• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

U.S. House passes healthcare bill in big win for Trump

You are incorrect in cause-and-effect. Specifically, several nations with a greater life expectancy than the United States currently feature diets which place much greater emphasis on fish and fish oil, which are proven to lessen heart disease and cardiac death. Japan is the best example.

Other developed nations with greater life expectancy - Canada and Australia, most notably - have very small populations with extremely limited immigration. The United States has millions of immigrants, the majority illegal, who have not had childhood immunizations, have re-introduced tuberculosis into the United States, and reduce life expectancy significantly.

It is an undeniable mathematical statement that smaller, homogenous populations in the developed world, and with little immigration, will have greater life expectancies. The United States is neither small nor immune from immigration.

We lead the world in obesity, which is a big reason our life expectancy is lower. Also a big reason why we spend so much treating chronic obesity related conditions.

Life expectancy is a skewed figure anyway, as the US counts premature babies who are born alive and die soon after as births and deaths, whereas many other countries count them as stillbirths or don't count them at all. We keep babies alive that would never survive in other countries, which is also expensive.

We also lead the world in medical innovation and have far greater long term survival rates for many diseases. You are much more likely to survive cancer, heart disease or stroke if you live in the US than in most other countries. We lead the world in pharmaceutical and biotech research and development. Our healthcare is expensive because it's top of the line. But there are ways to bring down costs without hurting medical innovation.

Life expectancy is a meaningless statistic in terms of the quality of healthcare.

Murder and crime is a huge reason for life expectancy in the U.S. being lower than other nations. Not health care.

The U.S. murder rate is I think third-highest in the world, but if you subtract the murders in the Democrat-run cities of Chicago, Detroit, Memphis, Los Angeles, and New Orleans then we drop to #92.

Canada and Australia are two of the highest immigration nations. Over the years they have had many programs to incentivize immigration based on the need for workers.
In some parts of Australia there are so many Asians you'd think you were in an Asian country.

The US is the poster child for why free markets don't work with healthcare. We have lower life expectancy
at twice the price than many advanced countries with single payer.

And its killing businesses and costing jobs. Buffett has it right, when he says its not taxes but healthcare that's hurting
business in the US. A family of 4 plan at my company cost 20K per year. One person at my company makes 40K and the
cost for her health plan is 20K.

We will have single payer when more businesses drop coverage for employees. It's just a matter of time.

Fine, then tell the Dems to come down in favor of tort reform. Malpractice insurance is a big driver of high medical costs.

Canada and Australia are two of the highest immigration nations. Over the years they have had many programs to incentivize immigration based on the need for workers.
In some parts of Australia there are so many Asians you'd think you were in an Asian country.

You are just being obtuse. AUSTRALIA AND CANADA DO NOT HAVE MILLIONS WALKING INTO THEIR ******* COUNTRY.

For **** sake, I specifically noted that the medical issues - TB, lack of childhood immunization - are related solely to illegal immigrants, since legal immigrants are REQUIRED TO PROVE THEY ARE NOT BRINGING A ******* DISEASE INTO OUR COUNTRY!!!

For **** sake, 21, argue the actual issues, not some idiotic belief that ******* Australia has 12 million ILLEGAL ******* IMMIGRANTS.

Big win? How could the major players oppose that bill?

In Rare Unity, Hospitals, Doctors and Insurers Criticize Health Bill

The New York Times
By REED ABELSON and KATIE THOMAS 5/7/2017

It is a rare unifying moment. Hospitals, doctors, health insurers and some consumer groups, with few exceptions, are speaking with one voice and urging significant changes to the Republican health care legislation that passed the House on Thursday.

https://jackpineradicals.com/boards...s-doctors-and-insurers-criticize-health-bill/

I'm presuming we'll want to discuss what a fantastic health care bill the GOP/Trump has come up with.

19417297_2015556411997896_8090595625645744665_o.jpg

I'm presuming we'll want to discuss what a fantastic health care bill the GOP/Trump has come up with.

19417297_2015556411997896_8090595625645744665_o.jpg

Ehhh, not quite:

The cost of medical insurance and spending would decline significantly, and the number of uninsured would increase due to people deciding not to buy health insurance, since they would not be taxed for that decision.

So people who want to be covered are covered, spending goes down by $37 billion, and the crushing Medicare debt is brought back under control.

A perfect plan? No.

A plan with some spending issues? Yes.

A plan that will "kill Americans" and "drive up premiums" and "cost more for premiums"? ******* NO.

