nofrakkingconsensus.com/2011/03/16/the-strange-case-of-sari-kovats/

Like that, you mean?

Strike 2.

Look, this is too easy. You are giving me soft-toss on this one:

Such as how the IPCC saw that this:

View attachment 182

Became the cherry-picked Mann "hockey stick" (the subject of the comment "hide the decline" when referring to manipulating the data to eliminate the MWP)? Which the IPCC then reversed in IPCC 5 to once again denote the Medieval Warming Period, only after being "outed" by Steve McIntyre??

View attachment 183

http://notrickszone.com/2013/10/17/...the-rise-and-fall-of-the-hockey-stick-charts/

You mean like that?

Strike 3.

"Impossible" expectations? How about "reasonably accurate"?

By the way, who decides when expectations are "impossible"? This is not science - it is a purely subjective argument.

That is anti-science.

Strike 4.

Such as "ad hominem" arguments with reference to researchers who publish data showing that AGW alarmists are wrong? The argument that the argument is to be rejected not based upon the data, but instead because "he is funded by oil companies"??

That is a clear logical fallacy, no?

Strike 5.

And how about these facts:

A leading climate scientist has resigned from the advisory board of a think-tank after being subjected to what he described as “McCarthy”-style pressure from fellow academics. Professor Lennart Bengtsson, a research fellow at the University of Reading, said the pressure was so intense that he would be unable to continue working and feared for his health and safety unless he stepped down from the Global Warming Policy Foundation’s academic advisory council. He said the pressure had mainly come from climate scientists in the US, including one employed by the US government who threatened to withdraw as co-author of a forthcoming paper because of his link with the foundation..

http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=c920274f2a364603849bbb505&id=d62395475c&e=f4e33fdd1e

Any problem with that?? Virulent attacks on lettered scientists who raise legitimate questions about AGW? No problem to you, I bet.

Christy is from that 3% that probably has not taken money from oil interests I won't argue that. He probably has idealogical reasons for his denial. He has a degree in theology as well and has stated that his Christian faith influences his political beliefs but not his scientific work. I don't think Christy is to be taken seriously as a scientist from his record, I just think he's another" god is in control' wacko. The reason I say that is because Christy is concerned over switching away from fossil fuels and it's effect on poor nations NOT THAT MAN MADE GLOBAL WARMING IS UNTRUE.

http://www.columbia.edu/~jeh1/2007/VermontDecision_20070912.pdf

This is from a trial over car emissions with Hansen and Christy testifying. Let's see what the judge says about Christy's testimony.

Page 44-45

There is widespread acceptance of the basic premises that underlie Hansen’s testimony. Plaintiffs’ own expert, Dr.
Christy, agrees with the IPCC’s assessment that in the light of new evidence and taking into account remaining uncertainties
most of the observed warming over the last fifty years is likely to have been due to the increase in GHG concentrations. Tr. vol.14-A, 145:18-148:7 (Christy, May 4, 2007). Christy agrees that the increase in carbon dioxide is real and primarily due to the burning of fossil fuels, which changes the radiated balance of the atmosphere and has an impact on the planet’s surface
temperature toward a warming rate.Id. at 168:11-169:10. Christy also agreed that climate is a nonlinear system, that is,that its responses to forcings may be disproportionate, and rapid changes would be more difficult for human beings and other
species to adapt to than more gradual changes.Id.at 175:2-

DO YOU AGREE WITH CHRISTY THERE? WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT YOUR SOURCE NOW? DO YOU AGREE WITH HIM THAT CLIMATE CHANGE IS MAN MADE?

ANSWER CHICKEN *****! WHEN WILL YOU IDIOTS UNDERSTAND POSTING NONSENSE FROM WEBSITES OF UNQUALIFIED PEOPLE WITH AN AGENDA GETS YOU JUST THAT, AGENDA DRIVEN NONSENSE!

John Christy and Roy Spencer are both I.D. promoting, reality denying, Christian scientific frauds.

This comes from real climate scientists:

WSJ.jpg

That’s not Roy’s prose, but it is Roy’s data over there in the graph on the right, which purports to show that the climate has been cooling, not warming. We now know, of course, that the satellite data set confirms that the climate is warming , and indeed at very nearly the same rate as indicated by the surface temperature records. Now, there’s nothing wrong with making mistakes when pursuing an innovative observational method, but Spencer and Christy sat by for most of a decade allowing — indeed encouraging — the use of their data set as an icon for global warming skeptics. They committed serial errors in the data analysis, but insisted they were right and models and thermometers were wrong. They did little or nothing to root out possible sources of errors, and left it to others to clean up the mess, as has now been done.

