• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

VP Pick is JD Vance

Vice Presidential picks mean exactly zero in Presidential elections. Zero. Who was Lincoln's first VP? FDR's? Lloyd Bentsen vs. Dan Quayle, wow that difference meant so freaking much, right?

Vance is incredibly articulate. He is going to gut Cackling Kammie during the debate. She is going to come out swinging, saying, "You called Trump Hitler!" Vance responds, "And you called Dementia Boy a bigot and here we are."

Vice Presidential picks mean exactly zero in Presidential elections. Zero. Who was Lincoln's first VP? FDR's? Lloyd Bentsen vs. Dan Quayle, wow that difference meant so freaking much, right?

Vance is incredibly articulate. He is going to gut Cackling Kammie during the debate. She is going to come out swinging, saying, "You called Trump Hitler!" Vance responds, "And you called Dementia Boy a bigot and here we are."
And Trump is incredibly not. Good pick Donald.

In this case I think it matters for two reasons…one, should we win it’s the presumptive next nominee. Two, we’ve gotten pummeled in the last two election cycles on abortion and Vance is seen as an extremist on the issue. Don’t get me wrong I am prolife, I wish it wasn’t the case but one thing Trump is right about is if you can’t get elected nothing else matters.
He will destroy Kamala in the debates yes except for this issue where she’s gonna bring up the few rare cases and make him look like an out of touch white guy who doesn’t care if little girls get raped or women die.

In this case I think it matters for two reasons…one, should we win it’s the presumptive next nominee. Two, we’ve gotten pummeled in the last two election cycles on abortion and Vance is seen as an extremist on the issue. Don’t get me wrong I am prolife, I wish it wasn’t the case but one thing Trump is right about is if you can’t get elected nothing else matters.
He will destroy Kamala in the debates yes except for this issue where she’s gonna bring up the few rare cases and make him look like an out of touch white guy who doesn’t care if little girls get raped or women die.
Except abortion is decided now. It's up to the individual states. You can't pass either national abortion ban or a national kill dey baybees law.

Except abortion is decided now. It's up to the individual states. You can't pass either national abortion ban or a national kill dey baybees law.
It’s still a major issue amongst my own personal group of swing state suburban women 🤷🏻‍♀️

"MUST KILL BABIES!!! RHEEEEEEEE!"

Who gives a **** what those yentas want?
If Trump would have given a damn about this specific group 4 years ago, he would have been President still, there would be no Ukranian war, all that money could have ended homelessness in the US, Burgundy would have cheap gas and eggs, and puppet-master Obama and his team would have been inciting division in new ways rather than via Potato.

Last edited:
"MUST KILL BABIES!!! RHEEEEEEEE!"

Who gives a **** what those yentas want?
People who want to win elections? Like I said I'm prolife but if Biden wins and Dems control Congress this country is gone forever. It will be a baby killing free for all.
They will stack the Supreme Court and pass a pro-all baby killing federal law.

I
If Trump would have given a damn about this specific group 4 years ago, he would have been President still, there would be no Ukranian war, all that money could have ended homelessness in the US, Burgundy would have cheap gas and eggs, and puppet-master Obama and his team would have been inciting division in new ways rather than via Potato.
I don't think they coordinated the plan to call the flu Covid, scare the **** out of the sheep and flood the election with millions of fake mail in ballots.

It’s still a major issue amongst my own personal group of swing state suburban women 🤷🏻‍♀️
My problems with abortion are many - murder, vulneralbe, etc. - but why do we fund it? Do we fund all the other rights? Let's use US dollars to fund the 2nd amendment. That would be fun.

I

I don't think they coordinated the plan to call the flu Covid, scare the **** out of the sheep and flood the election with millions of fake mail in ballots.
Agreed, and Trump would have overcome all that with a win in 2020 if suburban east coast women liked him a bit.

It doesn't matter if they are idiots: it was his task to win at least some of them over (like he has this time with OFTB), but he did not get that done.

I have a friend who blew my phone up yesterday very upset that Trump did not choose Tulsi. He had insisted for months that Tulsi was the best and only choice. I figured the conventional wisdom was that Vance would help in the narrow Rust Belt, but he didn't want to hear any of it. Was Tulsi ever really a serious consideration and how much is she actualty in Trump's orbit?

I have a friend who blew my phone up yesterday very upset that Trump did not choose Tulsi. He had insisted for months that Tulsi was the best and only choice. I figured the conventional wisdom was that Vance would help in the narrow Rust Belt, but he didn't want to hear any of it. Was Tulsi ever really a serious consideration and how much is she actualty in Trump's orbit?
I hadn't even heard she was under consideration.

I don't think she ever was either, although I agree she may have been the smartest choice election-wise.
Her name was barely mentioned in any articles that I read. She is smart though, maybe a cabinet spot where she could display it.

I felt like saying "yeah it would have been nice if Bill Belichick could have coached Ben and the Steelers during the '10s, but it was never going to happen."

I thought Tim Scott was the obvious choice...but what the **** do I know about politics aside from Tibs and Floggy supporting the violent, tyrannical democratic party. <--Lower case "d" on purpose.

900c01bd173ee3ce.jpg

I really like the Vance pick but that being said I could have gotten behind Tulsi being picked. she is very moderate, she still serves in the military as a colonel if IRC. and is a staunch Trump supporter. she might have appealed to not only women but also the military, but like I said I really like the JD Vance pick..

I get that. I’ve said for a while just put it on a ballot referendum and let the people vote on it.
This is what democracy looks like.

Yeah, that would never happen but for JD Vance. I mean except for it happening to Reagan, HW Bush, Dole, W Bush, McCain, Mittens, and Trump. Other than that, I mean.

Actually you can pass either of those as constitutional amendments, the problem them becomes getting enough States to ratify it. That has always been the issue, and why a CA was never done earlier.

Liberal States need to learn from Nevada and New Jersey in regards to their gambling programs. They could get into the “Travel for abortion” game. Promote their States as Abortion “destinations”. Maybe buy 3 get one free, or “free” airfare with a qualifying abortion. Maybe free ticket to Disneyland with an abortion and a 1 week stay. Lots of options for abortion on demand.

So, get those skirts to get their laws implemented in those “swing” States, like should have been done in the first place. Then get into the “Abortion tourism” game.

It never should have been a Federal issue, UNTIL, enough States implement their own laws, making ratification a possibility.

Actually you can pass either of those as constitutional amendments, the problem them becomes getting enough States to ratify it. That has always been the issue, and why a CA was never done earlier.

Liberal States need to learn from Nevada and New Jersey in regards to their gambling programs. They could get into the “Travel for abortion” game. Promote their States as Abortion “destinations”. Maybe buy 3 get one free, or “free” airfare with a qualifying abortion. Maybe free ticket to Disneyland with an abortion and a 1 week stay. Lots of options for abortion on demand.
Now you're thinking.
Agree, you will never get enough states to agree on a Constitutional Amendment one way or the other.
Like I said, put it on the ballot. If your side loses then fine, raise money, buy advertising, knock on doors, put it on the ballot and vote again. Have at it.
Radio host Jim Quinn has said that the reason why Europe doesn't have abortion protests is because they voted on it.
I should have been going to pro-abortion rallies when I was single and not said I had a vasectomy. "Because you KNOW they'll **** ya." -- Chris Rock