• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump Bans Transgender Military Recruits

Now this makes too much sense. Like Spike mentions above we're going to end up footing the bill for the surgeries. And you know that's going to happen. I think the question will be how long it will take before this goes to court?

Does this mean that Bradley (Chelsea) Manning will have to pay for his/her own surgery now?

The military is NOT a social experiment, which is what Obama turned it into.

I honestly don't know enough about the medical complications. If there are medical reasons or physical limitations that preclude them from serving, they shouldn't. My understanding is thousands of transgender people are currently serving, so I'm guessing it's not always an issue.

They used to do it to get out of the service -
klinger.jpeg

Post transition, they have to have constant medication. Do they get to serve if willing? I don't think Type 1 diabetics can serve.

Nope kept my daughter from going ROTC and getting all her Nursing degree paid for. My son has mild Tourettes and is also disqualified.

******* stupid **** Obummer tried to put into play for the mentally ill. Go join the Canadian military. I'm sure they'll pay for your dick to be chopped off and turned into some type of ****** up vagina. They do after all make terrorists who kill American soldiers millionaires.

If you want a uniform and the Government to pay for your sex change break the law in California. Gerry Brown will be more than happy to please you.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

I honestly don't know enough about the medical complications. If there are medical reasons or physical limitations that preclude them from serving, they shouldn't. My understanding is thousands of transgender people are currently serving, so I'm guessing it's not always an issue.

I think it is just people dressing differently, right now, rather than post-op.

My only issues is that people will join and demand that the military pay for their surgery and STILL stay in for the post-op medical issues or want to join post-op. You already see this in the prison system.

I think it is just people dressing differently, right now, rather than post-op.

My only issues is that people will join and demand that the military pay for their surgery and STILL stay in for the post-op medical issues or want to join post-op. You already see this in the prison system.
I believe by their own estimates it is a 3-4 million dollar issue. Really not worth discussing. This is simply chum in the water to get the media and people's attention diverted elsewhere.

I honestly don't know enough about the medical complications.

All I know is the procedure for a female to male sex reassignment surgery is called an "Addadictomy"... or at least that's what it should be called.

First off, gender reassignment surgery is an elective surgery. It is not performed for life-threatening reasons nor is it a mandatory surgery. It is one's choice. I do not believe people should be allowed to join the military with the intent of having the surgeries and having the taxpayers foot the bill. If you want to become a man or a woman, fine. That is your prerogative, I don't want to pay for it, and I shouldn't have to pay for it.

2nd of all, it is a real and tangible distraction. Why should the troops have to deal with an individual that is more concerned with their own sexual identity and all the inherent internal turmoils being experienced by someone with these emotional and physiological issues? the mind of the military member should be focused on one's mission and that of the others in their unit, not being a man trapped in a woman's body or vice versa.

3rd - the Department of Defense has an enormous amount of time and money invested in recruiting a person, putting that person through basic training, through extensive specialty training classes/courses, and certifying that person to perform their specific military occupational specialty. The trade off for all this time and expense is that one serves in a unit and actually performs the task that they're trained to do. Gender reassignment surgeries and the recovery times subtract from the time one is actually supposed to be performing their specific duties. is this a prudent return on the taxpayer's investment?

Most military units are typically compromised of small groups of individuals with highly specialized skills. The success and the very lives of the members of these units require participation, performance and sacrifice of ALL individuals within that unit, especially of one recovering from numerous gender reassignment surgeries, can place an undue burden on the remaining members of the team and may have a derogatory effect on the performance of their mission. The unit may very well fail in that mission because of the missing individual, or individuals, and that may very well cost the other members of the team their lives. Are we willing to sacrifice life and limb so taht someone can extricate themselves from the crushing burden of being an individual in the wrong gendered body?

Last edited:
This was just a scam by Obama to put the military on the hook to pay for transgenders for life. It's absurd and not accepting them is easily justified by the same policies where the military rejects many other people based on medical conditions that would not make them cost effective soldiers.

I know people who work in the VA and thy said that many flocked to join the military and immediately put in papers for gender reassignment. It's a known scam. Serve a few years then have taxpayers pay for your treatments forever. That and they pretty much allow the trans soldier to skate through basic because it's not "fair" to hold them to the same physical standards as men.

This is not a social issue at all. It's no different than rejecting people for diabetes or being color blind.

