• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Time to Rank where Kenny Pickett Belongs in the Steeler's All-Time QB List

An FBI agent questioned Vick for five hours and gave him a polygraph test that indicated he was lying. Vick finally admitted to killing two dogs. According to Assistant U.S. Attorney Michael Gill, Vick told the polygrapher, “I carried a dog over to Quanis Phillips, who tied a rope around its neck. I dropped the dog.”

One of two dogs he purposely admitted to murdering.

Keep him off any QB list for the Steelers.
A sad day when we signed him.

And that D was very special, up there with the '85 Bears and 70's Steelers; that's some rare air. Our D today is NO where NEAR on that level: DL? No. LBs? No. Secondary? No.
All of their special teams were sickhouse as well. Stover killed KOs and FGs, great punter, and ProBowl punt returner with Jermain Lewis 2TDs and Jamal Lewis having 1300+ yards rushing. Top receiver was TE HOFer Shannon Sharpe. Killer offensive line. Great team overall, and Dilfer only had to manage the game.

Here is where I got the numbers, feel free to check it out, I'm surprised on how little it takes to get to 13th in passing in our team's history.

I'll add this to the first post as well.

When you look at the two QBs who dominated Bradshaw and Roethlisberger, combine their careers here and you have about 30 of the 50 years post merger. Not a lot of (Quantity) QBs to have to pass.

Salute the nation

aside from the TBs and Big Bens, the Steelers have trotted out some ****** QBs. Even Bubby who I loved was kinda ******
Yeah, I certainly remember a bunch of seasons that I knew we had zero chance at a superbowl because of the qb starting.

Kent Graham
that name drop occurring at 4:20 hmmmm

the gateway to Kordell
what a great way for a new GM to start his career with that signing
if I remember his first game correctly, he had 1 big play early in the game where he audibled and hit a receiver fairly deep down the sideline...if I am indeed remembering correctly that he did that it would also be his last big play with the Steelers
man did he suck

I know a lot of people are unfairly comparing KP to Big Ben, as BB was special and a winner out of the box. KP is good in the 4th quarter and in ball control, so he has value, but where does he rank for me all time on the Steeler's All-Time list of QBs?

1. Ben Roethlisberger
2. Terry Bradshaw
3. Kordell Stewart
4. Bobby Layne
5. Neil O'Donnell
6. Tommy Maddox
7. Bubby Brister
8. Kenny Pickett
9. Mike Tomczak
10. Ed Brown

Obviously room for KP to move up, but as we stand today, he is solidly 8th in my book. Everyone above him won in the playoffs (minus Layne who is a HOFer, though he won 3 championships with the Lions and made it to 4). If he wins a playoff game this year, he'd jump to 6th. Has to make it to a SB to crack the top 5.

Where does KP rank on your scale? Unitas is not eligible since he never played a down for us.

*EDIT* Numbers from here: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/career-passing.htm
Bubby won 1 play off game in the black and gold, and a couple of super bowls (as backup) plus he could make all the throws and had some good come back games. Fought members of the opposing defense and refused to be a mop. Bubby is a head of Kenny

Last edited:
Bubby won 1 play off game in the black and gold, and a couple of super bowls (as backup) plus he could make all the throws and had some good come back games. Fought members of the opposing defense and refused to be a mop. Bubby is a head of Kenny
no doubt