• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump Bans Transgender Military Recruits

I honestly don't think they are a freak or mentally ill. If they want to serve our country, then they should be able to, if they meet all the criteria. Saying that, it does get dicey when you talk about bathrooms, showers, bunking , etc. That's another issue, as is the US govt paying for any medical procedures. Just as your health insurance will not pay for most cosmetic or enhancements, the govt shouldn't either. It's not a life or death procedure.

Absolutely mental illness. Any shrink worth his doctorates will tell you so.

Absolutely mental illness. Any shrink worth his doctorates will tell you so.

I don't have a Doctorate in the mental health field, but I do have a Masters in it. I actually believe it is probably more a physical/chemical thing in the brain that most likely occurred before birth. Maybe some kind of chromosome glitch where the estrogen and testosterone gene gets scrambled up somehow or a little extra of one or the other gets put somewhere it normally isn't, which may lead to the gender identity confusion. That's just my take on it anyway.

Last edited:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/26/politics/trump-military-transgender/index.html

This is interesting. I am not really sure how i feel about it. On one hand Trump / the generals make good points, but on the other hand if you have someone willing to risk their life for the country then i am not sure the govt should stop them

If someone is willing to risk their life. Then by all means let them join. The USA stands for freedom, and although I disagree with transgender stuff personally. I won't go out of my way to disrespect them of whatever. They have a right to life as much as I. So I, like you feel unsure about this too

Transgenders have a very high suicide rate. That's because gender confusion used to be treated as a psychological issue which it is, but a few decades ago, liberalism stepped in and started demanding that it nomlonger be treated, but instead encouraged.

The problem with that is the gender reassignment only helps for a short time, because appearances was not the problem. And since the problem is not being treated, they sink into depression and end things.

You watch the suicide rates climb for transgenders. Look at how they are making it seem like changjng sex is normal and even brave and heroic. Many desperate people are going to get run over in yet another liberal scam only cares about telling people what they want to hear and not reality.

the left has an answer for that.
we'll just ban guns.

that's the only way a person can kill themselves.

oh, and we'll ban prescription medicine. unless you meet certain requirements and promise to not kill yourself.
and we'll ban tall buildings. and make trains go slow.
and no scuba diving. and no cement shoes. and ...

I know, and the source for the 15k figure is from CNN so that number is essentially useless. That's why I qualified it with the word "legitimately". I'm not included dudes who are just ****** up and like to wear a dress.
Speaking of, if you're an older dude with a bad ticker, leave your silky women's underwear for your private moments at home. If you die in the ER, when I get you to the funeral home I'm going to find it. Seen it happen. :shocked:

Burgundy:

Last edited:
I think one could argue the high suicide rate is due to lack of social acceptance. I do believe there are some people who are just messed up and confused, but there are also some who have legitimately felt like they are the wrong gender for their entire lives, since they were very small. I know one such person, daughter (now son) of a friend of mine.

This girl has been telling her parents she was a boy since she was a toddler. They didn't really do much about it, figuring it was a phase or she was a tomboy, but by the time she reached high school she was dressing as a boy and cutting her hair short. Her parents finally accepted it, as they really had no other choice. Do you think you could force your 15 or 16 year old to have long hair and wear flowered shirts and dresses? She is 18 and hasn't had any surgeries yet but I can promise you, this (now) young man is not confused at all about what and who he is. He's known his entire life.

Like I said, I doubt that's the case with all so-called transgender people, but if you have ever gotten to know a real transgendered person you might feel differently about them being mentally ill or a freak of some sort. Perhaps it is some kind of hormonal imbalance or birth defect, who knows, but it is certainly more than just "confusion" for some people.

I never said anybody was a freak. Mental illness doesn't make somebody a freak.

It gets tricky because you have some people who may just be gay and that is the cause of their gender confusion and once they admit it to themselves, they can be happy.

That's a far cry from becoming the opposite sex. We are now being told that therapy is the drastic and evil thing and radical life altering surgery is the only answer. It's not.

Gender confusion is not uncommon in kids. They may not even realize it. The girl who is a tomboy may have never even thought of it in terms of gender. She just likes playing ball better than shopping and boys. And most of those tomboys do grow out of it naturally as they get older. What's happening now is we have people with an agenda trying to tell that tomboy that she's really transgendered and wants to be a boy when that may not be the case.

Regardless of any of that, there is absolutely no way that the government should be paying for trans surgeries and treatments. If you've made the adult decision to do it, then you should pay for it yourself.

