• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump's pledge to you

Lol you people don't have a clue as to how things work in Washington. If you think Limbaugh or Meet the Press has enlightened you, think again.

The way power is distributed in D.C. won't allow big shake ups like you think is going to happen.

Chump is going to dissapoint time and time again, and I will be here to LMAO.

https://www.google.com/amp/twitchy....amp/?client=ms-android-americamovil-us&espv=1

Ha ha ha ha ha! Didn't think I'd be laughing so soon. Hasn't even been sworn in yet and already waffling!

‘Amended’? Is Donald Trump backing off of his Obamacare ‘repeal’ promise?

Posted at 3:55 pm on November 11, 2016 by Sarah D.

Yet, Mr. Trump also showed a willingness to preserve at least two provisions of the health law after the president asked him to reconsider repealing it during their meeting at the White House on Thursday
Mr. Trump said he favors keeping the prohibition against insurers denying coverage because of patients’ existing conditions, and a provision that allows parents to provide years of additional coverage for children on their insurance policies

Did I call it or what?

Last edited:
Oh, you mean this?

_92390082_hi036326348.jpg

1600417_630x354.jpg

_92389381_trump_reu.jpg

donald-trump-white-house-barack-obama-hoS.png

You are a hilarious, lying douchebag. It is bizarre how you repeatedly accuse conservatives on this forum of "parroting [fill in the blank]," while using debunked bullshit from left-wing sites.

In fact, I recommend that others on this forum do what I do, and take your accusation and run it through Google. Surprise!! The exact same **** appeared 24 hours earlier on one of those rag sites like the Daily Kommunist.

I can't help it if people steel my stuff. I do understand though.

I'm actually grateful for the provision to continue covering my college age children. I shudder to think of them having to go on Obama care. That is a selfish wish though that I would be willing to give up to have the law repealed.

There are a lot of really good ideas in here. More than I've heard from any Republican in at least 20 years or a lot of establishment Democrats as well. This outsider thing just might work out for Trump if he can avoid getting pulled down by establishment Republicans. Unfortunately this also means that he will allow them to suffocate, suppress, and target specific demographics policy wise just to make some deals.

It doesn't matter

Nothing said on the stump matters

What really matters is that Hillary is finished and the Dems are out of power and they won't be getting any back for a very long time

And all 4000 of Obama's appointees will be out on the street in 70 days to be replaced with Trump people, that's what matters

https://www.google.com/amp/twitchy....amp/?client=ms-android-americamovil-us&espv=1

Ha ha ha ha ha! Didn't think I'd be laughing so soon. Hasn't even been sworn in yet and already waffling!

‘Amended’? Is Donald Trump backing off of his Obamacare ‘repeal’ promise?

Posted at 3:55 pm on November 11, 2016 by Sarah D.

Yet, Mr. Trump also showed a willingness to preserve at least two provisions of the health law after the president asked him to reconsider repealing it during their meeting at the White House on Thursday
Mr. Trump said he favors keeping the prohibition against insurers denying coverage because of patients’ existing conditions, and a provision that allows parents to provide years of additional coverage for children on their insurance policies

Did I call it or what?

Makes perfect sense. Whats your point?

Bwahahahaha ha ha ha ha!!!! I'm going to the emergency room for a busted gut today.

Some of you complain about where I source these articles. This one is from Frederick Ryan's site Politico.

Ryan is a hard core Reich winger, ball licker to Reagan for 8 years, official dusty fart sniffer to Nancy after they left office.

Move the goal posts and let the excuse making continue!

"Now with Trump in, corruption will be cleaned up!"

Bwaaaahahahaha ha ha! He is kicking it off!

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/donald-trump-business-ties-231269

Watchdogs question Trump’s plans to keep his empire in the family

Short of selling his businesses, they say, he won’t be able to reassure the American people that he’s not acting in his own interests.

