• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump Bans Transgender Military Recruits

I'm not sure I feel about it either. I'm surprised, probably naive, to learn there are between 2500 to 7000 active transgender people in the US military. Glad it's not a decision I have to make.

but who's going to throw the double-headed explosive jelly dildos now?

Well it is HIS military and HIS generals. What an *******!!
i know you're interested in how our military is run since you're dependent upon it, but you can **** right off, leeching canuck.

I don't understand the issue enough to have an opinion

i know you're interested in how our military is run since you're dependent upon it, but you can **** right off, leeching canuck.
I dont need to know how something is run to know that someone who leads something who consistently refers to it as mine is not serving people as he was elected to do.

I'm not sure I feel about it either. I'm surprised, probably naive, to learn there are between 2500 to 7000 active transgender people in the US military. Glad it's not a decision I have to make.

No ****. My first thought was hell, how many people does this affect, like 20? That is a big number. I'm guessing that almost 100% are biological women who are living as men, which kind of makes sense when you think about it. They already have masculine physical traits and mentality and are striving to become more masculine through testosterone therapy. That kind of goes hand in hand with enjoying physical training and combat mentality. I can't see a transitioning male to female who is trying to become as feminine as possible and taking estrogen having much desire to battle it out in the mud and grime.

Last edited:
How can it affect anybody if the lift on the ban was never enacted? They've never been allowed.

The decision reversed a policy initially approved by the Defense Department under President Barack Obama, which was still under final review, that would allow transgender individuals to openly serve in the military. Defense Secretary James Mattis announced last month that he was delaying enactment of the plan to begin allowing transgender individuals to join the US military.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/26/politics/trump-military-transgender/index.html

No ****. My first thought was hell, how many people does this affect, like 20? That is a big number. I'm guessing that almost 100% are biological women who are living as men, which kind of makes sense when you think about it. They already have masculine physical traits and mentality and are striving to become more masculine through testosterone therapy. That kind of goes hand in hand with physical training and combat mentality. I can't see a transitioning male to female while trying to become as feminine as possible and taking estrogen having much desire to battle it out in the mud and grime.

I do feel that the military shouldn't be used to pay for their surgeries. That's not why they are there. If they are serving to protect and die for our country, then that's why I have mixed feelings about it. You are correct about the majority has to be females transitioning to men. Makes sense.

I dont need to know how something is run to know that someone who leads something who consistently refers to it as mine is not serving people as he was elected to do.
transgenders account for only 0.3% of the population. also, only about 2% of the population at any given time has served in the military; applying that same ratio to transgenders, we would be rewriting national security policy to accommodate 0.00006% of the population.

and, again, **** right off you leeching canuck

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/31/health/transgender-costs-irpt/index.html

(CNN)Nicholas Ballou binds his chest each day before leaving his home. It's so tight he often finds it hard to breathe and has gotten lightheaded. Throughout the day, he might touch his chest or adjust the wrap -- a nervous habit. Nothing can be out of place.

Ballou, a transgender male, cannot afford top surgery, which would get rid of his breasts and give him a more male-looking chest. At 23, he has wanted to have this surgery for 10 years, but it's expensive and it's unlikely he'll be able to cover the costs anytime soon.

Caitlyn Jenner's highly publicized and often celebrated transition from male to female is not typical of what most transgender people experience. Jenner said so recently in her acceptance speech for ESPN's Arthur Ashe Courage Award at the annual ESPY Awards ceremony.

"If you want to call me names, make jokes, doubt my intentions, go ahead. Because the reality is, I can take it," Jenner said. "But for the thousands of kids out there coming to terms with being true to who they are, they shouldn't have to take it."

As part of her transition, Jenner reports having completed a facial feminization surgery, hormone therapy and breast augmentation.

Many transgender people transition without surgery. Some say they don't want surgery, or are interested in only some of the medical options available. But many cite the cost of the procedures -- potentially more than $100,000 out of pocket -- and the lack of insurance coverage as a barrier to their transition. Still, they worry about how going without might affect their mental health and safety.

The surgery: What does it cost?

The cost of a transgender person's transition can vary widely, and pricing information is often not available.

Eugene Schrang, a Wisconsin surgeon who specialized in gender reassignment surgeries before retiring in 2007, said most patients paid out of pocket for their surgeries, and it was rare for insurance to cover the procedures. Factors that affect the cost include the number of surgeries people want, where the surgeries take place and what type of insurance they use. They also might incur additional costs for travel, hospital stays and psychological evaluations.

In Pennsylvania, the Philadelphia Center for Transgender Surgery posts cost estimates for different procedures. Its price list mentions estimates of $140,450 to transition from male to female, and $124,400 to transition from female to male. This list, unlike many others, includes potential costs for things such as anesthesia, hospital stay and each of the potential surgeries that someone transitioning from one gender to the other may want or require. These numbers are based on one surgery center though, and will change depending on factors such as insurance, the hospital that is attended or if someone is using a different surgery center altogether.

