• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tibs

I wait for all of the facts to emerge, which typically isn’t the opening of a breaking story. Also, I have a life aside from SN forums.

Ditto. And ditto.

Also, we all belong to a cult that teaches us to think for ourselves.

Also, we all belong to a cult that teaches us to think for ourselves.

Ironically, the "woke" ones aren't aware of that simple, logical function yet.

I've talked to Tibs on this board all the way back to when Bush was POTUS.

he may come across as a soft snowflake at times, but he does validate his process with good points. Quite unlike Flog and 21 who just dig in their *** for a kernel of truth and expect us all to just believe them.

on the football side, Tibs makes solid points as well.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, i'd have a beer or two with Tibs.

Ah shucks Supe, would gladly grab a beer with you too. :)

tenor.gif

Last edited:
I've actually had a beer, or 40, and a few shots of Slibovitz with Tibs....

on his home turf.

he's done more to advance investment capitalism than any of you (R) automatons on this board.

if you're lucky....you'll get to have a few drinks with the man too.

cheers, Tibs.

I've actually had a beer, or 40, and a few shots of Slibovitz with Tibs....on his home turf. he's done more to advance investment capitalism than any of you (R) automatons on this board. if you're lucky....you'll get to have a few drinks with the man too. cheers, Tibs.
Hey man, you're always welcome back, let's do it again! :)

I'm ready to dump Trump for Liz, because I only vote for winners

Who's with me?

I've actually had a beer, or 40, and a few shots of Slibovitz with Tibs....

on his home turf.

he's done more to advance investment capitalism than any of you (R) automatons on this board.

if you're lucky....you'll get to have a few drinks with the man too.

cheers, Tibs.

I'd gladly grab a beer with him. We don't have to agree with everything. I don't agree with my wife or my kids or my family on everything.

Tibs once said he'd like to come to US again and visit Gettysburg. Tibs, if you do ever decide to do that, the beers are my treat as that's in my general hood.

We will just discuss football and family no politics :couple_inlove::couple_inlove:

I’d have some bourbon with her but I’m not drinking any fruity *** brandy.

Sorry, Slivovitz Brandy (which you ****** up the name) is 30-50% ABV at most.

Sorry, Slivovitz Brandy (which you ****** up the name) is 30-50% ABV at most.

What we drank when Tom was here was shots of Slivovitz Palinka, which is a clear liquor made from fermented fruit. It is pretty tame relative to other brands. The alcohol content (of legal palinka) varies between 37,5-55% ABV. Palinka is made all around the country, mostly as moonshine in backyards. Most of the non-branded stuff tastes like fingernail polish remover with a dash of rubbing alcohol, lord only knows what the ABV levels are.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/17/...shine-palinka-tastes-like-rubbing-alcoho.html

When I first met my wife 25 years ago, we visited her parents in the countryside. I woke up at 5:30 am with a shot glass of palinka balanced on my forehead...my future father-in-law sitting there laughing his *** off, asking if I planned to sleep through the entire day. Palinka is a laborers' drink, consumed as a wake-up jolt for farmers heading out to the fields.

In Budapest, it's taken as a shot like tequila, goes relatively well with beer. Will get your head spinning after a while and provides for a jolly hangover.

My buddy owns the Zwack distillery, famous for their Unicum brand (a bitter like Jaeger, but much less sweet) and they also have a quality palinka line. The tastiest are the black cherry, apricot, plum and pear palinkas. A fine, good quality palinka is a treat, a nice drink to toast with amongst friends and family. But proceed with caution. ;)

The fingernail polish with rubbing alcohol description sounds like white lightning moonshine distilled in a holler where I used to live. Probably best used as a varnish remover.

The other flavors you mentioned also sounds like our moonshine but when they use damsens (plums), apricot, peaches, etc. Great stuff but ours has a higher alcohol content. Works awesome if you have a cold. Kills all the germs. :)

There are licensed distillers now that sell something similar at our ABC stores. Not near as good as the stuff trucked out of the holler though. :)

The fingernail polish with rubbing alcohol description sounds like white lightning moonshine distilled in a holler where I used to live. Probably best used as a varnish remover.

The other flavors you mentioned also sounds like our moonshine but when they use damsens (plums), apricot, peaches, etc. Great stuff but ours has a higher alcohol content. Works awesome if you have a cold. Kills all the germs. :)

There are licensed distillers now that sell something similar at our ABC stores. Not near as good as the stuff trucked out of the holler though. :)

A friend of mine has a cousin who is a sheriff in some small town in Tennessee. He shakes down the moonshiners every so often for a case of hooch in exchange for not arresting them. It's in Mason jars and the only label is a piece of masking tape with the flavor on it. He comes up for the 500 every year and gives me a jar. They're starting to get fancy now. Last year was Peach-Rosemary. Good stuff. I have no idea what the proof is, but a couple shots will make you walk funny.

Reactions: JMM

I grew up in WV. Had moonshine once. Awful, nasty. Varnish indeed.

Now I'm grown. My son goes to Ohio State. He drove home for fall break 2 nights ago to me in MD. Stopped in Morgantown WV to visit some old high school friends who are now WVU Mountaineers. One gifted him a mason jar of apple and cinnamon moonshine. Rednecks be fancy nowadays.

71826150_10218111207584210_1725739209815228416_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JMM
I grew up in WV. Had moonshine once. Awful, nasty. Varnish indeed.

Now I'm grown. My son goes to Ohio State. He drove home for fall break 2 nights ago to me in MD. Stopped in Morgantown WV to visit some old high school friends who are now WVU Mountaineers. One gifted him a mason jar of apple and cinnamon moonshine. Rednecks be fancy nowadays.

71826150_10218111207584210_1725739209815228416_n.jpg

That's a Ball jar. They used to be made in Muncie, IN where Ball State University is. Now they're made in friggin China.

That's a Ball jar. They used to be made in Muncie, IN where Ball State University is. Now they're made in friggin China.

It's a fucken jar made of fucken glass. Ball, Mason - who cares but you locals lol.

Happy Birthday Indy!

It's a fucken jar made of fucken glass. Ball, Mason - who cares but you locals lol.

Happy Birthday Indy!

Thanks!

Actually, when Ball left it destroyed Muncie. I wouldn't send my kids to Ball State in a million years. It's a crime ridden hell hole now.

Admittedly I don’t watch much news since the only topic is Donald Trump, but I saw the Syria story this morning and posted it. Did that **** start three days ago? I know he made the announcement on Sunday. Had no idea they had already withdrawn.

You know who I most wish had withdrawn?

AOC's dad.