• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump's speech at the UN. Excellent

still waiting on Tibs to give his OWN opinion - and not one intertwined with other ridiculous bullshit - on how this speech was awful.

he stood up for America
he called out regimes which sponsor terrorism
he applauded efforts to help people in need

yes, truly an awful goddamn speech.

Come on Supe. He called a communist dictator "rocket man" and threatened to obliterate his country. No matter how you slice it, that's mean.

Of course China didn't like the speech.

I thought is was good. There were parts I really liked and others not to much.

I do find it extremely hypocritical that all these so called "experts" and past leaders in the U.S. are criticizing his handling of North Korea when it was their lack of success diplomatically that got us to this point in the first place. I mean you have no idea how many ex-diplomats from Obama and Bush administrations are on NPR and making the new media rounds criticizing Trump and his tone with North Korea. And that goes for Clinton, Kerry and Obama too. They failed on North Korea. FAILED. So their criticism means nothing to me.

Whether Trump's plan works or not, I'm not sure but I am willing to see it through. I mean, there isn't a good solution but you have to rattle the Russia - North Korea and China - North Korea alliances (if you want to call them that). If that means threatening all out war to physically topple that regime, depose/kill Kim Jung Un, and say without hesitation that we will re-unite North Korea with South Korea, so be it. That has to wake up China a little bit.

Would thousands die? Yes. But I wonder how far China is willing to go against us head-to-head. I just don't think it's the same world wide environment that led to the stalemate in the 1950's.

All it will take at this point is North Korea killing people with one of their rockets. Once that happens, all bets are off and I think we'd get a majority of international support to take action. And we'd get a LOT of support from Japan and South Korea if that happens. Europe would have to decide but the NATO alliance kind of binds them to us. Is China really going to pour troops into Korea to support Kim Jung Un against that type of world unification? Really?

In all honesty, it has to be South Korea's decision. They have the most at stake. It will be their army and military 100% committed to winning. It will be them that sustains the most losses of any allied invasion.

Let Rocket Man keep acting crazy. But he (and China) need to realize our military is 100% ready to unleash hell if Japan and South Korea say "go".

Reactions: BAS
Of course China didn't like the speech.

I thought is was good. There were parts I really liked and others not to much.

I do find it extremely hypocritical that all these so called "experts" and past leaders in the U.S. are criticizing his handling of North Korea when it was their lack of success diplomatically that got us to this point in the first place. I mean you have no idea how many ex-diplomats from Obama and Bush administrations are on NPR and making the new media rounds criticizing Trump and his tone with North Korea. And that goes for Clinton, Kerry and Obama too. They failed on North Korea. FAILED. So their criticism means nothing to me.

Whether Trump's plan works or not, I'm not sure but I am willing to see it through. I mean, there isn't a good solution but you have to rattle the Russia - North Korea and China - North Korea alliances (if you want to call them that). If that means threatening all out war to physically topple that regime, depose/kill Kim Jung Un, and say without hesitation that we will re-unite North Korea with South Korea, so be it. That has to wake up China a little bit.

Would thousands die? Yes. But I wonder how far China is willing to go against us head-to-head. I just don't think it's the same world wide environment that led to the stalemate in the 1950's.

All it will take at this point is North Korea killing people with one of their rockets. Once that happens, all bets are off and I think we'd get a majority of international support to take action. And we'd get a LOT of support from Japan and South Korea if that happens. Europe would have to decide but the NATO alliance kind of binds them to us. Is China really going to pour troops into Korea to support Kim Jung Un against that type of world unification? Really?

In all honesty, it has to be South Korea's decision. They have the most at stake. It will be their army and military 100% committed to winning. It will be them that sustains the most losses of any allied invasion.

Let Rocket Man keep acting crazy. But he (and China) need to realize our military is 100% ready to unleash hell if Japan and South Korea say "go".

Pretty much the case. Japan has been sounding air raid sirens with every "missile test" that North Korea has shoots across their country.

You would think that the leadership in Japan and South Korea would both already be petitioning the UN and global community to do something about North Korea now rather than later.

still waiting on Tibs to give his OWN opinion - and not one intertwined with other ridiculous bullshit - on how this speech was awful.

he stood up for America
he called out regimes which sponsor terrorism
he applauded efforts to help people in need

yes, truly an awful goddamn speech.

Maybe you can find it in here...and find yourself as well.