By KATY O'DONNELL 11/11/16 06:25 PM EST Updated 11/12/16 10:56 AM EST

The potential conflicts of interest facing Donald Trump are so unprecedented that U.S. ethics laws weren’t even written to account for them.

President-elect Trump could hold sway over regulators’ investigations into banks that have lent his businesses hundreds of millions of dollars. He’ll be directing relations with foreign governments, such as Saudi Arabia’s, whose rulers have bought everything from real estate to a yacht from him as he struggled to pay off debts.

Watchdogs are already scoffing at Trump’s plans to turn his sprawling global empire over to his adult children, whom he also appointed to his transition team on Friday. Short of selling his businesses, they say, he won’t be able to reassure the American people that he’s not acting in his own interests.

“If he doesn’t address this problem, every single decision he makes will be questioned as a conflict of interest,” said Paul S. Ryan, vice president of policy and litigation at Common Cause. “President-elect Trump campaigned against corruption, and America deserves his making good on that promise and cleaning up government.”

Trump’s empire includes over 500 entities, with hotels, real estate and branding deals scattered across five continents. As president, he’ll be able to steer policies affecting the Trump Organization ranging from lowering corporate taxes to establishing better relations with a country where the Trump brand is expanding.

he Trump Organization is working to transfer control to Trump's children as soon as possible, a spokesperson for the Trump Organization said in an emailed statement.

“We are in the process of vetting various structures with the goal of the immediate transfer of management of The Trump Organization and its portfolio of businesses to Donald Jr., Ivanka and Eric Trump along with a team of highly skilled executives," the statement said. "This is a top priority at the Organization and the structure that is ultimately selected will comply with all applicable rules and regulations.”

Trump's representatives have called the arrangement a "blind trust."

“That’s not a blind trust, that’s a seeing trust,” said Norm Eisen, former ethics czar under President Barack Obama. “This is as intricate a government ethics problem as has ever existed, and I hope he’ll be getting a bunch of experts into a room to figure out how to deal with this.”

Trump’s transition web site, greatagain.gov, illustrates the difficulty in separating the future president from the brand that bears his name. His biography extols the “prestigious addresses” and “premier golf clubs” the mogul currently owns. “In New York City and around the world, the Trump signature is synonymous with the most prestigious addresses in the world,” it says.

“There’s no indication he feels any urgency or even any desire to address these business conflicts,” said Meredith McGehee, policy chief at Issue One and strategic adviser at Campaign Legal Center.

Still, Trump isn’t legally bound to divest himself from his businesses. It’s against the law to use public office for personal financial gain, but the president and vice president are exempt from the web of conflict-of-interest laws and regulations requiring executive-branch officials to recuse themselves on certain issues and divest from certain holdings — an exemption based on the idea that the president deals with so many policies that conflicts are bound to arise. And while the executive branch is guided by the Office of Government Ethics, Trump will appoint its director.

Previous wealthy presidents — from John F. Kennedy to the Bush family — placed their assets in a blind trust. But their wealth mostly came from domestic sources, and, in the case of the younger Bush, JFK and FDR, was largely inherited, making it easier for the president to distance himself from assets that were already tied up in trusts.

Trump still hasn’t released his tax returns, and the Trump businesses are privately owned. So a skeptical public will have little information about whether certain decisions affect the Trump Organization’s finances. McGehee said she would advise Trump to “appoint an ethics czar, right now, from the get go, whose job would be to recommend a series of policies that are meant to restore public faith. He ran, obviously, against Washington. So if he’s going to take the reins of power … [he should] have an ethics czar.”

McGehee and others say installing Trump’s adult children as caretakers doesn’t eliminate conflict questions, since he’d still know what his interests were, and he’d presumably still be in contact with his children. What’s more, foreign governments and lenders could seek favor with the president through sweetheart deals with his kids.

“Once you don’t sell the businesses — and Trump has given no indication that he’s going to do so — I don’t think he can separate himself. The idea that he’s going to have his family run the businesses and that will address his conflict-of-interest problems is a joke,” Fred Wertheimer, president of Democracy 21, said.

