• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Throw away pick in round 7. Joshua Frazier.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
LOL, You would not take my bet that your boy will go in the top 10 in 2019.

Oh you are locked into that bet, I know it Coolie knows it, everyone else knows it.

Best you start planning your vacation now. Perhaps you can go buy a May-c-ock poster, and start slobbering over it for next year.

Oh that is right he is retiring from that soon, you will have to find someone else's nuts to latch onto.

Not sorry for your loss.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
[video]http://www.steelers.com/videos/videos/Dunbar-on-Joshua-Frazier/91a27794-a41c-4ceb-963e-1ec05dfeca6f[/video]

Dunbar speaks about Frazier.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
[video]http://www.steelers.com/videos/videos/Dunbar-on-Joshua-Frazier/91a27794-a41c-4ceb-963e-1ec05dfeca6f[/video]

Dunbar speaks about Frazier.

After watching that, I'm really pissed off that we drafted him now. We have his Dline coach on staff. He's coming here as a UDFA anyway. **** we could have had Tate!

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
After watching that, I'm really pissed off that we drafted him now. We have his Dline coach on staff. He's coming here as a UDFA anyway. **** we could have had Tate!

Yeah I had that same impression. The pick itself is ok. But you wonder if the Steelers could have UDFA picked him up. And then looked at Tate. I think Burnett was a UDFA too. That surprised me with both, The only thing I can think is that crappy combine time was Tate's undoing.

Although the Steelers usually rely more on film.

Or with Washington and JaySam being drafted, the cupboard was full.

Be interesting to watch and see how his career goes....

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
So he's basically Dan McCullers again?

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
So he's basically Dan McCullers again?

Did Big Dan make plays in big games? Dan was just a huge bodied project. That never had the aggression to back up that mass.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Did Big Dan make plays in big games? Dan was just a huge bodied project. That never had the aggression to back up that mass.

I meant it in regards to ding dong's comment about him playing 18% of the snaps. Big Dan probably plays single digit percent of our snaps. Frazier is a big body and if he does well McCullers will be gone.

SteelerAl

Reaction score
I meant it in regards to ding dong's comment about him playing 18% of the snaps. Big Dan probably plays single digit percent of our snaps. Frazier is a big body and if he does well McCullers will be gone.

Big Dan played like 12 snaps last season. He couldn't even get onto the field in the meaningless Week 17 game against the Browns.

ark steel

Reaction score
Yeah I had that same impression. The pick itself is ok. But you wonder if the Steelers could have UDFA picked him up. And then looked at Tate. I think Burnett was a UDFA too. That surprised me with both, The only thing I can think is that crappy combine time was Tate's undoing.

I think the question to ask is why did Tate fall all the way to 7th round Comp picks?

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I think the question to ask is why did Tate fall all the way to 7th round Comp picks?

Because he is very slow and gets no separation

ark steel

Reaction score
Because he is very slow and gets no separation

Even still, NFL.com had him rated 4-5th round Some here were mentioning him in earlier threads, but I don't recall who or if that was one of the "sleeper" threads, but I'm sure it wasn't round 7.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

Like I said a throw away pick. Yes we could have better in round seven. Yes we could have had him as a free agent.

I made a NT thread, had the Steelers drafted Tim Settle, I think everyone would have been happy, and he was there for us in round five!

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Like I said a throw away pick. Yes we could have better in round seven. Yes we could have had him as a free agent.

I made a NT thread, had the Steelers drafted Tim Settle, I think everyone would have been happy, and he was there for us in round five!

just assuming, doesn't make it a fact..

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
just assuming, doesn't make it a fact..

Dude didn't start, and we have his Dline coach. I'd make a solid bet that no one else was looking to pick up this guy but us.

Feels like a Fast Willie Parker inside job to me. No college production, but scouted his talent to be NFL capable.

Pick should have been Tate.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Dude didn't start, and we have his Dline coach. I'd make a solid bet that no one else was looking to pick up this guy but us.

Feels like a Fast Willie Parker inside job to me. No college production, but scouted his talent to be NFL capable.

Leaning that way of course, I just don't want coach turning probabilities into facts.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Leaning that way of course, I just don't want coach turning probabilities into facts.

I hear you, and I understand the board's consternation with Coach, but sometimes he can be correct.

On this point, I agree with him.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I hear you, and I understand the board's consternation with Coach, but sometimes he can be correct.

On this point, I agree with him.

A blind squirrel can eventually find a nut sure.

ark steel

Reaction score

If Tate.was such a good pick there, why did 5 other teams pass on him, with the Bengals passing twice becore taking him? They took an undersized QB from Toledo and a Guard before finally taking Tate.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
settle would of likely beat out Hargrave in camp. as the teams we face are better run teams, I would like to see us in some games dress all 4 DT, hopefully, McCullers as i know hargrave in the nickel can easily play de, I just wish our stubborn dc would start using some 4 man fronts. we know the stupid 2-4-5 is going to be the base, the improvement in the 3-2-6 will be the speed.
de tuitt dt alula de heyward lb edmunds lb watt cb haden cb burns hilton s/lb sutton s burnett s allen