• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Undocumented immigrants are taking all our jobs.!...errrr.......never mind.

Elfiero

Banned
Reaction score
This Ohio factory owner says she has jobs but few sober applicants

By Alexandra King, CNN
Updated 5:01 PM ET, Sat July 29, 2017

(CNN)An Ohio factory owner said Saturday that though she has blue-collar jobs available at her company, she struggles to fill positions because so many candidates fail drug tests.

Regina Mitchell, a co-owner of Warren Fabricating & Machining in Hubbard, Ohio, told The New York Times this week that four out of 10 applicants otherwise qualified to be welders, machinists and crane operators will fail a routine drug test.
In an interview Saturday with CNN's Michael Smerconish, Mitchell said that her requirements for prospective workers were simple.
"I need employees who are engaged in their work while here, of sound mind and doing the best possible job that they can, keeping their fellow co-workers safe at all times," she said.
"We have a 150-ton crane in our machine shop. And we're moving 300,000 pounds of steel around in that building on a regular basis. So I cannot take the chance to have anyone impaired running that crane, or working 40 feet in the air."
President Donald Trump addressed his blue-collar base in Ohio this week, returning to his campaign theme of getting local communities back to work and returning jobs to America from overseas.
But Mitchell said she has jobs. She just doesn't have sober applicants.
For 48 of the 50 years her company has been around, drug abuse had never been an issue, she told Smerconish.
"It hasn't been until the last two years that we needed to have a policy, a corporate policy in place, that protects us from employees coming into work impaired," she said.
Opioid use is on the rise across the country, but especially in Ohio. In 2014, the state had the second-largest number of opioid-related deaths in the United States and the fifth-highest rate of overdose.
"This opioid epidemic that we're experiencing ... it seems like it's worse than in other places all over the country," Mitchell said.
Ohio's new law on medical marijuana, which went into effect in 2016 and allows those with a qualifying condition and a recommendation from a physician to buy the drug legally, was another hurdle for employers to overcome, she said.
"The difficult part about marijuana is, we don't have an affordable test that tells me if they smoked it over the weekend or smoked it in the morning before they came to work. And I just can't take the chance of having an impaired worker running a crane carrying a 300,000-pound steel encasement," she said.
For now, she said, there are almost 12,000 open skilled labor jobs in Mahoning County.
"There are good-paying jobs and the opportunity for people in our area. We just can't find people to show up who can pass a drug test," she said.

We all know there is one 'group' in this country that LOVES! LOVES! LOVES! opioids.....let's just say it's the 'group'
Rush Limbaugh belongs to.........it's a group who because of drugs has many of its younger members unemployed and leaching off the system.

Meanwhile we have another group who has many members who are sober and just want to work hard and get ahead....but according to many of the members of the opioid loving group , they need to be walled out.

Good luck America.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/29/us/ohio-factory-owner-cnntv/index.html

Big mouthed dumb ***** start endless dumb **** troll threads talking about dumb **** **** for dumb **** reasons. Yah dumb ****.

and how many hispanics love love love to smoke weed???

**** off elfie

Hmm, wonder where all those drugs are coming from? I guess those clean sober folks who just want to work hard and get ahead are bringing them, huh?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-03/america-s-heroin-epidemic-starts-in-mexico

As much as 94 percent of the heroin entering America comes from Mexico, estimated William R. Brownfield, a man with a complex title (assistant secretary of the Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs) who sits at the fulcrum of drug interdiction and diplomatic initiative. During a conference call Thursday, he explained that, in 2017, a synthetic opioid between 10 and 50 times more potent than heroin, raw fentanyl, is being trafficked through Mexico into the U.S. alongside heroin and cocaine, though it’s largely produced in Asia. (Other commonly known opioids are morphine, oxycodone, and tramadol.)

Not being able to find candidates who can pass a drug test is a big problem with many companies that hire low skilled workers.

Not being able to find candidates who can pass a drug test is a big problem with many companies that hire low skilled workers.

It's a problem not limited to native born candidates though.

**** off elfie

So you think all undocumented immigrants are hispanic? You also feel the need to defend talk show hosts?

My....my...

**** off elfie

Wait.....I thought it was hispanics that were taking all the jobs...hmmm....how do they pass the drug tests?

So you think all undocumented immigrants are hispanic? You also feel the need to defend talk show hosts?

My....my...

I did not defend anyone.....

but yes the majority of the illegal immigrants in this country are from hispanic countries...

and find a post where I said they were stealing our jobs...

and also...**** off

Wait.....I thought it was hispanics that were taking all the jobs...hmmm....how do they pass the drug tests?

APPARENTLY, THEY ARE NOT, YOU STUPID, FAT, IGNORANT MORON.

****, ****, ****, ****, **** - do you READ THE **** YOU POST???

Your ******* article stated, "For 48 of the 50 years her company has been around, drug abuse had never been an issue, she told Smerconish.
"It hasn't been until the last two years that we needed to have a policy, a corporate policy in place, that protects us from employees coming into work impaired," she said. Opioid use is on the rise across the country, but especially in Ohio. In 2014, the state had the second-largest number of opioid-related deaths in the United States and the fifth-highest rate of overdose. "This opioid epidemic that we're experiencing ... it seems like it's worse than in other places all over the country," Mitchell said."

You dumb, fat, stupid, ignorant, bleating, mooing, ABW cow - in 2014, BARACK ******* OBAMA WAS PRESIDENT, WASN'T HE???

People - look at what retardElfieLiarPoloABW is doing - posting **** from 3 years ago, or 5 years ago, and blaming racism or Trump ...

WHEN ******* OBAMA WAS THE ******* PRESIDENT OF THE ******* COUNTRY.

One anecdote does not cancel out basic economics. Hundreds of thousands of low skilled laborers drive down the wage structure and get the available jobs because they work off the books for cash.

Last edited:
The reality of things are that the majority of this country does drugs... I don't, save alcohol, but the vast majority of those i know do, and most hide it well...

The silliest part is back in the day, weed was illegalized to chase away Hispanics... it was a completly stupid premise...

The fact is most people get sober to pass a test then smoke away... now most aren't hardcore potheads or pill poppers, but they partake...

Drug addiction has no political, race, gender, or social class preference........

The reality of things are that the majority of this country does drugs... I don't, save alcohol, but the vast majority of those i know do, and most hide it well...

The silliest part is back in the day, weed was illegalized to chase away Hispanics... it was a completly stupid premise...

The fact is most people get sober to pass a test then smoke away... now most aren't hardcore potheads or pill poppers, but they partake...

giphy.gif

At my old company for years when we ran a want ad the phone would ring off the hook. After the company required new hire drug testing the phone went dead. Never had a problem with heroin addicts but a lot of people smoked weed.