• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Whole Kobe thing.

LBJ "does it for Kobe" and wins 2 titles in LA and the sports intelligentsia then universally bequeath "GOAT" status on LBJ for the body of work
Lebron will never overtake Jordan. It just isn't possible.

The truth is, Lebron James couldn't hold Jordan's jock.

My biggest issue right now is how they marginalize the other passengers on the flight as well as the pilot.

"Helicopter crash that claimed the lives of Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna"

It would sound much better if they say "claimed the lives of 9 people that included Kobe Bryant".

Also -- I saw UConn made Gianna an honorary member of their basketball team.
What about her 2 teammates who were also killed? Don't they matter?

How about the assistant coach leaves behind a husband and 3 kids?
How about the brother and sister who just lost both parents and their sister?
How about the mother and daughter who were lost to their families?
How about the pilot? He probably had a family too.

But please... let's focus on Kobe.

Those others wouldn’t get the same ratings share

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Are we just now realizing that a lot of people care when someone famous dies and nobody outside of family and friends care when a regular everyday citizen does? Seem a little late to the party here.

IMO, the MSM has been going orgasmic over Kobe's death because he was pretty much known around the world by just one name. Few people are in that category. While I was never a big Kobe fan, I did appreciate his skill on the floor. I went round and round with Idioteque about Kobe for years. Kobe was one of the best to ever play the game, and (still, my opinion) the fact that his death is being mentioned more than the others does not detract from their deaths. If Kobe hadn't been on that helicopter, we'd have not known those other peoples' names.

While Kobe was arrested on suspicion of rape, settled out of court with his accuser and issued a public apology, none of us were there so we do not know if this was consensual or an ***-rape. If Kobe did rape her, then she shouldn't have settled for any monetary amount and tried to get him convicted. Again, just my opinion. Though she may have also just wanted to put it behind her and move on with her life without being known for the rest of her life as the woman who was raped by Kobe Bryant.

A news reporter here in Tampa immediately seized upon the rape aspect before the flames were extinguished on Kobe's body. IMO that was in piss poor taste and equal to sensationalistic news reporting. When I called her on this, she blocked me.

Lebron will never overtake Jordan. It just isn't possible.

The truth is, Lebron James couldn't hold Jordan's jock.

Sure, but the media will anoint him. When do they tell the truth?

IMO, the MSM has been going orgasmic over Kobe's death because he was pretty much known around the world by just one name. Few people are in that category. While I was never a big Kobe fan, I did appreciate his skill on the floor. I went round and round with Idioteque about Kobe for years. Kobe was one of the best to ever play the game, and (still, my opinion) the fact that his death is being mentioned more than the others does not detract from their deaths. If Kobe hadn't been on that helicopter, we'd have not known those other peoples' names.

While Kobe was arrested on suspicion of rape, settled out of court with his accuser and issued a public apology, none of us were there so we do not know if this was consensual or an ***-rape. If Kobe did rape her, then she shouldn't have settled for any monetary amount and tried to get him convicted. Again, just my opinion. Though she may have also just wanted to put it behind her and move on with her life without being known for the rest of her life as the woman who was raped by Kobe Bryant.

A news reporter here in Tampa immediately seized upon the rape aspect before the flames were extinguished on Kobe's body. IMO that was in piss poor taste and equal to sensationalistic news reporting. When I called her on this, she blocked me.

The defense did go after her pretty hard in 2003 in a way that the 2020 court of public opinion would not have allowed.

He’d be screwed. #MeToo

His apology read like a semi-confession mea culpa. While it was he said-she said and rough whatever it was, it doesn't make it though the 2020 wash cycle.

Tucker Carlson reported that Kobe and daughter went to mass and communion on Sunday at 7 AM.

Psalm 103: 3-4: "If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand? But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared."

Anyone of age can identify with Psalm 25:7: "Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O LORD."

Last edited:
Kobe is dead and whatever people feel about what he may or may not have done, they aren't hurting him by bringing it up and harping on it. They are hurting his innocent wife and children who surely have enough to deal with right now. There is plenty of time down the road to discuss this part of his legacy, and actually it would be nice if anyone bothered to consider that perhaps the alleged victim would rather not have it dragged up and rehashed either.

That's my take on it and for that I was called a rape apologist and misogynist on another board.

Kobe is dead and whatever people feel about what he may or may not have done, they aren't hurting him by bringing it up and harping on it. They are hurting his innocent wife and children who surely have enough to deal with right now. There is plenty of time down the road to discuss this part of his legacy, and actually it would be nice if anyone bothered to consider that perhaps the alleged victim would rather not have it dragged up and rehashed either.

That's my take on it and for that I was called a rape apologist and misogynist on another board.

wait. what? there's other boards?

Well my take is if she woulda left his raping cheating *** back then there is no dead 13 year old girl today!

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

A lot fewer media outlets back then. But I recall it being a pretty big deal.

A lot less sensationalism back then also. News outlets couldn’t as easily measure How much people were following a story, they just reported the news. Then tabloids figured it out, now we have clicks.

A lot less sensationalism back then also. News outlets couldn’t as easily measure How much people were following a story, they just reported the news. Then tabloids figured it out, now we have clicks.

explains a lot of your side's politics as well.

tenor.gif

Ok... the Kobe worship has hit the Super Bowl.

NFL network currently airing press conference for halftime show - featuring J Lo and Shakira. So far , 5 people stood to ask questions, each one had a Kobe question for them.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

$500k isn’t going to be of much help when buying a helicopter.

It's comforting knowing that when I come here, there's an expert on everything who can answer all of life's mysterious questions.