I don't care how you identify.

If you want to fight and die for this country, you have my support 100%

Those of you thinking the military is a free sex change clinic, is being wagged.

You either support the troops or you're a hypocrite.

I care less one way or the other. I do care, when some posters like Sask attempt to say this is some form of a diversion. Really? What was it when Odumma made this a national issue for years? Addressing 0.003% of the population and making it a national issue? Forcing schools to potentially lose federal funds if they didn't comply with open bathroom policies? Turning the entire issue into a nation-wide forefront discussion for literally YEARS. 700,000 people out of the 300Million Americans will and shall be catered to, per Bammy.

Trump says "they cannot join the military" after consultation with generals, and it is a diversion?

Could one not say that every time B. Hussein made this his issue, it was a diversion, keeping him from having to address Bhengazi, Fast & Furious, the horrible job market he presided over, and on and on and on?

I guess when a Democrat addresses transgenders, it is noble and worthy and should be forefront to Americans, more important than jobs, the economy and terrorism.

He just put an issue to bed that never should have been made an issue.

Those of you thinking the military is a free sex change clinic, is being wagged.

Until you have been an NCO in one of the branches of the service dealing with all the issues of enlisted personnel barely out of their teens living in the barracks you have negative knowledge of the problems this will cause. Supporting a ban on mentally ill "Transgender" people IS supporting the troops.

**** that. Elective surgery and who knows what kind of drugs and sensitivity training. **** that.

I never said anybody was a freak. Mental illness doesn't make somebody a freak.

It gets tricky because you have some people who may just be gay and that is the cause of their gender confusion and once they admit it to themselves, they can be happy.

That's a far cry from becoming the opposite sex. We are now being told that therapy is the drastic and evil thing and radical life altering surgery is the only answer. It's not.

Gender confusion is not uncommon in kids. They may not even realize it. The girl who is a tomboy may have never even thought of it in terms of gender. She just likes playing ball better than shopping and boys. And most of those tomboys do grow out of it naturally as they get older. What's happening now is we have people with an agenda trying to tell that tomboy that she's really transgendered and wants to be a boy when that may not be the case.

Regardless of any of that, there is absolutely no way that the government should be paying for trans surgeries and treatments. If you've made the adult decision to do it, then you should pay for it yourself.

I think it's highly unlikely that there are large numbers of people who are really pushing their kids to be transgendered, and endure all of the horrible stuff that goes with it. It was really heartbreaking for my friend, she felt as though she was losing a child. Her daughter was gone, she had to adjust to having a son with a new name, appearance etc. It's really not a walk in the park for the parents or the kid, and I don't think many people try to push it on their kids for ***** and giggles. Are there exceptions? Probably. But I doubt it's very common. Far more common that the parent completely rejects the kid.

I agree, it's an elective surgery. Some transgendered people don't ever have surgery, by choice. I don't think it's something the government, or any insurance really, should be paying for. It's not medically necessary.

I wouldn't go as far to say someone is a hypocrite for not supporting transgendered troops.
They have the right/freedoms etc which what the USA stands for.

My uncertainty lies in the "liberal agenda". It goes both ways.
The media makes cutting off weiners a bigger deal than it should. An aware adult has the right to be a man/woman/snow leapord/etc.

....just be ready for criticism. Society as a whole still gets uncomfy around that stuff. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't uncomfy around transgenders.
Doesn't mean I don't mistreat them.
Just very taboo around my neck of the woods.

I'd assume the same in the military.

I care less one way or the other. I do care, when some posters like Sask attempt to say this is some form of a diversion. Really? What was it when Odumma made this a national issue for years? Addressing 0.003% of the population and making it a national issue? Forcing schools to potentially lose federal funds if they didn't comply with open bathroom policies? Turning the entire issue into a nation-wide forefront discussion for literally YEARS. 700,000 people out of the 300Million Americans will and shall be catered to, per Bammy.

Trump says "they cannot join the military" after consultation with generals, and it is a diversion?

Could one not say that every time B. Hussein made this his issue, it was a diversion, keeping him from having to address Bhengazi, Fast & Furious, the horrible job market he presided over, and on and on and on?

I guess when a Democrat addresses transgenders, it is noble and worthy and should be forefront to Americans, more important than jobs, the economy and terrorism.

