• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

US Capitol breached

baghdad-bob.jpg

Found Tibs Senior picture.

You got suckered into the Big Lie and haven't recovered since. Trump is toying with you, like taking candy from a baby. No wonder the entirety of MAGA is so unhinged, it's all based on a big, ************* lie.
can you spot the lies in this?

They *all* must be held accountable, along with Orange Doofus.

View attachment 7639
its almost as if your cute little image listed only Republicans.
i assume you figure none of the snale-in-the-grass Democrats had anything to do with any of this.

For those in the back.

View attachment 7636
  • Supports and compliments Stacy "Meatloaf" Abrams and Shrillery "Russia Hoax" Clinton, two of the most vile candidates ever to run and both of whom refused to acknowledge they lost elections, both by A LOT, without the massive election bullshit of 2020.
  • Used public office to enrich himself and son, has had his executive orders struck down a record 18 times in a year, encouraged the DOJ to investigate parents concerned about their children's education.
  • Like "a pandemic of the unvaccinated," "masks save lives," "the border is under control," "inflation is not here," "inflation is transitory," "No military advisor told me we should leave 2,500 troops in Afghanistan for the withdrawal," "I will not leave Americans behind in Afghanistan," "The Afghanistan withdrawal was a success," "I will unify this nation," "I drove a tractor-trailer," "green energy is affordable," "the 2nd amendment when it was passed limited the type of gun you could own," "I will not order vaccination," "Vaccination orders are lawful," "Vaccination orders don't harm businesses," "I won't abuse executive orders," "I was given a scholarship at Syracuse law school," "I finished in the top half of my class in law school," "My house almost burned down with my wife in it," "No one making less than $400,000 will see a tax increase under my plan," "my spending plan of $4 trillion will cost nothing," "I tried to visit Nelson Mandela when he was jailed," "I was jailed for my effort to visit Nelson Mandela in jail," "If you get the vaccine, you won't get Covid." Like those whoppers, you mean?
A summary of Biden's moving speech:

297.png

Thank you, President Biden, for standing for democracy and the Republic.

“Because power corrupts, society’s demands for moral authority and character increase as the importance of the position increases.” – John Adams

Thank you, President Biden, for standing for democracy and the Republic.

“Because power corrupts, society’s demands for moral authority and character increase as the importance of the position increases.” – John Adams

I dunno, Tibs - reading thru the comments on that Tweet it doesn't appear ol' Joe is loved by all.

What Americans care about, in descending order:
  • Inflation
  • Wage growth
  • Crime
  • Employment prospects
  • Schools being open
  • Covid tests
  • No lockdowns
  • Property value
And tied for 9,432 - with "alien space ships taking up parking spaces at Costco" - January 6.

Biden’s Capitol insurrection anniversary speech​

On Jan. 6, President Biden said that “we are in a battle for the soul of America” in a speech marking the one-year anniversary of the violent Capitol mob.

Thank you, President Biden. 🏆

Our democracy held. We the people endured. We the people prevailed.

For the first time in our history, a president had not just lost an election; he tried to prevent the peaceful transfer of power as a violent mob breached the Capitol. But they failed. They failed.

The Bible tells us that 'We shall know the truth and the truth shall make us free.' We shall know the truth. Well, here is the God's truth about January 6, 2021.

Fire extinguishers being thrown at the heads of police officers. A crowd that professes their love for law enforcement assaulted those police officers. Dragged them, sprayed them, stomped on them. Over 140 police officers were injured.

But what did we not see? We didn't see a former president who just rallied the mob to attack sitting in the private dining room of the Oval Office in the White House watching it all on television and doing nothing for hours.

Police were assaulted. Lives at risk. The nation's Capitol under siege. This wasn't a group of tourists. This was an armed insurrection. They weren't looking to uphold the will of the people; they were looking to deny the will of the people. They're weren't looking to uphold a free and fair election. They were looking to overturn one. Then weren't looking to save the cause of America. They were looking to subvert the Constitution.

We are a great nation. My fellow Americans, in life there's truth and tragically there are lies. Lies conceived and spread for profit and power. We must be absolutely clear about what is true and what is a lie. And here's the truth: The former president of the United States of America has created and spread a web of lies about the 2020 election.

He's done so because he values power over principle, because he sees his own interest as more important than his country's interest, than America's interest. And because his bruised ego matters more to him than our democracy or our Constitution.

He can't accept he lost even though that's what 93 United States senators, his own attorney general, his own vice president, governors and state officials in every battleground state have all said: He lost.

Are we going to be a nation that accepts political violence as a norm? Are we going to be a nation where we allow partisan election officials to overturn the legally expressed will of the people? Are are going to be a nation that lives not by the light of the truth but in the shadow of lies? We cannot allow ourselves to be that kind of nation.

The former presidents' supporters are trying to rewrite history. They want you to see election day is the day of insurrectionand the riots that took place here on January 6 as a true expression of the will of the people. Can you think of a more twisted way to look at this country, to look at America? I cannot.

Here's the truth. The election of 2020 was the greatest demonstration of democracy in the history of this country. More of you voted in that election than have ever voted in all of American history. Over 150 million Americans went to the polls and voted that day, in a pandemic, some at great risk to their lives. And they should be applauded, not attacked.

The second "Big Lie" being told by the former president's supporters is that the results of the election of 2020 can't be trusted. The truth is that no election, no election in American history has been more closely scrutinized or more carefully counted.

They challenged none of that. The president's name was first. Then we went down the line. Governor, senators, House of Representatives, somehow those results are accurate on the same ballot. But the presidential race was flawed. And on the same ballot, same day, cast by the same voters. The only difference: the former president didn't lose those races. He just the lost the one that was his own.

Those who stormed this Capitol and those who instigated and incited and those who called on them to do so held a dagger at the throat of America and American democracy. They didn't come here out of patriotism or principle. They came here in rage. Not in service of America, rather in service of one man. Those who incited the mob, the real plotters who were desperate to deny the certification of this election, to defy the will of the voters. Their plot was foiled. Congress, Democrats, Republicans stayed. Senators, representatives, staff, they finished their work the Constitution demanded. They honored their oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Our founding fathers, as imperfect as they were, set in motion an experiment that changed the world, literally changed the world. Here in America, the people would ruled. Power would be transferred peacefully, never at the tip of the spear or the barrel of a gun. They committed to paper an idea that they couldn’t live up to, but an idea that couldn't be constrained.

Deep in the heart of America burns a flame lit almost 250 years ago of liberty, freedom and equality. This is not a land of kings or dictators or autocrats. We're a nation of laws, of order, not chaos, of peace, not violence. Here in America, the people rule through the ballot, and their will prevails. So let us remember together. We're one nation, under God, indivisible, that today, tomorrow and forever at our best, we are the United States of America.

God bless you all. God protect our troops, and may God bless those who stand watch over democracy.

F-Curves don't lie!
You got suckered into the Big Lie and haven't recovered since. Trump is toying with you, like taking candy from a baby. No wonder the entirety of MAGA is so unhinged, it's all based on a big, ************* lie.
I should believe the gaslighting leftist shills in the MSM and not what I witnessed with my own two eyes.

Please spare me your fake outrage.

1641496333344.png

"I have said it many times, and it is no more true or real than when we think about the events of January 6: We are in a battle for the soul of America. A battle that by the grace of God, and by the goodness and greatness of this nation, we will win." — President Joe Biden

1641496811193.png