The potential conflicts of interest are “unprecedented,” several ethics lawyers said.

The closest parallel might be Michael Bloomberg, the billionaire former mayor of New York.

During his three terms as mayor, there was no obvious link between Bloomberg’s municipal decision making and the bottom line of his global data analytics firm.

For a President Trump, however, even incremental federal changes to taxes, immigration, labor or financial regulation could deliver a direct benefit to his real estate holdings.

In any case, Wertheimer said, Bloomberg only “had the ability to affect the policies of New York City. He didn’t have the ability to affect the policies of the United States of America.”

The biggest check on potential conflicts, according to ethics lawyers, is a clause of the Constitution that bans U.S. government officials, including the president, from accepting gifts or money from foreign governments without the consent of Congress.

If a deal between the Trump Organization and a foreign government is “extra sweet because a beneficial owner happens to be the president of the United States,” that’s a potential violation of the Constitution, Wertheimer said.

Richard Painter, former ethics counsel for George W. Bush, agreed, noting the clause applies to businesses controlled by foreign governments.

“My recommendation would be to unwind all business relationships with foreign governments and companies controlled by foreign governments, including the Bank of China,” Painter said.

Last edited:
The little snowflakes are gonna have it pounded up their *** real good - better save some of those tears!

Trump looking at fast ways to quit global climate deal

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-climatechange-accord-idUSKBN1370JX

Shouldn't be a problem. It's a treaty which has to be approved by the Senate, except for Bomma who don need no stinkin' Senate.
I've said since 2009 that this would be one of Bomma's problems, He sets a precedent of going around Congress with executive orders and bureaucratic rules, well then the next President can undo them the same way.

Just a quick prediction on Trumps presidency..I believe he will become extremely frustrated and disenchanted. and be the first president to resign due to stress and frustration of not being able to quickly implement his ideas and policies.

I feel he will quickly find out it is much more enjoyable to be a billionaire business tycoon than POTUS..

Come 2020...Pence will be HMIC..

Just one man's 2 cents...

Last edited:
Just a quick prediction on Trumps presidency..I believe he will become extremely frustrated and disenchanted. and be the first president to resign due to stress and frustration of not being able to quickly implement his ideas and policies.

I feel he will quickly find out it is much more enjoyable to be a billionaire business tycoon than POTUS..

Come 2020...Pence will be HMIC..

Just one man's 2 cents...

I don't think that he will give up so easily. I agree that there will be disenchantment for Trump. I don't think he throws in the towel though. He is stubborn as hell. I can relate to that.

Oh, you mean like he would withdraw from the Republican primaries, and then withdraw as the Republican nominee before the convention, and then withdraw during the campaign?

Resign like those other three times?

I can hear the howling of the snowflakes already

Trump to Support Nationwide Concealed Carry

National Reciprocity a Reality Under President Trump

With president-elect Donald Trump headed toward a January 20, 2017 inauguration, one thing is certain–national reciprocity for concealed carry will have a friend in the White House.

"The right of self-defense doesn’t stop at the end of your driveway. That’s why I have a concealed carry permit and why tens of millions of Americans do too. That permit should be valid in all 50 states. A driver’s license works in every state, so it’s common sense that a concealed carry permit should work in every state. If we can do that for driving – which is a privilege, not a right – then surely we can do that for concealed carry, which is a right, not a privilege." - Donald J. Trump

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/11/09/national-reciprocity-reality-president-trump/

Oh, you mean like he would withdraw from the Republican primaries, and then withdraw as the Republican nominee before the convention, and then withdraw during the campaign?

Resign like those other three times?

Time will tell...

I believe he will also be challenged with his international business affairs becoming in direct conflict of interest with his newly elected position..

I think this will ultimately answer what Trump's ultimate personal goals and desires are...

Yes I'm sure you have all your conspiracy ducks in a row. Just like the other guy with the Limbaugh post, like clockwork.

