• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Things I think I think before week 3

madinsomniac

Reaction score
1. There are rumors Herbert wont play in the upcoming Chargers game... why am I more afraid of backups than starters? Its PTSD from so many horrid losses in the past🤣

2. At this point, I'm thinking barring losses piling up, Fields will start until after the bye week or the Jets Game

3. Najee harris is currently 15th in rushing this season. I still have no idea if the steelers punting on his 5th year is a smart move or not...
4. The insistence on keeping an OT rotation with jones is mindbogglingly stupid.. just let him have practice reps at LT and tell him he is the future there... they risk the guy ruining himself trying to win a job on limited reps

5. Because the steelers Division games are all crammed in at the end of the season, its hard to say anyone in the AFC north is going to be out of the running early, but if they beat the Chargers they will be in really good shape to at least keep pace with everyone over the next seven weeks before the schedule gets rough again:
The colts are beat up and giving the ball away too much
The cowboys at home will be hard, but at least its at home
@ LV could be like a Home game
The Jets at home with Rodgers will be tough
Then the giants at home
Finally at Washington after a bye

There is a real opportunity to go 4-2 or better there...

The Browns are 1-1 and their next 3 games are the easiest part of their schedule.
They easily could be fighting for the division lead by midseason

The Bengals are 0-2 but still probably in the best shape in the division... their next 4 ganes are 3 very winnable games and Baltimore in Cinci... they could go 4-0 and be eight back in the thick of things and their schedule is still the easiest in the division from that point on...

Baltimore could be in the most trouble at 0-2 and with Dallas and Buffalo up the next two weeks, they easily could be 0-4 headed into Cinci ... you dont really rebound from that..

1. There are rumors Herbert wont play in the upcoming Chargers game... why am I more afraid of backups than starters? Its PTSD from so many horrid losses in the past🤣

2. At this point, I'm thinking barring losses piling up, Fields will start until after the bye week or the Jets Game

3. Najee harris is currently 15th in rushing this season. I still have no idea if the steelers punting on his 5th year is a smart move or not...
4. The insistence on keeping an OT rotation with jones is mindbogglingly stupid.. just let him have practice reps at LT and tell him he is the future there... they risk the guy ruining himself trying to win a job on limited reps

5. Because the steelers Division games are all crammed in at the end of the season, its hard to say anyone in the AFC north is going to be out of the running early, but if they beat the Chargers they will be in really good shape to at least keep pace with everyone over the next seven weeks before the schedule gets rough again:
Then the giants at home

The Browns are 1-1 and their next 3 games are the easiest part of their schedule.

The Bengals are 0-2 but still probably in the best shape in the division... their next 4 ganes are 3 very winnable games and Baltimore in Cinci... they could go 4-0 and be eight back in the thick of things and their schedule is still the easiest in the division from that point on...

Baltimore could be in the most trouble at 0-2 and with Dallas and Buffalo up the next two weeks, they easily could be 0-4 headed into Cinci ... you dont really rebound from that..
iu

First off.. You think too much which is probably the cause of your insomnia.

Second...You have an awful lot to talk about here. I think you're going to have to book another appointment or at least start another thread. Yoi

Im stuck in Dallas overnight... Cowboys Country is not my favorite place during football season lol... just trying to pass the time without starting a football conversation at a bar🤣

iu

You could talk about how bad Dallas got stomped last week and how you'll never spend another dime in that stadium until the owner, who fired their best coach in Tom Landry, is run out of tahn on a rail. Just don't say tahn.

Any team scared of Herbert has a trash D

Watt would dismiss him with extreme prejudice, all while in a choke hold by the RT

I’m more concerned with stopping their run game than whoever is under center, they been ground and pound and will test our front 7

I’ll still take the back up.
Hope not, but I’ve been pessimistic about Wilson’s season since the re-injury.
I’m convinced it was a mistake given the low price. If nothing else, it would’ve prevented an area of need in the off season.
Yeah, who woulda thought Moore would still be starting?
Then the giants at home

As long as the defense holds up, yes.

Would love to see Baltimore at 0-4. The chances of making the playoffs after an 0-4 start are pretty slim.

I completely forgot about us playing against a Harbaugh this weekend.

I knew I hated this team now, I just couldn't remember why

A lot of hype about Hebert but please tell me again what has he ever won? The guy seems to always be injured as well.
Harbaugh is great at turning slumping teams around. Did it in SF and at Michigan so he’s the one I fear the most. The guy knows what the hell he’s doing that’s for sure.

Tank for Tua didn't work out in Miami