• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

This is police brutality

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Police killed a man in Minneapolis. Cop put his fat knee in the neck of a handcuffed suspect for five damn minutes. Man complained that he couldn’t breathe and passed out, but the cop kept his fat ******* knee in the guy’s neck until the ambulance arrived. The man died at the hospital. The four responding officers have been terminated.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...rge-floyd-fatal-arrest-officer-kneeling-neck/

The man died at the hospital.
I wonder if they said he died at the hospital to cover the fact he was dead on the street. Sure looked dead. But, I know passed out could like dead.

I hope they release the full video so we can see what led to those events. Also not sure why they were arresting the guy in the first place. In fairness to the cops i wonder how many people say they can't breathe or whatever on a daily basis. Still not an excuse to not let up when you have the guy surrounded though. Just want to see the full video before jumping to conclusions.

I hope they release the full video so we can see what led to those events. Also not sure why they were arresting the guy in the first place. In fairness to the cops i wonder how many people say they can't breathe or whatever on a daily basis. Still not an excuse to not let up when you have the guy surrounded though. Just want to see the full video before jumping to conclusions.

Gonna make this super simple. Face down, handcuffed behind the back. Absolutely zero threat....As for the I can't breath remark, who cares if he is lying or not? He was restrained. Multiple cops on the scene. This is a layup, don't make it complicated..

Gonna make this super simple. Face down, handcuffed behind the back. Absolutely zero threat....As for the I can't breath remark, who cares if he is lying or not? He was restrained. Multiple cops on the scene. This is a layup, don't make it complicated..

Yeah, he's in cuffs. Take your knee off his neck, sit him upright.

If something goes bad from there, then the cops can say, "Hey, tried to make sure he was okay. **** happens."

It really doesn’t matter what led up to that. As stated the guy was face down, cuffed behind his back and surrounded. There was no need for that.

Absolutely unnecessary force on a guy who wasn't even struggling or fighting back. If a guy has a deadly weapon and is threatening to kill or attack someone, then this level of force is necessary. I heard this guy was suspected of forgery......really? That's the reason you sit on the back of his neck with your knee? I know these guys are already getting fired, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them in jail as well. That was a gross abuse of power and they should be held accountable for his death.

Absolutely unnecessary force on a guy who wasn't even struggling or fighting back. If a guy has a deadly weapon and is threatening to kill or attack someone, then this level of force is necessary. I heard this guy was suspected of forgery......really? That's the reason you sit on the back of his neck with your knee? I know these guys are already getting fired, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them in jail as well. That was a gross abuse of power and they should be held accountable for his death.

If all this guy did was forgery and had no weapons and what not then i can definitely see jail time especially for the guy who put his knee on his neck. Hopefully the justice system works. If not things will get ugly

I'm not a cop and haven't a clue about their training but, I thought being that the guy was face down and handcuffed, The cop cold have just as easily kneeled on his back to keep him from jumping up.

Its never okay to press your knee against a person's neck, especially a person thats already been handcuffed. I don't know if he meant to kill the guy, but that was a deliberate attempt to do harm. Its really too bad that police officers all over the country will have to bear the brunt of that guy's actions.

I watch stuff like this.......my blood boils. I have 4 kids ages 23-31. All good kids. Never any trouble with the law. You can imagine having 4 kids,how many friends they have had over the years that I know. To a one they have all grown up with such a lack of respect for the police. And these videos are why. They are a completely different generation than myself obviously. They have grown up with the internet. Like most kids they have spent hours watching YouTube or other sources over the years. It's not like this is an isolated type of incident. There are thousands of videos on the internet of police brutality. Thousands. Shocking **** that we just turn a blind eye to. The old boys network. Protecting each other. Can you imagine the **** that they get away with? Can you imagine before the body cams,everyone filming on their phones,can you really even imagine the **** that they have gotten away with?

Look I get it's a difficult job. And I know that not all cops do this type of thing. But an alarming amount do. And that old " listen to him talk about us that way ,whose the first person he's going to call when there's trouble". What a bunch of bullshit. It's their job to help people. That's what they signed up for. You really think they didn't know what their job entails. Let's not always make this a race thing. The media makes sure it is. I guarantee that white folk,black folk,native folk,Latino all walks of life have suffered from police brutality over the years.

Now that I am entering the grandparent phase of my life this **** really has to stop. These cops have to be held accountable. Suspended with pay. Sweet. Can you imagine if that was your child or grandchild in these videos? Man.

The really sickening thing about this particular incident, is that you had bystanders literally begging and pleading with the cop to take his knee off the man because he couldn't breathe. And they said he had him 'restrained' like that for 7 minutes? Like Booted mentioned, I think that poor guy was already dead when they got him up off the ground.

**** like this needs to stop pronto. Harsh penalties for the perpetrators the only way it's going to maybe change things.

Lotta perps will say they can't breathe, having a heart attack, whatever, but if there's four cops there's no reason he couldn't be handcuffed and in the back of a police car in a minute or two.

It was clearly obvious. He wasn't wearing a mask.

I know quite a few police officers from all levels and organizations. There are a few, mostly younger, officers that have a genuine chip on their shoulders. Where this comes from I don't know but it has been suggested that it may result from fear. I have seen police arrogance and condescension from the constant barrage of senseless crime and lack of respect but fear is new one to me. I guess there are areas in the inner city where fear can be a constant once you see some of the senseless violence but if it is that overwhelming....get another job.

new8.jpg

I use to be in the Navy, wasn't man enough to be in the Marines. But i use to see them leave the ship and go do what they do, and they showed restraint fighting the worse the world has to offer. But a police is that stressed out, that he can't handle a handcuffed middle aged man, that's pretty sad.
And regardless what happened before the video started, the man wasn't moving anymore, there were women offering to check his pulse so they weren't scared of him, if the cop is that big of a coward he needs to go sell shoes, or deliver mail.