He just put an issue to bed that never should have been made an issue.
Really Mueller investigation moving into Trumps financial dealings with Russia. Sessions problem at a head. North Korea attempting to bluff and see how far they can push ****, his signature health care repeal hanging by a thread and he tweets that as Ron said a miniscual amount of people will be discriminated against when he could have said 500 different things like I don't know all soldiers will have to meet requirements and we will not pay for surgeries. You dont think that is a diversionary tactic. Ok well its pretty clear how he was elected and how the 38 percent continue to support. You think this is the end of the line for this? Dream on.

Yea, because that's why people want to join the army...

SMFH...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Steeler Nation mobile app
That has nothing to do with the objection. I could not care less about their motivation. I am thinking about the readiness of the military. You don't disrupt it to avoid snowflakes shaking their ******* heads.

Really Mueller investigation moving into Trumps financial dealings with Russia. Sessions problem at a head. North Korea attempting to bluff and see how far they can push ****, his signature health care repeal hanging by a thread and he tweets that as Ron said a miniscual amount of people will be discriminated against when he could have said 500 different things like I don't know all soldiers will have to meet requirements and we will not pay for surgeries. You dont think that is a diversionary tactic. Ok well its pretty clear how he was elected and how the 38 percent continue to support. You think this is the end of the line for this? Dream on.

I'll ask you again. When Obama was dealing with his own massive issues - that I listed - and he worked diligently for years to make transgenders the talking points of the nation...using your logic, was that not also diversionary? Ya can't have it both ways...unless you're a Liberal.

The military doesn't cover fertility treatments either. So what? There's a BIG stink going on on my FB feed about this....saying that fertility treatments SHOULD be covered because it's not fair for a person not to have kids. WRONG. It's an elective treatment, same as this sex change thing. I don't know where people come up with these comparisons, but they REACH and REACH and REACH.

I wouldn't go as far to say someone is a hypocrite for not supporting transgendered troops.
They have the right/freedoms etc which what the USA stands for.

My uncertainty lies in the "liberal agenda". It goes both ways.
The media makes cutting off weiners a bigger deal than it should. An aware adult has the right to be a man/woman/snow leapord/etc.

....just be ready for criticism. Society as a whole still gets uncomfy around that stuff. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't uncomfy around transgenders.
Doesn't mean I don't mistreat them.
Just very taboo around my neck of the woods.

I'd assume the same in the military.

It's about the Dems/Libs/Media creating and enlarging another grievance group because that's what the Dem party has become, a coalition of "victims" and grievance groups.

The military doesn't cover fertility treatments either. So what? There's a BIG stink going on on my FB feed about this....saying that fertility treatments SHOULD be covered because it's not fair for a person not to have kids. WRONG. It's an elective treatment, same as this sex change thing. I don't know where people come up with these comparisons, but they REACH and REACH and REACH.

OK, Trump didn't ban military coverage of transgender medical costs, he banned transgendered people from the military.

I think we can all agree that it's patently absurd to mention cost as a reason for this. $2 - $8 million dollars isn't a whole lot of weekend getaways to Mar-a-lago or rallies in Youngstown.

Until you have been an NCO in one of the branches of the service dealing with all the issues of enlisted personnel barely out of their teens living in the barracks you have negative knowledge of the problems this will cause. Supporting a ban on mentally ill "Transgender" people IS supporting the troops.

That post made me think Cope is challenging 21 for poorly thought out opinion,

OK, Trump didn't ban military coverage of transgender medical costs, he banned transgendered people from the military.

I think we can all agree that it's patently absurd to mention cost as a reason for this. $2 - $8 million dollars isn't a whole lot of weekend getaways to Mar-a-lago or rallies in Youngstown.
You realize that nothing actually changed. He just went back to the policy that was in effect before Obama's Defense Department decided to change it, and that change was still under final review when Trump killed it.

You realize that nothing actually changed. He just went back to the policy that was in effect before Obama's Defense Department decided to change it, and that change was still under final review when Trump killed it.

This fact escapes outraged, under-informed Liberals the world over.

Donald Orange Hair Trump Kicked Transgenders OUT of the Military!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ummmm, wrong.

This fact escapes outraged, under-informed Liberals the world over.

Donald Orange Hair Trump Kicked Transgenders OUT of the Military!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ummmm, wrong.
That's what liberals do. It's like when Bush tried to roll back ridiculously high arsenic contamination standards enacted by Clinton days before he left office. All of a sudden the dems were saying that water bottles would need poison labels and Bush was trying to kill people. Same standards that were in place for years. Dem politicians know how stupid their constituents are.