And so the most powerful country in the world has handed over all its affairs—the prosperity of its entire economy; the security of its 300 million citizens; the purity of its water, the viability of its air, the safety of its food; the future of its vast system of education; the soundness of its national highways, airways, and railways; the apocalyptic potential of its nuclear arsenal—to a carnival barker who introduced the phrase grab ’em by the ***** into the national lexicon. It is as if the white tribe united in demonstration to say, “If a black man can be president, then any white man—no matter how fallen—can be president.”---Ta-nehisi Coates

delz hits it.

had the previous administrations been more heavy-handed in how they dealt with the norks, we'd not be in such a dire position. Now, these ******* have nukes. Mind you, it takes a bit more than 8 months to develop nuclear technology, so this is NOT on Trump. The norks having nukes is a direct product of the previous POTUSes sitting on their hands and essentially doing nothing.

the problem with the norks having nukes isn't that they'll shoot a missile to the continental United States. it's that they're also developing smaller products. Which can then be sold to terrorists and THOSE can be detonated in large metropolitan cities. I'd be quite surprised if the norks didnt sell to terrorist factions if they knew the terrorist factions intended to detonate inside our country.

so, yes, Trump must clean up the mess in NK while all the lame duck administrations prior wail and cry about how he's going against the grain that they so willingly went with.

Tibtard and Twattie confirm their anti-American stance on a regular basis. Their hate for America is flagrant, blatant and crystal clear. They are no better than terrorists. In fact, they should be on the terrorist watch list.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Tibtard and Twattie confirm their anti-American stance on a regular basis. Their hate for America is flagrant, blatant and crystal clear. They are no better than terrorists. In fact, they should be on the terrorist watch list.

jh9k6wh7yaky.gif

I see lil' Indy is having another hissy fit. Shut your trap and speak only when spoken to. Now go to your room, it's time for a nappy nap.

See, Tibtard doesn't even deny it anymore because it's so obvious. And stating fact is not throwing a hissy fit. You're the expert at that. *****.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

I see lil' Indy is having another hissy fit. Shut your trap and speak only when spoken to. Now go to your room, it's time for a nappy nap.

so tibs has become even more like eftard.....no discussion, no original thoughts, just lame memes and quotes from others.....

so tibs has become even more like eftard.....no discussion, no original thoughts, just lame memes and quotes from others.....
Damn you sound like a broken record. Needed to make sure you chime in so Indy feels you've got his back? Got it. Warm fuzzies all around for the Trump faction.

I would like to hear someone say something like "When he said ________ it was prove wrong." Not just "He sounds like a nazi."

But, this is modern America, so it probably won't happen

Damn you sound like a broken record. Needed to make sure you chime in so Indy feels you've got his back? Got it. Warm fuzzies all around for the Trump faction.

no a broken record wouldn't have reminded everyone about you hiding behind a wall crying about President Trump wanting to build a wall.....

still no original thoughts in your posts.....

Breaking News Alert!

Liberals find a Presidential candidate for 2020!

Lib Icon Valerie Plame Tweets Article “America’s Jews Are Driving America’s Wars”

Valerie Plame Wilson, the former CIA agent at the center of a Bush administration faux scandal about the Iraq war that made her a cause célèbre for liberals, tweeted a virulent anti-Semitic article titled, “America’s Jews Are Driving America’s Wars”, that calls for Jews to be labeled on TV like a “warning label on a bottle of rat poison.”

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...mericas-wars-says-label-jews-like-rat-poison/

Breaking News Alert!

Liberals find a Presidential candidate for 2020!

Lib Icon Valerie Plame Tweets Article “America’s Jews Are Driving America’s Wars”

Valerie Plame Wilson, the former CIA agent at the center of a Bush administration faux scandal about the Iraq war that made her a cause célèbre for liberals, tweeted a virulent anti-Semitic article titled, “America’s Jews Are Driving America’s Wars”, that calls for Jews to be labeled on TV like a “warning label on a bottle of rat poison.”

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...mericas-wars-says-label-jews-like-rat-poison/

Has to be fake news. Everyone knows Trump is the nazi

I would like to hear someone say something like "When he said ________ it was prove wrong." Not just "He sounds like a nazi."

But, this is modern America, so it probably won't happen

I asked that earlier. Tibs responded with something that had no bearing on the subject.
Tibs won't put his own thoughts out there.