So after that history, we’re supposed to savor all Roy’s new cookery?

That’s an awful lot to swallow.

Christy is from that 3% that probably has not taken money from oil interests I won't argue that. He probably has idealogical reasons for his denial. He has a degree in theology as well and has stated that his Christian faith influences his political beliefs but not his scientific work. I don't think Christy is to be taken seriously as a scientist from his record,

That is called an ad hominem attack.

Strike 6.

That’s an awful lot to swallow.

The amount of AGW **** you suck means you swallow a lot.

That cracked me up. Pictured Louis Skullnick, Gilbert, Lamar and Booger surrounding the guy in the parking lot and threatening to give him a wedgie.

Last edited:
What I don't see being mentioned yet is the cost of incremental improvement. People in China don't want to live in the air that Pittsburgh had in 1945 either, and they will clean up their act over time. However it will cost us a lot more clean up our air say, 5% more, than it will cost China to clean up 5% because our air is already a lot cleaner to begin with. Law Of Diminishing Returns it is called.

Question: Does Polo ever post in the actual Football Forum?

Last edited:
That is called an ad hominem attack.

Strike 6.

The amount of AGW **** you suck means you swallow a lot.

I guess you must still have something stuck in your gullet Deepthroattime since you can't tell me if you agree with Christy that AGW is real.

Oh yeah it's Christy's ****, I'll wait till you finish.

Oh and an ad hominem attack refers to attacking someones character instead of their argument, are you saying being Christian is a character flaw?

I'll bet you won't answer that one either. You must be quite the busy beaver.....

You stupid *****. It is not global warming anymore. It is climate change. It could be cooling. It could be warming. Regardless, CO2 is the problem. Just pay your ******* taxes and shut up about it.

It's only "climate change" because the hysterical Global Warming crowd found out the there hasn't been any warming for 15 years and the data showed it - they were losing the hysterical arguments they were spouting so they changed the name. It's called moving the goalposts when your side isn't winning to make your pathetic squeals be heard anyway.

No difference - climate changes takes thousands of years - what you want to believe is weather is changing

BWAhahahahha - weather is ALWAYS changing, and it has nothing to do with CO2

It's only "climate change" because the hysterical Global Warming crowd found out the there hasn't been any warming for 15 years and the data showed it - they were losing the hysterical arguments they were spouting so they changed the name. It's called moving the goalposts when your side isn't winning to make your pathetic squeals be heard anyway.

No difference - climate changes takes thousands of years - what you want to believe is weather is changing

Don't forget they also invented that 'Polar Vortex ' term just last winter----Rush Limbaugh

If speaking truth makes you a scumbag then I guess most right wingers are angels.

You like the other guy are just posting long winded, fossil fuel lobby website information, in other words blatant lies. What do you have to say about the part of Cooks study where the climate change paper authors self-rated their papers position? ARE THEY LYING TO THEMSELVES! How are you going to get out of that one?

Ignoring it would be my guess.

Figure_3_col.jpg

Percentage of papers endorsing the consensus among only papers that express a position endorsing or rejecting the consensus. From Cook et al. (2013)

It's pretty simple to explain that chart if you understand how research grants get awarded and how papers get published. It's now a corrupt system where these supposed scientists tell you their conclusion first then they ask you for money to do the selective research to back it up.

I'm sure it happens on the other side too, but the difference is the oial and gas industry scientists have more hard evidence on their side and the climate change crowd relies mostly on predictive computer models that they corrupt with purposely limited date.

Real scientists would eagerly review the other side's research as an opportunity to strengthen their own conclusions. That's how science is supposed to work.

Einstein was not accepted by the scientific world until he devised experiments that proved his conclusions. In the meantime, there were countless scientists trying to disprove his work. They could not. These people were not demonized as deniers. They were being scientists.

Climate Change researchers quit being scientists years ago.

We'll be fine - a green earth is a happy earth - plants love us

Environmental Effects of Increased Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide

Conclusion

There are no experimental data to support the hypothesis that increases in human hydrocarbon use or in atmospheric carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases are causing or can be expected to cause unfavorable changes in global temperatures, weather, or landscape.

