• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

TJ Watt Injury Update....

Of course but damn Warren can block as well. He didn't block in college and he's picked it up quickly. Give him a small hole and he hits it fast. He has more quickness and speed than Snell. Snell had his chance. I'm definitely pulling for Warren. I hope he takes advantage. Snell and McFarland never did.

Spot on assessment and I fully agree but My statement was just kind of a reminder check.

Salute the nation

Since TJ will have some free time the next few games, perhaps he can sit beside Canada duting games and smack him after each dumb play call.
why you want TJ on season-ending IR with a broken hand?

If Watt comes back in 6 weeks it's still going to hurt and it will get re- injured. He won't be 100%.
OK Dr. X, I have a few questions for you:
1. What is the severity of Watt's pectoral tear?
2. How were you able to assess that without access to his scans?
3. What leads you to believe with 100% certainty that he will get re-injured should he return in 6 weeks?
4. Please post your CV so that we can trust your prognosis.

Last edited:
To me...and just one mans opinion...he looked exactly like the same back as last year.
Not a big fan of the pick when it happened last year and he still hasn't changed my mind.

I know... I know...but the O-line..
Obviously OL was the right pick last year,
It doesn’t require any pedigree to consistently get hit 2-3 yards in the backfield.

Just promote Tuska (sp)

Reed is going to fill in very admirable...

Anderson was a 2nd round bust with a questionable back, is not bad against the run, but has poor pass rushing skills..

Just promote Tuska (sp)

Reed is going to fill in very admirable...

Anderson was a 2nd round bust with a questionable back, is not bad against the run, but has poor pass rushing skills..
Tzuska sucks all-around, though

Then why have him fill a spot on the squad?

I thought he did some good things while on the field last year.
if it was MY call, he'd not be filling a spot on the squad.

thankfully, he's with Pittsburgh South now (Titans)

I was watching the Ramon Foster Show over at DK's site and he pointed out that both Najee and Warren "ran to darkness" at times during Sunday's game. He explained that they simply ran the plays as called and that sometimes a RB needs to trust his vision and take what is actually there instead of what is supposed to be there.
I noticed that as well. And looking back to when I was a 12 yo who played running back, I did the same with an awful OL. Needless to say, I SUCKED. Le'Veon Bell always impressed me in the way he always looked for a place to go.

Tomlin said at his presser that Watt would miss this week but wouldn't comment beyond that. He was asked later about surgery and said they don't believe it would require that.

Tomlin said at his presser that Watt would miss this week but wouldn't comment beyond that. He was asked later about surgery and said they don't believe it would require that.
Yep.

He also said that Najee has a chance to play this week.

Yep.

He also said that Najee has a chance to play this week.
and Najee said he IS playing this week.
need to rest that foot, Najee.

From Rappaport - "Steelers LB TJ Watt suffered a torn pec muscle, but did not tear the tendon. That’s why, as he says, he’ll be back. It’s about six weeks of rehab, then Watt could be able to return — with no surgery."

Add a bit of antler stuff that Ray Ray used. Heck. Maybe he could make it back in three weeks....or even two. Fingers crossed.

From Rappaport - "Steelers LB TJ Watt suffered a torn pec muscle, but did not tear the tendon. That’s why, as he says, he’ll be back. It’s about six weeks of rehab, then Watt could be able to return — with no surgery."
PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) therapy has done wonders in treating muscle injuries. I wonder if it will be part of TJ's therapy.

PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) therapy has done wonders in treating muscle injuries. I wonder if it will be part of TJ's therapy.
Interesting...This comment made me think of the worst muscle injury of my life. I hadn't been up on a slalom water ski for 30 years, but my buddy goaded me into trying. I'd gained 80 lbs since childhood and the ski was too short for my weight. Not to quit, I kept trying to get on top of the water until my leg said FU. My right thigh turned deep purple a day later and his wife (a nurse) was concerned about blood clots. I never got treatment, but will admit it scared me after she said that. Took about a month to heal up.

I wonder what TJ looks like right now? It has to be ugly.

Interesting...This comment made me think of the worst muscle injury of my life. I hadn't been up on a slalom water ski for 30 years, but my buddy goaded me into trying. I'd gained 80 lbs since childhood and the ski was too short for my weight. Not to quit, I kept trying to get on top of the water until my leg said FU. My right thigh turned deep purple a day later and his wife (a nurse) was concerned about blood clots. I never got treatment, but will admit it scared me after she said that. Took about a month to heal up.

I wonder what TJ looks like right now? It has to be ugly.
I'm in the middle of the worst injury of my life. I have surgery scheduled for a patella tendon that I ruptured at both ends.
Was simply walking up the steps and turned to say something to someone. Patella tendon must have popped right then because I was told that I just dropped and fell down the steps. Dislocated my knee, which led to an MRI and the discovery of the torn tendon/ligament. Surgery Friday ... looking at 3 months minimum recovery time.
I asked the doc about PRP ... His answer was "Do you have professional athlete type money? Because your insurance won't cover that."

I'm in the middle of the worst injury of my life. I have surgery scheduled for a patella tendon that I ruptured at both ends.
Was simply walking up the steps and turned to say something to someone. Patella tendon must have popped right then because I was told that I just dropped and fell down the steps. Dislocated my knee, which led to an MRI and the discovery of the torn tendon/ligament. Surgery Friday ... looking at 3 months minimum recovery time.
I asked the doc about PRP ... His answer was "Do you have professional athlete type money? Because your insurance won't cover that."
Oh ****... That's not good and I'm sorry. All I can offer is the sincere hope you don't suffer a lot of pain and that you recover quickly. And an prayer. A leg injury is no joke.