• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Updated Steelers hire

The guy I was pimping for the OC job,got hired by the Seahawks. Ryan Grub,led the Washington Huskies to top Offenses in College Ball. Alabama was after him for 2 years and he just accepted their offer,when the Seahawks made their pitch. This guy has quite the resume,and I commend the Seahawks for taking a chance instead of the same old retreads. Shall be watching with interest.

I'm confused, they say Sullivan is back as QB coach....but they hired the guy from LA to be QB coach? Confusing. And, why would you bring back the QB coach to a team that had such horrid QB play from the #1 and #2 QBs? Why? I just don't get it. It seems Pgh is adding/making changes just for the sake of change but not with much logic involved.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2024/02/09/steelers-nfl-mike-sullivan-tom-arth/

So, if Sullivan was worth his salt, why did we have such crap QB play from Kenny and Mitch? Kenny had a QBR of 37, near basement of the league, but we are bringing back his position coach? Huh? Why?And Mitch was simply a disaster, he put up truly among the worst QB play in the NFL. But the QB coach is back? (34 QBR) Well, hells bells, way to make changes that actually matter.
Once again, Deuce doesn’t fire people under contract. Canada only got canned because he had 1/3 of a season left on his.

Once again, Deuce doesn’t fire people under contract. Canada only got canned because he had 1/3 of a season left on his.
And he was still the 1st assistant coach to be fired mid-season since 1941. Boy, it only took fans at a PENQUINS' game to chant "Fire Canada" before Deuce would do it.

And he was still the 1st assistant coach to be fired mid-season since 1941. Boy, it only took fans at a PENQUINS' game to chant "Fire Canada" before Deuce would do it.
It's sort of funny how it became a nation-wide movement with fans around the country chanting "Fire Canada" on College GameDay.

It's sort of funny how it became a nation-wide movement with fans around the country chanting "Fire Canada" on College GameDay.
Yea, it took THAT fervent of a reaction to get Deuce off his @ss and fire the inept OC. It's gonna take an equally vehement response to get Deuce to move on from Shades.

I suppose this guy knows Smith well. Buddy system. Always works. Ask Tomlin. Yay?
Because whether you’re a player or assistant coach, when you’re Tomlin’s guy you’re Tomlin’s guy. Nothing will happen to you no matter how bad you suck at your job. No wonder guys want to play for him.

Anyone have any insight on any of the three new hires?
Well... One would think that if they're serious about bringing in a new OC and actually giving him control that they may have wanted HIM to be part of his staff selection.

IE, same sh!t, new day. They either won't find an external OC, or he's just going to be another puppet for Tomlin.

Well... One would think that if they're serious about bringing in a new OC and actually giving him control that they may have wanted HIM to be part of his staff selection.

IE, same sh!t, new day. They either won't find an external OC, or he's just going to be another puppet for Tomlin.
Isn't Smith the new OC and wasn't he hired from the outside before these guys were hired?

Oh, geez. Did they hire an OC, and I missed it?

You can see my fervent following of the team this year is unparalleled. 😉

Because whether you’re a player or assistant coach, when you’re Tomlin’s guy you’re Tomlin’s guy. Nothing will happen to you no matter how bad you suck at your job. No wonder guys want to play for him.
Of course Canada sucked so bad BECAUSE of Tomlin, at least a major component of the sucking. Harvin just sucks on his own. Both protected from Shades and hs clueless thought process, just lost and bumbling as a head coach. :chargrined:

Really digging the new sports science coordinator hire.(Roderick Moore)

He has bug eye Tomlin possibilities.

When an adjustment is needed open those eyes right up and stare.😁

Attachments

• GG817FTaMAAl6P3.jpeg
    GG817FTaMAAl6P3.jpeg
    21.1 KB · Views: 3
Really digging the new sports science coordinator hire.(Roderick Moore)

He has bug eye Tomlin possibilities.

When an adjustment is needed open those eyes right up and stare.😁
So if I gather correctly he’s an analytics guy for the strength and conditioning coach

Guess it can’t hurt, would be nice to keep a S or ILB on the field this year

So if I gather correctly he’s an analytics guy for the strength and conditioning coach

Guess it can’t hurt, would be nice to keep a S or ILB on the field this year

James Harrison came in every morning, sometimes maybe 8 minutes late…….. NO ONE said anything.