Its irrelevant to me. Its his attitude. Its the way he uses irrelevant things like this as a diversion to placate people who are his base. Its so childish. Things are going bad with Sessions and Russia. Let me find a diversionary scapegoat. Where are the transgenders? And then he talks about money. Really how about the cost of his security?

Its irrelevant to me. Its his attitude. Its the way he uses irrelevant things like this as a diversion to placate people who are his base. Its so childish. Things are going bad with Sessions and Russia. Let me find a diversionary scapegoat. Where are the transgenders? And then he talks about money. Really how about the cost of his security?
He killed a stupid PC move by Obama the the military did not agree with. That's a big reason he was elected. Nothing diversionary about it.

This should really be about transgenders and the military. Not Trump.

He killed a stupid PC move by Obama the the military did not agree with. That's a big reason he was elected. Nothing diversionary about it.
Really Sessions, Russia, healthcare, ecconomy on the plate but he has time for .00006%. But its not a diversion. Really.

Really Sessions, Russia, healthcare, ecconomy on the plate but he has time for .00006%. But its not a diversion. Really.

for eight years, the AMERICAN people (not you leeching ***** north of our border) had those "marginalized" pushed to the forefront.
now, we're just saying transgenders will not be in the military.

they're already not allowed.

so this is much ado about nothing, but the left needs to whine more about something, anything. today. now.

I think that anyone who is physically and mentally capable of serving should be allowed to. As far as the military paying for their elective and cosmetic surgeries, no.

In Pennsylvania, the Philadelphia Center for Transgender Surgery posts cost estimates for different procedures. Its price list mentions estimates of $140,450 to transition from male to female, and $124,400 to transition from female to male. This list, unlike many others, includes potential costs for things such as anesthesia, hospital stay and each of the potential surgeries that someone transitioning from one gender to the other may want or require.

So these sick freaks just want to join up to get their surgeries paid for by the military? - **** em - the military is there to fight wars and win, not run some ******* boarding school for social experments that want the government/taxpayers to pay for cutting off their dicks and ****

Let's see -

The military can turn you away if your tattoos break the rules.
The military can turn you away if you are taking any of a number of medications/psychiatric problems.

BUT — if you think you’re one of the opposite sex, inject yourself with massive hormones, and have elected to surgically mutilate your genitals in a search for inner happiness, then the military CANNOT turn you away?

LIBERALISM RUN AMOK!

THIS is why Trump will win in 2020

for eight years, the AMERICAN people (not you leeching ***** north of our border) had those "marginalized" pushed to the forefront.
now, we're just saying transgenders will not be in the military.

they're already not allowed.

so this is much ado about nothing, but the left needs to whine more about something, anything. today. now.
The leeching ***** north of the border served in WW1 with comparetively catostrophic casualties, WW2 before the U.S. entered and again took comparetively catostrophic casualties (my grandfather served with distinction), Korea, Peace Keeping Missions over the world, the first gulf war and Afghanastan. So **** off. If you are too stupid to see this is a diversion by tge President to sucker the media into talking about something else. Something that pleases you and other like minded people. Well good luck with that.

The leeching ***** north of the border served in WW1 with comparetively catostrophic casualties, WW2 before the U.S. entered and again took comparetively catostrophic casualties (my grandfather served with distinction), Korea, Peace Keeping Missions over the world, the first gulf war and Afghanastan. So **** off. If you are too stupid to see this is a diversion by tge President to sucker the media into talking about something else. Something that pleases you and other like minded people. Well good luck with that.

triggered, are you?
do you see me whining about the cuck that is trudeau? no. his **** doesn't bother me. i don't care.
yet you're whining about American politics.
leech

I think that anyone who is physically and mentally capable of serving should be allowed to. As far as the military paying for their elective and cosmetic surgeries, no.

Post transition, they have to have constant medication. Do they get to serve if willing? I don't think Type 1 diabetics can serve.

triggered, are you?
do you see me whining about the cuck that is trudeau? no. his **** doesn't bother me. i don't care.
yet you're whining about American politics.
leech
Lets make a few distinctions here. First I vote conservative every election. Secondly because of the massive military industrial complex that you swing your dick about, US politics has a somewhat greater effect on the world than Canada.

Post transition, they have to have constant medication. Do they get to serve if willing? I don't think Type 1 diabetics can serve.

I honestly don't know enough about the medical complications. If there are medical reasons or physical limitations that preclude them from serving, they shouldn't. My understanding is thousands of transgender people are currently serving, so I'm guessing it's not always an issue.