Those of us who actually served in the military and know about what it means to "keep good order and discipline in the ranks" know what a bad idea the integration of transgender people into the service is.

Transgenders have a very high suicide rate. That's because gender confusion used to be treated as a psychological issue which it is, but a few decades ago, liberalism stepped in and started demanding that it nomlonger be treated, but instead encouraged.

The problem with that is the gender reassignment only helps for a short time, because appearances was not the problem. And since the problem is not being treated, they sink into depression and end things.

You watch the suicide rates climb for transgenders. Look at how they are making it seem like changjng sex is normal and even brave and heroic. Many desperate people are going to get run over in yet another liberal scam only cares about telling people what they want to hear and not reality.

Transgenders are a total non issue to me. There is a dude/ chick at Costco. We kinda chuckle looks like Barney Rubble dressed as a woman. I dont doubt for a second that there are some people signing up for that purpose. But how many really? I could see some women signing up and getting a change. I really cant see many guys wanting to subject themselves to that. Furthermore if the recruiter believes the person is a poor candidate ie. They are only joining for the operation they should be rejected. Or just dont include gender reassignment on health benefits. Done. Non issue.

Transgenders are a total non issue to me. There is a dude/ chick at Costco. We kinda chuckle looks like Barney Rubble dressed as a woman. I dont doubt for a second that there are some people signing up for that purpose. But how many really? I could see some women signing up and getting a change. I really cant see many guys wanting to subject themselves to that. Furthermore if the recruiter believes the person is a poor candidate ie. They are only joining for the operation they should be rejected. Or just dont include gender reassignment on health benefits. Done. Non issue.

That's pretty much what Trump just did. A man who thinks he's a woman can still join, just not get treatments or surgeries paid for and he would still have to meet male physical standards.

The needs of the MANY outweigh the needs of the very very few. Cut your dick off or sow a dick on with your own money. The military should be focused on defending and being the best killing machine it can be. Not worried about if G.I. Johnny is wanting to be a girl. It's so stupid i can't even believe it.

That's pretty much what Trump just did. A man who thinks he's a woman can still join, just not get treatments or surgeries paid for and he would still have to meet male physical standards.
If that is really what is being said I would say that is fair enough. I dont care if a woman or a man, gay or straight, transgender or not pulls me out of a fire. But you phyically have to be able to carry my 180 lb self out. All I give a crap about. I can see the who pays for it would become a murky issue. I dont think refusing to pay is a problem. Saying you cant join is the chum in the water.

How 'bout those Dolphins?

Transgenders have a very high suicide rate. That's because gender confusion used to be treated as a psychological issue which it is, but a few decades ago, liberalism stepped in and started demanding that it nomlonger be treated, but instead encouraged.

The problem with that is the gender reassignment only helps for a short time, because appearances was not the problem. And since the problem is not being treated, they sink into depression and end things.

You watch the suicide rates climb for transgenders. Look at how they are making it seem like changjng sex is normal and even brave and heroic. Many desperate people are going to get run over in yet another liberal scam only cares about telling people what they want to hear and not reality.

I think one could argue the high suicide rate is due to lack of social acceptance. I do believe there are some people who are just messed up and confused, but there are also some who have legitimately felt like they are the wrong gender for their entire lives, since they were very small. I know one such person, daughter (now son) of a friend of mine.

This girl has been telling her parents she was a boy since she was a toddler. They didn't really do much about it, figuring it was a phase or she was a tomboy, but by the time she reached high school she was dressing as a boy and cutting her hair short. Her parents finally accepted it, as they really had no other choice. Do you think you could force your 15 or 16 year old to have long hair and wear flowered shirts and dresses? She is 18 and hasn't had any surgeries yet but I can promise you, this (now) young man is not confused at all about what and who he is. He's known his entire life.

Like I said, I doubt that's the case with all so-called transgender people, but if you have ever gotten to know a real transgendered person you might feel differently about them being mentally ill or a freak of some sort. Perhaps it is some kind of hormonal imbalance or birth defect, who knows, but it is certainly more than just "confusion" for some people.

I think one could argue the high suicide rate is due to lack of social acceptance. I do believe there are some people who are just messed up and confused, but there are also some who have legitimately felt like they are the wrong gender for their entire lives, since they were very small. I know one such person, daughter (now son) of a friend of mine.