Salute the nation

Folks on here, myself included, need to realize the Steelers fans are the only people who have a problem with Tomlin. He is looked at with high esteem around the league, by the players, and by the media. I don't think there is an issue with him hiring good coaches other than he doesn't know how.
He should run for office or lead a criminal organization Teflon Mike.

with pick number 20 the Steelers select... Imma Mademan outta William and Mary, a true jack of all trades master of none tweener that looks sexy AF next to anyone wearing sunglasses

Get paid millions to play football. Retire early as Tomlin’s guy. Blame cte or whatever football ailment. Garner social media attention whether good or bad. More views = more money.

I’d love to play for him too lol

James Harrison, Greg Lloyd, Jack Lambert

Guys you should probably just let do their thing

Pretty sure this current coaching staff couldn’t coach any of these players up.!

Chuck Noll and Bill Cowher did.

Salute the nation

Folks on here, myself included, need to realize the Steelers fans are the only people who have a problem with Tomlin. He is looked at with high esteem around the league, by the players, and by the media. I don't think there is an issue with him hiring good coaches other than he doesn't know how.
Meh. Tomlin has himself a cushy job. Good for him. Regardless of his wins and loss record the guy can enjoy retirement when he’s ready.

Reality is he’s still the head coach. As much as I want the Steelers to move on. He’s there. No point in losing sleep etc over it anymore.

Meh. Tomlin has himself a cushy job. Good for him. Regardless of his wins and loss record the guy can enjoy retirement when he’s ready.

Reality is he’s still the head coach. As much as I want the Steelers to move on. He’s there. No point in losing sleep etc.over it anymore.
Yep we are stuck with him, for now. It is what it is. I just hope the coordinators can X and O their way past him.I try not to even engage in his convos to be honest. They are just a dead end horse beating conversation. Majority think we won't win anything significant with the man. What I find it hard not to reply to is these articles that pump him up to being something other than mediocre. This is a result league. Rooney even eluded to his growing frustration. Yet they are extending the man.

So yeah most of the times I will let fans vent but not partake. But that occasional comment pumping him up to something he seasonally shows he isn't is a little hard to swallow still. Only because I desire more than mediocrity. I desire more than a team that is an embarrassment in pressure situations.

Yep we are stuck with him, for now. It is what it is. I just hope the coordinators can X and O their way past him.I try not to even engage in his convos to be honest. They are just a dead end horse beating conversation. Majority think we won't win anything significant with the man. What I find it hard not to reply to is these articles that pump him up to being something other than mediocre. This is a result league. Rooney even eluded to his growing frustration. Yet they are extending the man.

So yeah most of the times I will let fans vent but not partake. But that occasional comment pumping him up to something he seasonally shows he isn't is a little hard to swallow still. Only because I desire more than mediocrity. I desire more than a team that is an embarrassment in pressure situations.
It’s lip service. Keeps fan interest.

1). Did I miss something? I don’t think they have extended him as of yet. I’m sure they will but am holding out the long delay is wording of the contract so as to make it easy to mutually part ways during said contract.

2). I hold miss-informed people to that degree as well. The fan that screams the loudest of how good a coach Tomain is, is usually a fan of a team that would cherish the non-losing season.

We Expect More !!!!

Salute the nation

1). Did I miss something? I don’t think they have extended him as of yet. I’m sure they will but am holding out the long delay is wording of the contract so as to make it easy to mutually part ways during said contract.

2). I hold miss-informed people to that degree as well. The fan that screams the loudest of how good a coach Tomlin is, is usually a fan of a team that would cherish the non-losing season.

We Expect More !!!!

Salute the nation
Not yet but I expect it to be just a technicality. I doubt they would put any contingents within the contract. As far as easier to depart they always have that option that they won't take in canning him.

2). I hold miss-informed people to that degree as well. The fan that screams the loudest of how good a coach Tomain is, is usually a fan of a team that would cherish the non-losing season.

We Expect More !!!!

Salute the nation
Art De La Duece loves him some Tomlin. He’ll probably extend him