• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trouble in the Big Sandbox

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
So........

We have Syria in flames.
We have ISIS controlling huge chunks of the Middle East, beheading anyone that sneezes un-Islamically.
We have the Gov't of Yemen overthrown.
We have Al Qeada in Yemen launching terror raids against the West.
We have Saudi Arabia, who just lost it's monarch, and we don't know how that is going to impact us.
We will always have the Israel-Palestinian issue, ad infinitum.
We have the Arab spring, that has thrown just about every N. African country into chaos.
We have Iran digging it's claws into every conflict, hoping to expand it's influence.....and succeeding.
We have a President who wants to play golf all the time.

What a ******* goat ****.

This has a possibility of turning out REAL bad.

And top of all that, I have a friggin' backed-up bathroom sink that no amount of drano seems to unclog. I need one of those plumber's gizmos to spiral down through the drain, but of course don't have one. Calling a plumber over the weekend is 2x the $$. But yeah, I agree, the death of the Saudi king may cause even more turmoil in that hellhole...

I would replace the drain trap. Those things get nasty after a while anyway.

I would replace the drain trap. Those things get nasty after a while anyway.
Thanks bro, it's well beyond that. I've dismantled the pipes from beneath the sink, those are clear, it's something deeper down that's clogging it, probably several feet down the pipe in the wall... grrrrr But this isn't ISIS, nobody's dying here, so I'll hopefully make it through. ;)

I suspect the best thing to do is to take the cuffs off Israel and let them take care of business and stop arming middle eastern countries.

When President Obama declares something a “success story,” you know it has “TOTAL FAILURE” embedded in its DNA.

Four months ago, America’s King Midas in Reverse bragged about the fruits of his triumphant foreign policy in jihad-infested Yemen. A “light footprint” approach to counterterrorism operations, he claimed, was the most effective path to stability. In addition, Obama has shoveled nearly $1 billion in American tax-subsidized foreign aid to Yemen.

Four months later, just before the State of the Union message Iran-backed Shia rebels seized a Yemeni presidential palace. The president and his entire cabinet tendered their resignations on Thursday, creating a vacuum that al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula is ready and eager to fill. ISIS is gaining its own Sunni foothold in the Muslim terror-breeding ground. And while the JV team at the State Department dithers with hashtag games and selfies, adults at the Pentagon want to evacuate U.S. embassy personnel and other Americans before it’s too late.

I'll consider it a success when the whole middle east is a big sheet of glass. Just give the Joos Mexico to get them outta there and ...

I suspect the best thing to do is to take the cuffs off Israel and let them take care of business and stop arming middle eastern countries.

I am not as opposed to foreign meddling as you are, but I have come to the conclusion is that our entire **** ups have all be when we tried to arm locals to take care of the problem.

If we were to do it ourselves, and leave when we've met a clear objective (i.e. removing Sadaam from power) everyone would be much better off.

Thanks bro, it's well beyond that. I've dismantled the pipes from beneath the sink, those are clear, it's something deeper down that's clogging it, probably several feet down the pipe in the wall... grrrrr But this isn't ISIS, nobody's dying here, so I'll hopefully make it through. ;)

That sucks.

I am not as opposed to foreign meddling as you are, but I have come to the conclusion is that our entire **** ups have all be when we tried to arm locals to take care of the problem.

If we were to do it ourselves, and leave when we've met a clear objective (i.e. removing Sadaam from power) everyone would be much better off.

Like in Vietnam or Korea or Afghanistan or Iraq?

I would absolutely insist that local natural forces be left to themselves. I can't imagine having more confidence in any military achieving its objective than the IDF

And top of all that, I have a friggin' backed-up bathroom sink that no amount of drano seems to unclog. I need one of those plumber's gizmos to spiral down through the drain, but of course don't have one. Calling a plumber over the weekend is 2x the $$. But yeah, I agree, the death of the Saudi king may cause even more turmoil in that hellhole...

TIbs -- since you are far closer to the region, could you please explain to them all Yankees on here that they do not know **** all about goat *******?

(it would be like a PSA)

I may be "closer to the region" but I have zero insight in middle east affairs... I just follow along like everyone else, reading bits & pieces, trying to make sense of it. Goat *******, on the other hand, I do have first hand experience with. The trick is to look at it kinda like a handjob, just get in there and do your thing, don't have any illusions about the romantic aspect. Rarely does it lead to anything meaningful or long-term...