This girl has been telling her parents she was a boy since she was a toddler. They didn't really do much about it, figuring it was a phase or she was a tomboy, but by the time she reached high school she was dressing as a boy and cutting her hair short. Her parents finally accepted it, as they really had no other choice. Do you think you could force your 15 or 16 year old to have long hair and wear flowered shirts and dresses? She is 18 and hasn't had any surgeries yet but I can promise you, this (now) young man is not confused at all about what and who he is. He's known his entire life.

Like I said, I doubt that's the case with all so-called transgender people, but if you have ever gotten to know a real transgendered person you might feel differently about them being mentally ill or a freak of some sort. Perhaps it is some kind of hormonal imbalance or birth defect, who knows, but it is certainly more than just "confusion" for some people.
I think it is true of anything. If you actually know someone who is different then you for whatever reason you will probably understand them much better. I think that there are lots of people who are truely like your friends kid. I also think that the "social acceptance" of those people has led to probably more people then who actually are transgender believing they are. Ive even seen parents kinda seem to encourage. I think that is pretty ****** dumb. I dont think this is something that should be worked out at 17. Maybe 27 or 30.

Considering that less than 1% of the population is legitimately transgender and 0.4% of the population is in the military, that should keep about three people out of the armed forces.

considering that less than 1% of the population is legitimately transgender and 0.4% of the population is in the military, that should keep about three people out of the armed forces.

This is an issue close to my heart. I've met two students like that in my career. One of these kids, at 18 years old chose me as the first person he'd ever told his secret to. Something like that will go a long way towards softening your stance and making you sympathetic on this issue....trust me. I didn't know it but his kid had been sizing me up all school year to determine whether I was a trustworthy, safe person to disclose something that had been tormenting him since Elementary school. This kid was virtually non verbal. He did not speak to teachers, he did not speak to other kids....at all. He walked through the halls with his hair in front hanging down to cover his eyes and most of his face and he looked at the floor, always. I always made a point to say hello in the halls and ask how he was doing even though I knew he wouldn't answer, because I could see he was obviously miserable. His name was always coming up with teachers as someone they were scared was a suicide risk. Sure enough, with about 3 weeks left in his Senior year of school, he walked my office and said, "There's something I need to tell you but I don't know if I can." First of all, the fact that he voluntarily started a conversation with me was enough to knock me back a step.

I told him to sit down and take his time and I could see that he was struggling. To take the pressure off a little bit I told him that I would just continue working at my desk and whenever he was ready, just to go ahead and say it. He sat staring at my floor for the next 45 minutes trying to make up his mind. Finally he said, "I can't tell you out loud but if you give me a piece of paper I will write it". I passed him the paper and he wrote something on it and folded it up. He then sat with that paper in his hand for another 30 minutes trying to get his courage up. He finally gave it to me. I opened it up and read it. It said, "I am a girl".

After I collected my bearings for a second, I asked, "So this how you feel inside?" He nodded his head and said he had been holding on to that secret for over 10 years. He said he was always sure that he should have been born a girl and didn't understand it. He was obviously ashamed that he told me until I assured him that it wasn't something horrific that he told me and that I wasn't shocked or upset by it. He gradually opened up more and we talked for the next hour or so. It went very well and I was flabbergasted by how much he talked after not saying a word for 4 years.

The next time I saw him was in the hall the next day. His hair was completely out of his eyes and his head was up and said hi right back when I said it to him. It was the goddamndest thing I ever saw. He looked like a new person. We had several more conversations leading up to graduation about it and I think the fact that he told someone what was in his mind the most horrific secret imaginable and they didn't go crazy or freak out was all it took. I figure he probably played that scenario out in his head for years and imagined the worst outcomes possible. I don't know where he is today but I can guarantee that he is living as a girl. On a professional level that made a huge impact on me and showed me that the simplest things and a little understanding can sometimes make a huge difference.

Last edited:
I honestly don't think they are a freak or mentally ill. If they want to serve our country, then they should be able to, if they meet all the criteria. Saying that, it does get dicey when you talk about bathrooms, showers, bunking , etc. That's another issue, as is the US govt paying for any medical procedures. Just as your health insurance will not pay for most cosmetic or enhancements, the govt shouldn't either. It's not a life or death procedure.