• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trade Deadline approaching

Wallace has 2 INTs. Average, yes, but not tuuurrribble...
Even a blind drunk finds a bottle if it's gifted to him. :ROFLMAO:
Seriously, I wish I could find one of those sites that shows how many times a CB has been targeted, how many receptions they've allowed, QBR against, etc. I'm pretty sure those stats would be more telling.

Wallace seems to have basically 0 ball awareness. Peterson just seems to have lost a step which is why i would move him to safety. JPJ should be starting but we would still need to replace Wallace

Rumors are the Vikings, Broncos, Panthers and Colts may be having some fire sales.

Wildest trade I can imagine would be for us to send DJ and Chuks to the Vikings for Jefferson. Pipe dream, but the money works out.

edit - i know full damn well we won't be players at the trade deadline. but this would be a super nice get for us - and beneficial for the Vikings, too.
DJ, Chuks and they'll still want at least a 1st round pick on top of that.

I don't even think Pat Pete is the worst Steelers corner but yeah he isn't a reliable outside capable anymore.
They played PP more like a safety in the Rams game. He was around the line and blitzing the run and pass quite often. I think that was their plan now that JPJ is moving up but Wallace has been horrible.

I wish. Possible combination of draft picks and LT Moore. Broderick Jones has shown he can handle LT duties albeit on a small scale. Just my $0.02
Rather give them Chukes and slide Moore over ... problem is one injury and unless a rookie T can handle the job, rut roh.

Its being reported that Henry is drawing interest from both the Ravens and the Browns…
Henry would be scary on both teams. Put Henry in Baltimore with Jackson always being a threat to row/pass...that'd be a dangerous combo.

Could we get anything for O’Canada, seriously ? Tomlin doesn’t have the gonads to do it, but I would if there was something legitimate out there.

Salute the nation
I don't know - I was thinking someone like the Alvernia Golden Wolves or Luther Norse might be interested in Canada.

sure but what are you going to give up for him

maybe Canada and Rudy??

Careful there Bucksnort———— you don’t want to be responsible for a “DRI” like thread——————

Salute the nation

Just saw this today. Not sure if it's legit, but for a stud center, I would do this. Still, I don't think it happens.

GB interested in Harris?

Just saw this today. Not sure if it's legit, but for a stud center, I would do this. Still, I don't think it happens.

GB interested in Harris?
Oh definitely would do it for a C upgrade. It would have to be that or a corner. Not interested in a draft pick. They need to make it worthwhile.

Several things
1. Anyone speculating that Najeh is getting dealt is not living in reality. Najeh will be here through his fifth year. If they dealt him, it would be at the draft… the market for RBs is probably saturated… now if it were available, I personally might make a football trade and bring in a man coverage CB or a above average interior lineman if the opportunity presents itself, but I doubt any team trades either of those for a RB…

2. I love Patrick Surtain, but again, the Broncos are trying to rebuild, not give away talent… he might be available for multiple firsts and more… they aren’t trading him for junk because they can just keep him as part of the rebuild… he is young and cost controlled…

Several things
1. Anyone speculating that Najeh is getting dealt is not living in reality. Najeh will be here through his fifth year. If they dealt him, it would be at the draft… the market for RBs is probably saturated… now if it were available, I personally might make a football trade and bring in a man coverage CB or a above average interior lineman if the opportunity presents itself, but I doubt any team trades either of those for a RB…

2. I love Patrick Surtain, but again, the Broncos are trying to rebuild, not give away talent… he might be available for multiple firsts and more… they aren’t trading him for junk because they can just keep him as part of the rebuild… he is young and cost controlled…
You think steelers 5th year option Najee? I don’t. Khan isn’t Colbert and I think he’ll let guys not performing like a top 10 walk. I guess we’ll see. But if you were going to extend a RB would it be Warren of Harris?

Surtain definitely costing a first round pick. Probably have to throw in a couple other picks and Wallace to fill the void this year. If I remember correctly it was Khan behind the Fitzpatrick trade. So likely not but I wouldn’t say no. If we did a 1st and a 4th + Wallace I would be happy.

You think steelers 5th year option Najee? I don’t. Khan isn’t Colbert and I think he’ll let guys not performing like a top 10 walk. I guess we’ll see. But if you were going to extend a RB would it be Warren of Harris?
Two dogs one bone (plus occasional use of the team ping pong table). I'd love to keep both at reasonable contracts but that is highly unlikely. Not sure what my choice would be as we sit here but, if one must go (and assuming no major changes throughout the year), I have a feeling it will end up being Warren.

Two dogs one bone (plus occasional use of the team ping pong table). I'd love to keep both at reasonable contracts but that is highly unlikely. Not sure what my choice would be as we sit here but, if one must go (and assuming no major changes throughout the year), I have a feeling it will end up being Warren.
I am looking at price tag as well. I think we can lock up Warren for a Mostert or Mattison type contract. I don’t think that’s the contract Harris takes. So you do that and draft a guy who fits the system. I think RBBC is the way to go unless you have a top 3 rb in the league.

Surtain definitely costing a first round pick. Probably have to throw in a couple other picks and Wallace to fill the void this year. If I remember correctly it was Khan behind the Fitzpatrick trade. So likely not but I wouldn’t say no. If we did a 1st and a 4th + Wallace I would be happy.
Najee isn't a cancerous player. He may very well get extended and have a long career with the Steelers. At least that's what I'm praying for...

Najee isn't a cancerous player. He may very well get extended and have a long career with the Steelers. At least that's what I'm praying for...
Maybe. But what you think his worth is? CMC is 16m. Chubb 12m. Ekeler 6m. Mattison 3.5m.

I would say more thsn Mattison and less than Ekeler. Do you think he signs for that?

Maybe. But what you think his worth is? CMC is 16m. Chubb 12m. Ekeler 6m. Mattison 3.5m.

I would say more thsn Mattison and less than Ekeler. Do you think he signs for that?

He made one pro bowl, so the fifth year option probably is just over 9 million dollars. Warren Is a RFA so he won’t have any leverage… so they probably take Najeh’s option and then sign warren to a two year bridge deal