• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

TJ Watt Injury Update....

Just rumors for now. He is getting 2 more opinions today and then we'll know. I'd say that means the decision is still definitely unknown. Hopefully, he'll get 3 opinions for no surgery. Then we can hope to get him back in the 2nd half of the season.
Sure is a lot better than that sensational headline garbage you put out within seconds after the game was over
(Without no proof whatsoever) Ridiculous.

I'm in the middle of the worst injury of my life. I have surgery scheduled for a patella tendon that I ruptured at both ends.
Was simply walking up the steps and turned to say something to someone. Patella tendon must have popped right then because I was told that I just dropped and fell down the steps. Dislocated my knee, which led to an MRI and the discovery of the torn tendon/ligament. Surgery Friday ... looking at 3 months minimum recovery time.
I asked the doc about PRP ... His answer was "Do you have professional athlete type money? Because your insurance won't cover that."
Sorry to hear about your injuries Steel. Life can sure change in a heartbeat. Keep a positive attitude,work hard in rehab,you know how time flies. You’ll be as good as new before you know it 👍👍

Patella tendon must have popped right then because I was told that I just dropped and fell down the steps.
home-alone-nail.gif
Hopefully worth a laugh. Good luck with the surgery and rehab…you got this

OK Dr. X, I have a few questions for you:
1. What is the severity of Watt's pectoral tear?
2. How were you able to assess that without access to his scans?
3. What leads you to believe with 100% certainty that he will get re-injured should he return in 6 weeks?
4. Please post your CV so that we can trust your prognosis.
Maybe the team should pay him 15 million dollars to not play in case he is injured again and needs surgery to repair with an estimated recovery time of 3-4 months makes perfect sense to me.🙄

I'm in the middle of the worst injury of my life. I have surgery scheduled for a patella tendon that I ruptured at both ends.
Was simply walking up the steps and turned to say something to someone. Patella tendon must have popped right then because I was told that I just dropped and fell down the steps. Dislocated my knee, which led to an MRI and the discovery of the torn tendon/ligament. Surgery Friday ... looking at 3 months minimum recovery time.
I asked the doc about PRP ... His answer was "Do you have professional athlete type money? Because your insurance won't cover that."
Damn, Buckeye, sorry to hear that. I'll keep you in my prayers for a successful surgery and a quick/quality rehab

Dang SteelBuckeye, prayers your way in health and recovery . The rest of this post is NOT directed towards you at all as I do hope the best recovery for yaz.

The Doc put it in a nut shell, Pro-Athlete money. The NFL is all about the money and the investent into their star players. TJ WATT will get 10-fold treatment vs the average player but don't make no mistake both players would be coddled to and entitlement ensues. This is obviously not just in the medical field either as WATSON is testiment to that. I don't have the answer but........................

Salute the nation

Speedy recovery Buckeye!

Unfortunately your 40 time will never be the same 😉
Thank You.
Fortunately my days of running the 40 are loooong gone. I'll be happy with having enough bend in my knee to comfortably sit on the throne in the library. :oops::ROFLMAO:

Prayers up my friend. Keep a positive attitude. Sorry to hear about this.

Sheeeesh! Get better quickly. In the sports world that is a called a non contact injury.

Were your knees showing signs of instability at all? I’ve heard of similar instances happening to people. In fact it was in men’s health I read about a guy, like you. Except I think he was walking down the stairs and both his knees blew out.

Sheeeesh! Get better quickly. In the sports world that is a called a non contact injury.

Were your knees showing signs of instability at all? I’ve heard of similar instances happening to people. In fact it was in men’s health I read about a guy, like you. Except I think he was walking down the stairs and both his knees blew out.
Knees have been hurting since I was in the Navy. Those old-school leather short boots with no arch support will do that to you. Lately, however, I had about 3 weeks of dull aches and intermittent sharp pain. Not too much out of the ordinary, so I didn't think much of it. Doc said that was my knee letting me know it was about to go.

Just rub some dirt on it and if that'n don help, put some gas on it. Just get back on the field for the next game. Back in my day, they din have pectoral muscle injuries.... Wimp,,

iu
Lambert looks like a deranged killer in some of his photos. He would scare the **** outta me if I faced him on the field.

God speed on a quick recovery.😟

you know I got PRP tratment for my knees, just one shot in each this past january, I have displaced patellas, apparently a factory defect that started aching when I was about 30 years old. Here in my country it isn't expensive, it was about 30$ each shot. Gotta say it lasted until about a month ago where I started feeling stiffness in my knees while swimming, always when I have done about 600 to 800 meters.

So a PRP shot lasted me for about 6 months, of course I dont do any extenuating physical activities, cant imagine how many shots a pro athlete needs

Unless it's a very minor tear. I'd figure 8-10 weeks. That's a lot of explosive pushing and pulling force that needs to be generated.

Unless it's a very minor tear. I'd figure 8-10 weeks. That's a lot of explosive pushing and pulling force that needs to be generated.
Put the bunny down.

Look, the logical thing is unless it’s extremely minor, sit him until the bye week… make sure he has time to build up the arm to playing strength again. Yeah it sucks and its going to be tough getting by through the schedule without him, but it will force them to learn to live without him and make them better in the long run