• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Very interesting with Aiyuk

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Son got notification he was a Steeler. Been walked back. Sounds very close. I feel a first would be too much. He wants a crazy contract which probably means Pickens gone sooner then later. But on paper if trade happens they are in contention this year in my book. Don't bother with the Tomlin. I agree, but they would have a very talented team.

IDK if it makes a difference. Every year I hold out hope that this is the year they break above that never a losing season and do something. It was a lot easier to do when I knew Ben was steering the ship. I'm not sure the current QB room is any better than we had last year, hope I'm wrong.

Same, you know you're getting the real deal in Aiyuk compared to an iffy pick, and it keeps the Steelers from reaching on a damn QB in 2025. Like Coolie said though, can't give up too much for the guy.
how much is to much? I personally would not want to give up a 1st or 2nd. seems like they are drafting great players the last few years there.
a 3rd and those 2 7th rounders from the Eagles they got for KP? Probs not enough

how much is to much? I personally would not want to give up a 1st or 2nd. seems like they are drafting great players the last few years there.
a 3rd and those 2 7th rounders from the Eagles they got for KP? Probs not enough
I know what you are saying, but the key word is seems. I agree, it seems like they are drafting really well. But the truth is we aren't sure about any of them yet. A lot is speculation. Aiyuk is a known.

I squarely on the fence with this, as you can probably tell.

They said we're the last team left. The commanders don't want to do it and Aiyuk's people said he wouldn't sign a longterm deal witn NE or Cleveland. That leaves us. I get him and if Pickens acts up, which he absolutely will when Aiyuk is killing it, I move him and pay Aiyuk. THAT is a receiver you can build around instead of walking on egg shells with these Fing divas we've had.

I like the Steelers chances with Aiyuk better than the Steelers without Aiyuk.

Make it happen.

And could someone explain to me how on Earth the Browns can have any $$ to make a competitive play for Aiyuk after their debacle contract with Watson?

They said we're the last team left. The commanders don't want to do it and Aiyuk's people said he wouldn't sign a longterm deal witn NE or Cleveland. That leaves us. I get him and if Pickens acts up, which he absolutely will when Aiyuk is killing it, I move him and pay Aiyuk. THAT is a receiver you can build around instead of walking on egg shells with these Fing divas we've had.
You will be paying Aiyuk by next week if this gers done but you could deal Pickens and draft in third or whatever.

The cheaper the better, but also remember there will be a very high dollar contract to follow.

If we lose Pickens due to this, is that value there as well???

Salute the nation

So BA will probably be traded from what I read and heard. Steelers might actually be in the running but seem like a long shot. I like BA and know to get you have to pay. So I would trust Steelers to do whatever. At this point I think it is improbable.

You will be paying Aiyuk by next week if this gers done but you could deal Pickens and draft in third or whatever.
Move Pickens and then we are back where we were before.....I would keep Pickens. Make him play his contract out. See where it goes from there.

I like the Steelers chances with Aiyuk better than the Steelers without Aiyuk.

Make it happen.

And could someone explain to me how on Earth the Browns can have any $$ to make a competitive play for Aiyuk after their debacle contract with Watson?
I am sure that all depends on them giving up three 1st rounders for one of our players.....Pure speculation on my part though.

Move Pickens and then we are back where we were before.....I would keep Pickens. Make him play his contract out. See where it goes from there.
Not this year. And if he behaves.......problem being he will be in last year of contract next year. You can't pay two receivers big coin. That's why 9ers are looking to move Aiyuk.

kinda torn on this one

great player

but what do you have to give up to get him and make him happy with the contract

some sources are saying Cam would be involved or Daniels

See I think this is a bad idea... Aiyuk is incredibly good, but he isnt like future HOF good... he isnt a pure gamechanger... paying him premium money and giving up a premium asset is just stupid... and if tge niners trade him for less than a second they are just idiots...

They should just force him to play this year... he cant sit out and anything he tries to pull destroys his market value... next year they have to rip that team down anyway...

Now if we traded Heyward to them, id feel bad because i wanted him to retire here, but he would get a shot at a championship... so there is that...

If we traded any olinemen after we just got it potentially patched back together we are probably idiots...

kinda torn on this one

great player

but what do you have to give up to get him and make him happy with the contract

some sources are saying Cam would be involved or Daniels
Zero percent Cam is involved in the trade. He absolutely torched a fan for suggesting that may be the case. Daniels, eh, I would get why but having 2-3 rookies starting would be rough. Daniels was the second best OL last year, however, I suppose you have to give something to get something.

I'm fine either way. I haven't expected the trade, but it would be a lot of fun to have a talent like Aiyuk in the mix. Plus, if they plan on moving forward with Fields, that would have him completely surrounded with talent.

Not this year. And if he behaves.......problem being he will be in last year of contract next year. You can't pay two receivers big coin. That's why 9ers are looking to move Aiyuk.

The niners arent trying to move him... he is trying to get moved... the niners shopped him at a first plus at the draft because they felt they could replace him then.. now its too late.. draft picks in 25 dont help them this year

He wants more money than he is probably worth.
Im guessing the niners will want a second and player that can help asap