We also need not worry about environmental calamities even if the current natural warming trend continues. The Earth has been much warmer during the past 3,000 years without catastrophic effects. Warmer weather extends growing seasons and generally improves the habitability of colder regions.

http://www.oism.org/pproject/s33p36.htm

Last edited:
Carbon dioxide is plant food. Why do environmentalists hate trees?

Carbon dioxide is plant food. Why do environmentalists hate trees?

70% of our body is water, we need water to survive. Consume 10 gallons of water within an hour, but before you start this experiment let your wife or next of kin know about it so they can post the autopsy results here.

Next lie or misrepresentation please.

70% of our body is water, we need water to survive. Consume 10 gallons of water within an hour, but before you start this experiment let your wife or next of kin know about it so they can post the autopsy results here.

Next lie or misrepresentation please.
Plants will thrive, and reproduce in greater numbers. They, in turn, will produce more oxygen.
If you really want to devote your time to this issue, direct your attention to those de-foresting the rainforests.

It's pretty simple to explain that chart if you understand how research grants get awarded and how papers get published. It's now a corrupt system where these supposed scientists tell you their conclusion first then they ask you for money to do the selective research to back it up.

I'm sure it happens on the other side too, but the difference is the oial and gas industry scientists have more hard evidence on their side and the climate change crowd relies mostly on predictive computer models that they corrupt with purposely limited date.

Real scientists would eagerly review the other side's research as an opportunity to strengthen their own conclusions. That's how science is supposed to work.

Einstein was not accepted by the scientific world until he devised experiments that proved his conclusions. In the meantime, there were countless scientists trying to disprove his work. They could not. These people were not demonized as deniers. They were being scientists.

Climate Change researchers quit being scientists years ago.

Einstein was not 'rejected' for legit reasons where do you come up with this nonsense? Much of the criticism of his work was based on bigotry, there were also claims that experiments disproved his theories. They were proven wrong.

Where are the deniers experiments? Where is their a denier doing research and publishing papers that pass peer review?

NOWHERE! and that's because that is not what denier 'scientists' do. What they do is nit pick real work and use their training and knowledge of mathematics to confuse the average Joe. We've all seen the phony graphs Steeltime(A.K.A. Deepthroattime) post from time to time. They come from the WATTS blog or other fossil fuel funded sources.

What 'hard evidence' do the deniers have? Show us a shred please.

Plants will thrive, and reproduce in greater numbers. They, in turn, will produce more oxygen.
If you really want to devote your time to this issue, direct your attention to those de-foresting the rainforests.

Show us the science that claims that.

CO2 will help short term and will be devastating long term

Here is an example with African corn:

http://www.nature.com/nclimate/journal/v1/n1/full/nclimate1043.html

Here is an example of what increased Co2 will do to Soybeans and their defense against pests:

http://www.life.illinois.edu/delucia/PUBLICATIONS/April 2008 pub.pdf

NEXT LIE OR MISREPRESENTATION KIDS!

Man, you guys are getting your assets handed to you!! Polo rulz!!

You did notice I said Co2 would help plants and mainly American farmers short term right?

James Taylor ambulance chaser and Prof. Don J. Easterbrook a geologist, not a climate scientist and an academic pariah even at his own university.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Easterbrook

Don J. Easterbrook (born January 29, 1935, in Sumas, Washington) is a geology professor emeritus at Western Washington University. Dr. Easterbrook holds that global warming is primarily caused by natural processes. He edited Evidence-Based Climate Science (2011) a book which contends that increased CO2 emissions aren't the cause of climate change. He predicted lower global temperatures than the IPCC temperature projections.[1] He appeared on the Headline News program Glenn Beck[2] and has been interviewed for the New York Times.[3] Other members of the geology department at WWU, however, have criticized, and attempted to distance themselves from, his views after Easterbrook testified before the Washington State Senate Energy, Environment and Telecommunications Committee that carbon dioxide could not cause global warming.[4]

NEXT LIE OR MISREPRESENTATION STEP RIGHT UP CLOWNS, WHERE IS YOUR RIDE? LET'S HAVE A BLAST FROM THE PAST! HERE COMES YOUR RIDE DENIERS!

Last edited:

Oh bullshit. It is CO2 and nothing but CO2. 97% of all paid climate change scientists agree. If it wasn't for CO2 we wouldn't even have weather.