• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Steelers Draft Grade After 2 Days; How Would You Grade Them?

LOL Chad Reuter probably gave 19 teams A grades. Millennial grading.

A more reasonable distribution would be 3 As, 6 Bs, 14 Cs, 6 Ds, and 3 Fs. Most teams, by definition, have average drafts so the grading should reflect that IMO. I thought we did about average overall so I went with C. The only years I gave us Fs the day of the draft were:
2013 we picked Jarvis Jones in the first round, who was not a top 5 player on his own team. Instant F.
1996 we picked Jamain Stephens in the first. It still makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. Instant F.

I like the Leal pick the more I read about him. I wasn't sure if the steelers would look at him as OLB or DE. I didn't love him as OLB. If he bulks up a bit he has upside and can be a situational rusher as he grows into the position. 3-4 DE usually takes time to develop. Loudermilk looks at least like he'll be a decent player. If Leal can develop then it could allow Cam to play NT and be more of a 2 down player in his later years.