TIbs -- since you are far closer to the region, could you please explain to them all Yankees on here that they do not know **** all about goat *******?

(it would be like a PSA)
Oh wise Canadian enlightened one. Please give us the wisdom, like the Europeans before you.

We should have left Iraq alone and attacked the Saudis and taken back our oilfields!

I fought the oilwars! I demand my reparations!

x-files-trust-no-one-t-shirt-3.gif

Last edited:
I'm not so sure we should have left Iraq alone.

Saddam was getting uppity.

The first three days were brilliant.

We rolled through that country perfectly.

At that point we needed to find the biggest baddest knife in teh company that was sitting at Saddam's desk and used it to pin down a list of changes he needed to implement to keep us from coming back.

Then pull out and wait.

My unit directed in the fire that killed his boys Uday and Qusay - I visited their bombed out palaces too....got some marble pieces off the walls...now on my curio shelf

I may be "closer to the region" but I have zero insight in middle east affairs... I just follow along like everyone else, reading bits & pieces, trying to make sense of it. Goat *******, on the other hand, I do have first hand experience with. The trick is to look at it kinda like a handjob, just get in there and do your thing, don't have any illusions about the romantic aspect. Rarely does it lead to anything meaningful or long-term...

Oh wise Canadian enlightened one. Please give us the wisdom, like the Europeans before you.

I don't know jack about goat *******, but was easily able to understand that Tibs might. He does seem standoff-ish about it, eh?

I know one thing - this ****** isn't helping

Kerry tells Western leaders it would be an 'error' to refer to violent extremists as Islamists

In a speech calling for a global effort against violent extremism, Kerry said it would be a mistake to link Islam to criminal conduct rooted in alienation, poverty, thrill-seeking and other factors.

'We have to keep our heads,' Kerry said, according to the Associate Press.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2923764/Kerry-Violent-extremism-not-Islamic.html

Kerry is a moron. God that guy is annoying. He is an error. I wish he would have stayed in Vietnam.

So........

We have Syria in flames.
We have ISIS controlling huge chunks of the Middle East, beheading anyone that sneezes un-Islamically.
We have Saudi Arabia, who just lost it's monarch, and we don't know how that is going to impact us.
We have the Arab spring, that has thrown just about every N. African country into chaos.
We have Iran digging it's claws into every conflict, hoping to expand it's influence.....and succeeding.

Apparently it is all going to plan -

Some Shiite Muslims have long believed, based on Islamic prophecies, that Abdullah’s death would set off a chain of events that would destabilize Saudi Arabia and culminate in the rise of Imam Mahdi—the messianic figure of Islamic eschatology.

From - King Abdullah’s Death Fulfills ‘End-Time Prophecies,’ Say Shiites - https://www.thetrumpet.com/article/...fulfills-end-time-prophecies-say-some-shiites

BO is in his way there now to suck the new kings ****

So........

We have Syria in flames.
We have Iran digging it's claws into every conflict, hoping to expand it's influence.....and succeeding. And reportedly testing an icbm.

One more degree of Kevin Bacon......"all is well."

Just don't try to fix it yourself for God's sake. I remember the time you tired to install a towel rack.

We meddle poorly.

. In addition, Obama has shoveled nearly $1 billion in American tax-subsidized foreign aid to Yemen.

Otherwise known as "home improvement."

I'll consider it a success when the whole middle east is a big sheet of glass. Just give the Joos Mexico to get them outta there and ...

I like the new Joo homeland idea.

See my sig

That sucks.

No, it doesn't. Which seems to be the issue.

Once again you're wrong....everyone knows you tie them up and at just the right moment have a partner "cut 'er loose."

My unit directed in the fire that killed his boys Uday and Qusay - I visited their bombed out palaces too....got some marble pieces off the walls...now on my curio shelf

I want those. Name your price.....

The whole region is just ignorant. I do not know how people can think what they are doing is right. I do not care what your religion is you should still have a feel for right and wrong. People just do not think for themselves anymore, and that goes for all over the world. There is no answer.... People over there have been fighting well before we were even a country.

I knew oil prices were too low. Gotta start some **** to get the price back up.

I admit I have become more non-interventionist over the years. These people have their various differences with each other, but the one thing most of them have in common is they absolutely friggin hate us. I disagree with a lot of non-interventionists on the reasons why, but the fact remains. **** 'em. Let them kill each other, but annihilate anyone who gets any serious military capability or nukes.