• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Scorecard.

Actually thanks to Bomma and losing my life savings, such as they were, I will have to work until I die. Gotta keep my health because retirement is not an option.
My retirement plans are to die at work one day.

62? That's only about 8 dog years. Your still young!

I'm 62, when I was a kid people who were 62 were old. I'm still going at it in the gym thanks to modern medical technology.

th

I'm 62, when I was a kid people who were 62 were old. I'm still going at it in the gym thanks to modern medical technology.

th
I had already done four when Mrs. Burgundy started shooting video.

I had already done four when Mrs. Burgundy started shooting video.

I have never in my life been able to do a pull up/chin up. I have almost always been in shape, but that one has always been a no-go for me. I hated those idiot Presidential Fitness tests we had to take in elementary school.

I have never in my life been able to do a pull up/chin up. I have almost always been in shape, but that one has always been a no-go for me. I hated those idiot Presidential Fitness tests we had to take in elementary school.
I hated the rope climb to the gym ceiling. While I could do it, the only ones that excelled at it were the guys shaped like a spider.

The only part I could ever pass was the sit-ups. I was skinny and weak as **** until I got to college and started lifting.

I hated the rope climb to the gym ceiling. While I could do it, the only ones that excelled at it were the guys shaped like a spider.
I was the first to do that one every time, even when an older adult in the academy.

The only part I could ever pass was the sit-ups. I was skinny and weak as **** until I got to college and started lifting.

My trouble was not hitting puberty until 10th grade. I was scrawny and clumsy until my late teens. Yeah, DJ was a real ladies man in the day - NOT.

I was the first to do that one every time, even when an older adult in the academy.

My trouble was not hitting puberty until 10th grade.
I was scrawny and clumsy until my late teens. Yeah, DJ was a real ladies man in the day - NOT.
Hold my beer DJ...I graduated HS 5'6 @ 135 lbs and two years later after being drafted, I was 5'9 @165 lbs. I peaked about the time I got out of the service at 5'10 @ 175 .......gotta be a late bloomer record. Truth be told though, I'm now barely 5'9 again and shrinking by the day, wish the weight was the same..lol

elderly-elderly_people-seniors-senior_citizens-ageing-old-age-retirement-CC121938_low.jpg

Hold my beer DJ...I graduated HS 5'6 @ 135 lbs and two years later after being drafted, I was 5'9 @165 lbs. I peaked about the time I got out of the service at 5'10 @ 175 .......gotta be a late bloomer record. Truth be told though, I'm now barely 5'9 again and shrinking by the day, wish the weight was the same..lol

elderly-elderly_people-seniors-senior_citizens-ageing-old-age-retirement-CC121938_low.jpg
I feel ya. I haven't shrunk. Dad did. I was 180 or so until about four years ago, when the body decided that 200-210 was preferred. Can't shake it. Hate it.

I was a wrestler in HS. I could do 50 PU and then climb a rope to ceiling just using my hands. .. and this was after practice.
Of course I only weighed 132 then. lol.

I was a wrestler in HS. I could do 50 PU and then climb a rope to ceiling just using my hands. .. and this was after practice.
Of course I only weighed 132 then. lol.
Ahh, the glory days.

I pulled my hunting bow out yesterday, for the first time in a long time. I could only send 30 shots down range before I qas toast. It used to be that 100+ arrows was no issue.

Pull ups were hard for me. I will say, however, that the Total Gym (think Chuck Norris & Christie Brinkley) is an excellent fitness machine for us "older" dudes... custom heights let you adjust your routine to any stage of fitness, from "just got off the couch for the first time in 20 years" to workout warrior.

Speaking of elementary school playground memories, do you think kids still play "smear the queer?". :rolleyes: Probably not

Truth be told though, I'm now barely 5'9 again and shrinking by the day, wish the weight was the same..lol
I guess moms were right when they repeatedly scolded us about our posture. "Sit up straight!" And so back to fitness equipment, does anyone here use an inversion table? Maybe it might at least balance out all the bad we do to our backs/spine when we sit/slouch all day.

Pullups take some doing and upperbody strength,good traps,shoulders and lats.

I'm a natural athlete, so all of those presidential fitness tests I always blew out of the water.
I was training with my dad at a young age,so it helped. I remember doing situps on our downstairs basement steps on a carpeted board with a strap for the feet. It was a really steep angle. At 7 years old my dad bet me a dollar I couldn't do 100. I did 103 without stopping...good times. The rest of my training was cutting and hauling wood. Did 2 miles of running every school day growing up.

I had a mile to the bustop and a mile home. A country mile too. In pitch black darkness in the morning. The part of our road that went through the woods was spooky as hell. Sometimes I'd hear very big things moving through the woods. That promoted sprinting for your life speed..haha.

I've lived in that realm of strength&conditioning most of my life. I've managed to guinea pig myself on every training modality under the sun over the years.

The most interesting was full bodysuit EMS stimulating while performing isotonic tension into eccentric/concentric movements. You're basically getting electrocuted into involuntary isometric contractions while performing certain exercises at a HZ level 55-90. It kicks on and off for 8 seconds a pop. Very easy on the joints and working through injuries. You recruit 90% or more of all skeletal muscle fibers. No other fiver types like cardiac are involved, it's low HZ

The cardio was at a much lower hz and just totally kicked your *** doing the simplest things. The quick Vo2 max improvement is the best in the buisness.

The soreness is legendary at first. These are just 20 min workouts twice a week with gradual HZ (HZ=twitches per second)upped over many weeks
One workout is equal to about 3 hours of hard weight training.

Anyhow don't know how I got rambling on that...lol.

Do what you can and stick to it. Sitting around is your enemy.

A few years ago, I developed severe lower back pain, worsening over the years from a career of working on my feet all day.
Imaging only showed the progression of arthritis, so I began daily morning stretching exercises, toe touches for the back as well as others for every other joint in my body.

My back hasn't bothered me since, and at almost 72 it's something I can easily do to keep me vertical.

My family has a long history of hip arthritis, so almost daily I do 10 or more squats. I go all the way down, like a baseball catcher, and pause a bit, then stand, using only my legs. I've been doing this so long that it is now easy. At 58, I have no hip issues at all. I plan to do this.