Please don't confuse me with POP. That is a horrible insult.
I worked and lived in Washington DC for ten years. I have seen first hand how it operates. I have experienced the inside the beltway mentality, and how out of touch our elected officials are. This election is a result of just how out of touch they are.
Surprise!

I worked and lived in Washington DC for ten years. I have seen first hand how it operates. I have experienced the inside the beltway mentality, and how out of touch our elected officials are. This election is a result of just how out of touch they are.
Surprise!

Seems to have rubbed off on you too.

a guy riding in a gold plated elevator promises to stick it to the establishment
trumpfarage.jpg

yeah, he NEVER was connected....not with his deals with banks, local pols, or the Mob.

definitely anti - establishment.

yeah, he NEVER was connected....not with his deals with banks, local pols, or the Mob.

definitely anti - establishment.

The Left hated him.
The Republican establishment hated him.
The Press hated him.
Saturday Night Live hated him.

And hey, if he can negotiate with the likes of Banks,Local Pols, and the Mob, I want him on my side.

lol.....riiiiiight.

the left hated him, I'll give ya that.

btw, you just described Bad Vlad.

lol.....riiiiiight.

the left hated him, I'll give ya that.

btw, you just described Bad Vlad.

Give the guy a chance. He hasn't been inaugorated yet and is already taking criticism. Just life of the leader of the free world

like SN gave B-Rock?

sorry MTC, but all I
am seeing being discussed for Cabinet positions are the same 'ol tired Republican hacks or their picked progeny.

this whole election has been one big psy-op.

and no one likes to admit they been had.

again.

Last edited:
Reactions: MTC
like SN gave B-Rock?

sorry MTC, but all I
am seeing being discussed for Cabinet positions are the same 'ol tired Republican hacks or their picked progeny.

this whole election has been one big psy-op.

and no one likes to admit they been had.

again.

Obama put this country in more debt. That's where his backlash is coming from. Not to mention Obamacare which made us pay more for insurance. Stuff like Obamacare only works if a lot more people worked, when it comes to taxes you get what you put in. And let's be honest there are a lot of americans who cannot get a job either cause a.)unqualified due to education, monetary reasons b.) just flat out lazy. Those are the ones who take but don't give.

If Trump holds true, a lot of jobs lost overseas should come back. More infrastructure/construction jobs should also be created. So I'm remaining optimistic

ha ha

GET THE **** OUT

Alabama mayor creates GoFundMe to send anti-Trump celebrities to Mexico

An Alabama mayor has a message for celebrities who pledged to leave the U.S. if Donald Trump was elected president: Don't let the screen door hit you on the way out.

Orange Beach Mayor Tony Kennon posted a message on his Facebook page announcing the creation of a GoFundMe page to raise money to purchase bus tickets for "celebrities, athletes and other high-minded elitists who are traumatized by the new Trump era."

"Let us not forget those who promised to leave the country if Trump won," Kennon said on his Facebook page. "For us loving and sensitive Trump supporters, it is imperative that we help those downtrodden, multi-millionaire Hillary supporters find a better quality of life in Mexico or any other third world country for that matter and in the process help them gain a little perspective of reality instead of their worthless hyperbole."

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/11/alabama_mayor_creates_gofundme.html#incart_river_home_pop

Start here - he can't possibly do ALL that and he shouldn't even try. If he wants to have any modicum of success he needs to focus on things he "may" be able to succeed at. So, isolate and focus...

FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;

but make sure you also extend that to the Senate. That will probably do more to fix American government than anything else you could possibly do combined.

FYI, Wig :

Congress = House of Reps + Senate. Bicameral legislation.
He wants terms limits on ALL government elected offices. I believe he even mentioned putting limits on the Supreme Court Justices, too.
I don't feel his lobbyist proposal goes far enough either.
Of course, it he or someone else would implement a flat tax, there wouldn't be any lobbyists.