I don't believe for one second that those actions are a result of fear, I think they are the result of individuals who are on a power trip for whatever reason. I have 2 uncles, and 3 cousins that are police officers as well as a good friend (Frank), that I coach with that is a detective. I have one uncle that is the type of officer that wants to be friends with everyone in his community, the other uncle is the type that always walks around with his chest inflated like he is superior to everyone in his community. All 3 of my cousins are much more about using honey than vinegar and as a result they are well respected in the community because they always treat everyone as an individual and with respect and the most important thing for any office is NOT TO TAKE IT PERSONALLY. If someone hates police, it is not you personally that they hate, it is an image, an experience...etc. that they have used to form that opinion. If you can remove your personal feelings and emotions from any situation, then you do not act out of rage or anger. My buddy Frank, he's a great guy and a better friend, but he can be the typical arrogant cop, and not just on duty. Anytime there is an argument or disagreement, every single time it has to become a louder and louder conversation, it will eventually become physical to where he has to be in someones face, ready to throw down. I have seen him do it to umpires, other coaches, tournament officials...etc. I don't know what delineates the 2 sides of officers, but the agencies need to do a better job during screening to figure out what pushes a persons buttons and how they respond once that occurs. If anyone watches LivePD, watch the difference between the officers that can chase a suspect for 3 blocks, deal with him resisting, and still talk calmly to them and explain what is going to happen next vs. a department like West Baton Rouge...it is night and day different. More cops need to understand that wearing a badge does not make you better than the people you serve, it just means you are allowed to enforce the laws within the community you serve. How you choose to treat others will have a direct correlation to how you are treated. If more officers would learn how to deescalate a situation before it occurs, the better off it would be for everyone involved.

I have family and friends that are POs and i respect their jobs that they put their lives on the line everyday, but this is a very bad look on the profession. Again. If this doesn't show why black men fear police, nothing ever will. I could only watch a few seconds on the video. It looked like the PO was standing over the prey he caught and was about to eat. Without a care in the world that the man was begging for his life and the onlookers were pleading for his last breath, too. Total disregard for the man's health and well-being. These "above the law" officers need another line of work. I know there are great officers out there. I hear many go above and beyond to do the right thing, but when a man dies because of a forgery call, the red flag needs to be raised and stay up there. This **** needs to stop.

I have family and friends that are POs and i respect their jobs that they put their lives on the line everyday, but this is a very bad look on the profession. Again. If this doesn't show why black men fear police, nothing ever will. I could only watch a few seconds on the video. It looked like the PO was standing over the prey he caught and was about to eat. Without a care in the world that the man was begging for his life and the onlookers were pleading for his last breath, too. Total disregard for the man's health and well-being. These "above the law" officers need another line of work. I know there are great officers out there. I hear many go above and beyond to do the right thing, but when a man dies because of a forgery call, the red flag needs to be raised and stay up there. This **** needs to stop.

This has nothing to do with race IMHO. Cops do the same stuff to white people but nobody cares. I saw a video from a few years ago where a guy crashes his car. I assume he was running from the police. He climbs out of his car (that has flipped) and the cop just shoots him. He isn't armed and the cop doesn't even warn him. He isn't running. He's just climbing out of his car. To this day the cop hasn't been prosecuted. But the guy he shot was white. So no protest, marches, white lives matter no nothing.

Also as far as "This needs to stop". It's never going to stop. Just like medical malpractice is never going to stop. Murder is never going to stop. Why do people think that mistakes aren't going to be made by guys that are full of adrenalin, chasing people, shooting at people ETC...? It happens to fully trained doctors who receive some of the best education in the world along with years of certification. It is never going to end because it involves people.

I watched the whole 7 minute video...it’s absolutely disgusting. The killer cop was so calm and collected. Just kept his knee in the victim’s back. At one point, the killer cop put his hands in his pockets!! Just kept pressing down with his knee. The victim was subdued and posed no threat. Even more sickening- the 3 other cops there made no effort to make the killer cop stop! I am still shaken by that video today. Absolutely one of the worst things I have seen.

I've always said that we here in Iowa are very fortunate in the way we are treated by our professional police forces. I've been to many other states where officers are overly physical and out of control with people they are arresting or targeting.

This has nothing to do with race IMHO. Cops do the same stuff to white people but nobody cares. I saw a video from a few years ago where a guy crashes his car. I assume he was running from the police. He climbs out of his car (that has flipped) and the cop just shoots him. He isn't armed and the cop doesn't even warn him. He isn't running. He's just climbing out of his car. To this day the cop hasn't been prosecuted. But the guy he shot was white. So no protest, marches, white lives matter no nothing.

Also as far as "This needs to stop". It's never going to stop. Just like medical malpractice is never going to stop. Murder is never going to stop. Why do people think that mistakes aren't going to be made by guys that are full of adrenalin, chasing people, shooting at people ETC...? It happens to fully trained doctors who receive some of the best education in the world along with years of certification. It is never going to end because it involves people.

That still doesn't make it right, black or white or brown. Police brutality needs to stop or scrutinized. What happened to this man, along with others didn't need to happen. He was restrained, under control and handcuffed on the street. To press on his neck until he couldn't breathe is avoidable and unacceptable. Certain officers have a "god complex" and all of the training and education means nothing if they think they are above the law and continue to use practices that are unsafe for the civilians.
I'm not going to condemn them rioting because I don't know how they feel, but have a pretty good idea. They want and need to be heard.