I asked that earlier. Tibs responded with something that had no bearing on the subject.

I don't want to make this a Tibs issue because I really don't follow those posts well enough, but it seems that the new power of the left is hate. They are just right, so hate makes it all work. The more you hate, the more enlightened you are.

That's ******* rich. Now you guys want to hear my thoughts. I've spent years on this board writing mini-dissertations, endless paragraphs with "my thoughts' only to be constantly hounded and harassed for my so-called liberal views. In this very thread I'm called anti-American and a terrorist sympathizer. None of that bothers anyone. Now something pops up and you want my take on it. Like I gotta get up on stage and perform for you. I don't give two ***** what you guys want me to do. If I feel like posting endless memes and articles like Spike does 24/7 then that's what I'll do. If I feel like responding to something, then I will. If I don't jump in and answer some stupid question, so what? I'm not here to answer to any of you. In fact, you can kiss my ***. You guys act like a bunch of ******** then expect me to sit here and respond in kind. **** you guys. Always a pleasure, this board.

That's ******* rich. Now you guys want to hear my thoughts. I've spent years on this board writing mini-dissertations, endless paragraphs with "my thoughts' only to be constantly hounded and harassed for my so-called liberal views. In this very thread I'm called anti-American and a terrorist sympathizer. None of that bothers anyone. Now something pops up and you want my take on it. Like I gotta get up on stage and perform for you. I don't give two ***** what you guys want me to do. If I feel like posting endless memes and articles like Spike does 24/7 then that's what I'll do. If I feel like responding to something, then I will. If I don't jump in and answer some stupid question, so what? I'm not here to answer to any of you. In fact, you can kiss my ***. You guys act like a bunch of ******** then expect me to sit here and respond in kind. **** you guys. Always a pleasure, this board.

So, no?

No what?

I would like to hear someone say something like "When he said ________ it was prove wrong." Not just "He sounds like a nazi." But, this is modern America, so it probably won't happen

What kind of question is that? Who said he sounds like a Nazi? Who is this even directed to?

If you really want to know why Trump's UN speech was so problematic, open your browser and start reading up on it. You guys live in some bizarre right wing bubble where the slightest criticism of Trump on this board is met with shock and horror.

No what?

What kind of question is that? Who said he sounds like a Nazi? Who is this even directed to?

If you really want to know why Trump's UN speech was so problematic, open your browser and start reading up on it. You guys live in some bizarre right wing bubble where the slightest criticism of Trump on this board is met with shock and horror.

Look Tibs, I didn't direct this at you necessarily, and I said that. I really don't waste much time on politics anymore, so I am sure I missed all your posts. But, the reality is that the hate for all things Trump looks just like the hate for all things Obama, just from a different crowd. (Kind of why I don't pay attention to politics much.)

I decided to look at the speech yesterday and liked it. I really don't know why it is objectionable to some. I have read a few things on FB and email (I still get emails from left and right leanning groups).

I don't see much substance in political talk of late, and would like to. I see hate and condescending talk. That was the point of my post.

I'm rolling...this is awesome if you read it in a Joe Pesci voice. I don't agree with your politics Tibs, but this was a pretty awesome response.

oh, hardly. I've told you to let that **** roll off your back, but you can't. And while you only get that **** here on this small portion of the internet, our POTUS gets that and much, much more 24/7. So let that sink in a bit. You cannot handle this, but expect the POTUS to be able to withstand non-stop volleys and endless insults to not only himself, but his wife, minor child and grown children.

I asked what part of the ******* speech you did not agree with. Not your entire take on Donald Trump and his administration. I fully ******* know you cannot stand that he's POTUS, nor will you accept it. I fully ******* know you wanted someone other than him. But, the clowns running in opposition proved to be less well-received than he was. Thus, he IS the POTUS and he IS your President, like it or not. I didn't much give a **** about Obama's policies, but I sure didn't attack the ****** every ******* day for 8 goddamn years.

So, what part of this speech did you not like, Tibs?