This is why Donald Trump is selected to take the president. The regime needs a clown to reign this country. Let him do something others unwilling to do. I think something big could happen. Dollar may collapse. Rich people squeeze poor in tax reform, rip them in Health care. That's why Trump - an unqualified person won the election.

This is why Donald Trump is selected to take the president. The regime needs a clown to reign this country. Let him do something others unwilling to do. I think something big could happen. Dollar may collapse. Rich people squeeze poor in tax reform, rip them in Health care. That's why Trump - an unqualified person won the election.

What country are you in? Talkingoutyourassland? Pickle bark tree turnip by the monkey trying to **** a football

Hopefully they can get this tweaked enough to get the 3 or so votes needed to get this through.

Hearing they want an up or down vote by Thursday?

I do get a kick out of the AARP ads taking about the age factor and how this bill will sky rocket costs for those over 55. The real question I have is how much money do you stand to lose AARP?

It's all about the money!

I think both bills are poor. Obama care favors poor people without jobs. Not only do working people pay for those people they get penalized of they do not have insurance. I can not afford insurance, but yet you want me to help fund some druggies /rapist / pedophiles health care...Screw that. Not only that, but these people get basically top notch care no deductibles everything free, etc etc. An "affordable plan" would cost me at least a couple hundred dollars a month and a $1500 to $2500 deductible. The whole system is crooked.

As for the new bill it seems to be marginally better, but i think it is sad that is the best they could have came up with.

People act like the health care bill is the be-all, end-all of health insurance in this country.

They need to remember that the whole Obamacare concept (and now it's revision) is needed because liberal and anti-economic policies have created a huge "employed" populace that no longer participate in the traditional employer-employee healthcare plans, which a vast majority of working Americans still participate in.

These bills don't affect us at all (or very little). My health care at work has not changed much at all (other than because insurance companies are just slime balls) during all this stuff with Obamacare. And most people here are probably in the same boat.

This health care bill have evolved into a correction needed because liberal policies have continued to make it easier to employ part-time employees and continued to destroy small-to-medium businesses. Too many Americans are now "self employed" or "freelance" or pretty much doing nothing but part-time jobs to get by. They don't have insurance and the whole process of buying private health care has gotten out of hand to them, even if they don't realize how much employers are really spending to make employee health care affordable for their employees. You take that contribution out of the equation, of course private health care is expensive. Only an idiot would expect to buy health care privately for the same price I pay at work without considering what my employer is pitching in.

Of course, the liberals have now decided the way to fix the part-time economy their policies created was to provide a government payed for health care plan for them and now pushing a $15/hour minimum wage. But those things aren't going to fix the economy.

People need to work MORE. People need to develop skills and long-term careers for small-mid-big businesses or start companies that actually HIRE people and offer health coverage. We continue to falsely promise our youth that they don't have to work until 25. We continue to accept "searching for themselves". We constantly accept college majors that don't mean anything.

This health care bill, just like Obamacare before it, is a band aid on a much bigger problem of how our economy creates skills in young adults to be PRODUCTIVE individuals.

It should have repealed it completely and gone back to before Obamacare.

The big issue with the penalties is, if you force the insurance companies to provide coverage for everyone regardless of pre-conditions, you MUST require everyone to purchase insurance. If you don't, the only people who buy the policies are those with pre-existing conditions and no one can afford the premiums.

Obama care has a luxury tax for companies with really good insurance. The company I'm at downgraded its health insurance a bit to avoid it.

The problem here is health insurance is very complicated and no one size fits all. A system where the person pays the doctor, not an insurance company might be better in many cases.

What tastes better, Siamese or Bichon Frise?

Obama care has a luxury tax for companies with really good insurance. The company I'm at downgraded its health insurance a bit to avoid it.

Your's wasn't the only one. The mantra is, apparently, "we want everyone to have good insurance coverage but not 'too good'". Just another way to "tax the rich" to bring them down a peg.

my health insurance last year wasn't affected. It went up, as it does annually, but coverage remained the same. I mean, I also got gynocologist coverage while the women I worked with got coverage for testicular cancer.

My deductible was $500.

We also have something called "Gap Insurance" - which no one knows how to ******* use as the directions the insurance company sent are rather disjointed.

This year, my deductible increased to $5000 and my monthly cost doubled. We also lost ambulatory care. So if I get in the need for an ambulance, I have to walk or find a way to the hospital. Does UBER cover that?

Last edited: