• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

UCSB shooting

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Spike sells slave girls at a nice clip, too.

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score
“I was giving the female gender one last chance to provide me with the pleasures I deserved from them,” he later wrote in a 137-page manifesto.

Sounds like we need a war on the entitled mindset.

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
That damn affluenza bug. Everyone knows the suitable case for treatment is at least 4 months of massage therapy, spa's and hookers.

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
This kid had been seeing therapists since he was 8. He obviously had mental problems. They apparently were for a variety of reasons and not just his relations with girls.
So he was seeing therapists for like 14 years and he passes background checks to acquire 3 handguns. No gun control problem there obviously.

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
This kid had been seeing therapists since he was 8. He obviously had mental problems. They apparently were for a variety of reasons and not just his relations with girls.
So he was seeing therapists for like 14 years and he passes background checks to acquire 3 handguns. No gun control problem there obviously.

ark steel

Reaction score

Doesn't CA have some of the strictest gun control legislation in the country?

Vader

Reaction score

Do you know he bought the guns? I haven't seen that. Also are you in favor of opening up private medical records to law enforcement without a warrant?

ark steel

Reaction score

Doesn't CA have some of the strictest gun control legislation in the country?

Vader

Reaction score
Just read an article that said he bought the guns legally. What law would have prevented this? I get sick of people talking about gun control laws but won't say specifically what law they want. Please tell me the law that would have prevented it.

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score

Not a knife control problem too? Perhaps a mental health check before you buy anything sharp? Or maybe, if you're crazy enough to not be trusted around weapons you should be locked in an asylum?

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
No gun control measure would have prevented this, once again. He had no criminal record, no history of violence or threats. On what basis would he be denied a gun? "He saw therapists"? That would disqualify a lot of people, even a lot of law enforcement and military.

Lanza got his guns from his mother. The Columbine shooters were too young to legally buy guns so they had a friend do it for them.

People who want to kill find a way to do it.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
No gun control measure would have prevented this, once again. He had no criminal record, no history of violence or threats. On what basis would he be denied a gun? "He saw therapists"? That would disqualify a lot of people, even a lot of law enforcement and military.

Lanza got his guns from his mother. The Columbine shooters were too young to legally buy guns so they had a friend do it for them.

People who want to kill find a way to do it.

Correction:
Lanza killed his mother and stole her guns.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
And, until someone shows me a realistic way to keep guns from criminals during this "mass confiscation" that they get all excited about, I will continue to fight it.

This kid's problem wasn't gun ownership, but mental illness, manifested by a supreme sense of entitlement to pleasure. Guns, knives, car, navel lint - he would have killed with anything.

There are actually murders in countries without guns, you know.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm all for the gun confiscation thing.

Start with the ghettos and work your way out into the sticks.

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
The whole gun/knife analysis is pretty silly anyone knows you can kill a lot more people in a short period of time with a gun rather than a knife.

I would support gun laws that keep guns out of the hands of people who have had mental therapy within 5 years of trying to buy a gun.

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
The whole gun/knife analysis is pretty silly anyone knows you can kill a lot more people in a short period of time with a gun rather than a knife.

I would support gun laws that keep guns out of the hands of people who have had mental therapy within 5 years of trying to buy a gun.

Vader

Reaction score

You can't even figure out how to post without double posting. Also, again you didn't answer the question. Should private medical records be give over to government data collections? Don't you think medical records should be private? Do you even know what HIPAA is?

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score

You can kill a whole lot more people with a bomb than a gun. Should we ban fertilizer? Pressure cookers? You don't seem to grasp, this guy planned this for months. What in the world makes you think that if he couldn't legally get his hands on a gun, he would have simply abandoned the whole idea? Don't you think he would have found some other way to kill people?

Any kind of mental therapy? Grief counseling? OCD treatment? ADHD treatment? Anxiety disorders? Are you saying any mental condition, or only the dangerous ones? And which ones are those? Who decides?

Wouldn't your idea discourage people from seeking therapy? Is that a good thing?

ark steel

Reaction score
I'm all for the gun confiscation thing.

Start with the ghettos and work your way out into the sticks.

You will need the ones you get in the ghettos to take the ones in the sticks.

ark steel

Reaction score
Any kind of mental therapy? Grief counseling? OCD treatment? ADHD treatment? Anxiety disorders? Are you saying any mental condition, or only the dangerous ones? And which ones are those? Who decides?

Wouldn't your idea discourage people from seeking therapy? Is that a good thing?

Put PMS on the list....

Supersteeler

Reaction score
The most obvious thing about this kid in listening to him and reading his words is the incredible amount of Narcissism in him. It oozes out of every word. He says repeatedly that he is entitled to this and that and he is so much better than everyone else. The one thing all the "experts" agree on is that murderers and serial murderers in general almost always have a very Narcissistic personality. It allows them to kill guilt free because their own lives and feelings are much more important than their victims. The victims' feelings don't even factor in to the equation. He fits that profile to a T.

I guess I should be talking about him in the past tenser and good riddance.

Last edited:

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score

The point is the nut job is the problem, not the gun. 3 kids died by knife 3 by gun. More gun laws don't fix this, fixing the nut job problem does.