I decided to look at the speech yesterday and liked it. I really don't know why it is objectionable to some.
I don't think Trump really knows much about anything he's talking about. Regardless, when he speaks he's preaching to the peanut gallery, trying to please his base. That's the one constant with Trump. If indeed this is his vision of foreign policy it is definitely a departure from American policy stretching back for decades. He's basically saying all countries should pull back and fend for themselves. I know his supporters love that idea, and not surprisingly, Putin loves that idea as well. I also found his remarks about 'destroying' North Korea a dumb, immature comment, something you'd hear in a bar after a few rounds. Completely destroying North Korea would also impact hundreds of thousands if not millions of our allies in Japan and South Korea, not to speak of the 30,000+ US servicemen stationed there. Schoolyard bully talk, not fit for a US president. But that's nothing new, nor is it a surprise it was well received by the MAGA redhats.

This is a good run-down on the speech, from right, left and center. I presume you'll agree with the opinions from the right. I agree with the ones from the center and the left. >
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/20/us/politics/trump-un-speech-right-and-left.html?mcubz=3

Last edited:
Regardless, when he speaks he's preaching to the peanut gallery, trying to please his base. That's the one constant with Trump.

Can you please name a POTUS or politician that does NOT do this? Your beloved Black Jesus did this every time he spoke. Hillary did it. Bill did it. Bush did it. Why the outrage...NOW?

If indeed this is his vision of foreign policy it is definitely a departure from American policy stretching back for decades. He's basically saying all countries should pull back and fend for themselves. I know his supporters love that idea, and not surprisingly, Putin loves that idea as well.

One of the reasons Trump's positions were so accepted by so many Americans is so many Americans are fed up with seeing our own homeless, our poor, our veterans poorly treated while we foot the bill for the defense of the entire world. I take care of my family and my home first, before helping others. America needs to fend for itself first, as best it can, and not be expected to turn its back on its own to be the military and defense force for the world. I have zero problem whatsoever with and fully support Trump and the United States demanding members of the UN fulfill their own obligations and roles. Nothing at all wrong with it.

"But his base undoubtedly welcomed his assertion that the rogue states menacing America’s and world stability were “going to hell,” and that America was being “taken advantage of” in paying 22 percent of the UN’s expenses. He highlighted the hypocrisy of the appointment of some of the world’s worst human rights abusers to the UN’s human rights council. While praising Jordan, Turkey, and Lebanon for caring for “horribly treated” Syrian refugees, he suggested that America would take few more of them. For the cost of settling one refugee in the U.S., he said, ten refugees could be resettled closer to home." -- bingo. We pay 22% of the UN's expenses. No more, I hope. And he's dead on about the refugees in my opinion. And he called out the UN for its hypocrisies. GOOD.

I also found his remarks about 'destroying' North Korea a dumb, immature comment, something you'd hear in a bar after a few rounds. Completely destroying North Korea would also impact hundreds of thousands if not millions of our allies in Japan and South Korean, not to speak of the 30,000+ US servicemen stationed there. Schoolyard bully talk, not fit for a US president. But that's nothing new, nor is it a surprise it was well received by the MAGA redhats.

I'm not always a fan of his delivery personally. He could use some etiquette in his speeches. But the message? I'll take the chest puffing and meaning it over Obama's red line in the sand that means absolutely ******* nothing while death and destruction is the result of his apathy ANY DAY.

I don't think Trump really knows much about anything he's talking about. Regardless, when he speaks he's preaching to the peanut gallery, trying to please his base. That's the one constant with Trump. If indeed this is his vision of foreign policy it is definitely a departure from American policy stretching back for decades. He's basically saying all countries should pull back and fend for themselves. I know his supporters love that idea, and not surprisingly, Putin loves that idea as well. I also found his remarks about 'destroying' North Korea a dumb, immature comment, something you'd hear in a bar after a few rounds. Completely destroying North Korea would also impact hundreds of thousands if not millions of our allies in Japan and South Korea, not to speak of the 30,000+ US servicemen stationed there. Schoolyard bully talk, not fit for a US president. But that's nothing new, nor is it a surprise it was well received by the MAGA redhats.

This is a good run-down on the speech, from right, left and center. I presume you'll agree with the opinions from the right. I agree with the ones from the center and the left. >
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/20/us/politics/trump-un-speech-right-and-left.html?mcubz=3

Thanks. I liked the message to NoKo that they will lose if they try to hit us. Seems like a basic concept to me. I also liked the challenge for governments to take care of themselves over globalism.

Also, to me, all politicians speak to their base. That's why their base supports them. I also welcome the departure from the golbalist views of the Bush/Clinton/Obama crowd. That's just me.