• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump's VP canidates

He was still running for president when that was quoted. Of course he would say that. Try to keep it current.
I'm sorry, I forgot Republicans never tell the truth when running for office (or not). So yes, I guess he'd still be in contention. My bad.

For the record, this is from May 5th, hope that's 'current' enough for you:

Despite speculation that the businessman would choose the Ohio lawmaker, Trump said May 5 on CNBC that Kasich was “unlikely” to be his vice presidential pick.

“I’ve had a good relationship with him and, you know, I really got along with him pretty well,” Trump said. “I would say probably it’s unlikely that it will be John. I’m not sure that John even wants it. But I think it is unlikely that it will be John. You know I do have a good view of him and I do have a good opinion of him, but I think it’s probably unlikely.”

Prior to Kasich suspending his campaign, his staff dismissed the notion of the governor taking the slot.

“Never,” said Kasich spokesman Chris Schrimpf, told The New York Times. “No chance.”
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/what-trumps-potential-vice-presidential-picks-are-saying

Last edited:
LOL @ the implication that ONLY Republicans lie.

L.M.G.D.F.A.O.

I'm sorry, I forgot Republicans never tell the truth when running for office (or not). So yes, I guess he'd still be in contention. My bad.

For the record, this is from May 5th, hope that's 'current' enough for you:
Now you're bolding another quote from when he was still running for president.

LOL @ the implication that ONLY Republicans lie. L.M.G.D.F.A.O.
You're right, that's why I've hitched my cart to the candidate who's far and away the most trustworthy, decent and forthright. You can hate Bernie's political views and economic proposals, but he's as honest as they come. As long as he's in the race, he'll have my full support. It's also telling how Republicans have closed ranks behind a serial liar and professional deceiver and have had no problem doing so. That's true for the conservatives that have sold their souls by backing the fraudulent Trumpster.

Last edited:
How many times do I have to state the fact that Democrats lie better than the Republicans tell the truth. That's the only reason Odumma served 2 terms and Hilldog is even still in this race.

You're right, that's why I've hitched my cart to the candidate who's far and away the most trustworthy, decent and forthright. You can hate Bernie's political views and economic proposals, but he's as honest as they come. As long as he's in the race, he'll have my full support. It's also telling how Republicans have closed ranks behind a serial liar and professional deceiver and have had no problem doing so. That's true for the conservatives that have sold their souls by backing the fraudulent Trumpster.
Bernie may very well be the most honest and trustworthy.
I can't support his economic views.
Nor can I support ANYTHING Hillary, other than incarceration.
I can support Trump, as he's not a career politician and does seem to care about the country and it's citizens.
I voted GJ last election.

Trump hints that Fallin and Brewer on VP short list

Donald Trump said on Wednesday that former Ariz. Gov. Jan Brewer and Okla. Gov. Mary Fallin are both on his shortlist for running mate.

In an interview with Fox News’ “On the Record,” the GOP presumptive nominee was asked about Brewer saying that Fallin was on the list.

“Well also Jan. Jan Brewer has been fantastic,” he said. “She has been so fantastic. You know I won so big, her territory, we won so big. And she is a fabulous woman. And I agree with you, the governor of Oklahoma -- fabulous person.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...-trump-says-fallin-and-brewer-on-vp-shortlist

--------------------

6a00d8341c630a53ef014e861571e1970d-450wi

Mary

448e965708983f058a3fac55cbb2e8d4_400x400.jpeg

Jan

Last edited:
Trump hints that Fallin and Brewer on VP short list

Donald Trump said on Wednesday that former Ariz. Gov. Jan Brewer and Okla. Gov. Mary Fallin are both on his shortlist for running mate.

In an interview with Fox News’ “On the Record,” the GOP presumptive nominee was asked about Brewer saying that Fallin was on the list.

“Well also Jan. Jan Brewer has been fantastic,” he said. “She has been so fantastic. You know I won so big, her territory, we won so big. And she is a fabulous woman. And I agree with you, the governor of Oklahoma -- fabulous person.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...-trump-says-fallin-and-brewer-on-vp-shortlist

--------------------

6a00d8341c630a53ef014e861571e1970d-450wi

Mary

448e965708983f058a3fac55cbb2e8d4_400x400.jpeg

Jan

Hit, hit

Yup, Trump and Hillary, two cheeks of the same ***.

And Bernie is the puckered stink hole right in the middle of them.

Last edited:
Hope this is just a smoke screen, because those 2 bring nothing to the ticket.

And again, Brewer is conservative, but when she speaks all you get is Ah....Um....

Huck might be angling for VP

Huckabee argued in Trump's defense it's "an invasion of privacy" for presidential candidates to release their tax returns, writing, "The qualifications for the Presidency are clear-cut, and there are specific financial disclosure forms you must file. But no law requires a candidate to release his or her personal tax forms."

Here's a name I haven't heard mentioned.

Mia Love- Congress woman from Utah.

She will bring in women vote...at least those with common sense, and she will appeal to blacks. And she doesn't take any **** from anyone.

It also would shut a lot of people up about him being a racist.

Another choice is Gingrich. No one is better at the details then he.

Tim Scott from SC is a good choice. or Jeff Sessions.

Gingrich would be a good choice for the base of the party and for helping him with the ins and outs of Washington but as far as helping win some of the swing states, I just don't see it.

Gingrich looks like Benny Hill. I can't get past that. Could you imagine the late night TV jokes about THAT combo? (Trump-Benny Hill?)

Newt's a good guy but he's tired and played out. Stick him in a cabinet position. Trump needs a running mate that's fresh and exciting.