• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Things I think I think before week 3

Good news is Chargers stayed in Charlotte for the week after Panther game for a team bonding retreat, maybe some of that Panther taint rubbed off on em and stuck real good

2-0 ain't hard to believe, nor is 4-0. But averaging only 13 PPG it's hard to envision going undefeated for much longer. 13 points per game doesn't lead to long-term success.
Unless ya hold the other team to 12 or less every week, then ya have a Tomlin SB recipe 🤣

Unfortunately you and I both know how much a Tomlin led team averages allowing come
Playoff time

Unfortunately, playing a decent team will show just how weak and poorly coached we are. Personally, I'd like to have 2 or 3 games within our division where the opposing team is playing their 3rd string QB. That would allow us to puff out our chests and compare our self to the late 1970s for the next few weeks.
What position do you play?
And how is coach Tomlin coaching you poorly?
Is that you Broderick?

2-0 ain't hard to believe, nor is 4-0. But averaging only 13 PPG it's hard to envision going undefeated for much longer. 13 points per game doesn't lead to long-term success.
We shall see what happens. No?

Unless ya hold the other team to 12 or less every week, then ya have a Tomlin SB recipe 🤣

Unfortunately you and I both know how much a Tomlin led team averages allowing come
Playoff time
You can hold a mediocre team to 12-15 points a game, but not a good team. That is why TOMLIN’S teams get blownout in the playoffs, if they even get there.

You haven’t been paying attention.
Again, the Steelers were 5-1 in the division last year, 3-3 the prior year and 4-2 the year before that.
We own this division.
Doesn't mean much at playoff time though.
Step 1: Squeak into the wildcard round waiting for three or four other teams to win or lose in the last weekend.
Step 2: Lose wildcard game.
Step 3: Lather, rinse, repeat next year.

Somebody fails to recognize the Steelers nightmarish record against Raider teams the last 10 or so years.
Doesn't matter how bad the Raiders (or Patriots) are in a given year, they will still beat the Steelers.

Doesn't mean much at playoff time though.
Step 1: Squeak into the wildcard round waiting for three or four other teams to win or lose in the last weekend.
Step 2: Lose wildcard game.
Step 3: Lather, rinse, repeat next year.
Absolutely. No one is gonna argue with that.
I was keeping it in the division because for the second time this new troll implied that we seldom win games against divisional opponents which is absolutely false.

Last edited:
Somebody fails to recognize the Steelers nightmarish record against Raider teams the last 10 or so years.
I think it’s more about us having delusions of the Raiders always beating us, because we only remember the losses to bad teams. These losses stick out like a sore thumb.
Truth is we have now played them 3 straight years and are 2-1, winning the last 2..
Over the last 5 meetings we are 3-2.

Last edited:
I think it’s more about us having delusions of the Raiders always beating us, because we only remember the losses to bad teams. These losses stick out like a sore thumb.
Truth is we have now played them 3 straight years and are 2-1, winning the last 2..
Over the last 5 meetings we are 3-2.
It just seems like the worse the Raiders are, the greater the chance that they beat us.

I think it is a minor injury but haven’t heard specifics.
He was injured in the preseason as well.

If he ends up missing games, it may be too soon to apply the "China doll" label, but not premature to peel it off the paper and keep it on standby.

Despite their talent, I'm not feeling overly optimistic about either first round tackle at the moment.

Good news is Chargers stayed in Charlotte for the week after Panther game for a team bonding retreat, maybe some of that Panther taint rubbed off on em and stuck real good

Unfortunately, this is what it's come to in the Tomlin era; lucky breaks and hoping that something bad happens to the opposing team because we don't have the talent to beat them outright.

He was injured in the preseason as well.

If he ends up missing games, it may be too soon to apply the "China doll" label, but not premature to peel it off the paper and keep it on standby.

Despite their talent, I'm not feeling overly optimistic about either first round tackle at the moment.
But we still have 4th rounder LT Moore, all is super.

Great.
Why the **** do we have injuries all the time?
It’s seems injuries are a Steeler thing.
Injuries are a Steelers thing. Personally, I think it's related to poor coaching and lack of strength and conditioning training.

At least when the Chargers pound us, we can blame key starters being out as the reason.