• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Wake up, Libs: There will be no 2018 “blue wave,” no Dem majority and no impeachment

Spike

Reaction score
From a raving left-wing rag to your ears

We received a message from the future this week, directed to the outraged liberals of the so-called anti-Trump resistance. It was delivered by an unlikely intermediary, Greg Gianforte, the Republican who won a special election on Thursday and will soon take his seat in Congress as Montana’s lone representative.

It’s almost hilarious — in the vein of that long-running “Peanuts” gag about Charlie Brown, Lucy and the football — that anyone managed to convince themselves that purportedly decking a representative of the “liberal media” would damage Gianforte. It probably didn’t make much difference; about 70 percent of the votes had already been cast before the Jacobs incident. But I think it’s safe to say that likely Republican voters in Montana, and damn near everywhere else, can be divided into two groups: those who didn’t much care or were inclined to look the other way, and those who were absolutely thrilled.

Gianforte’s decisive victory over Democrat Rob Quist on Thursday has provoked a fresh round of soul-searching from the same people who made too damn much of the Montana election in the first place. We have been told that Democrats must field stronger candidates and commit more resources, that Bernie Sanders does not possess some magic elixir that attracts disgruntled white people and that Donald Trump remains popular in places where people really like him. If that’s not quite enough Captain Obvious, Washington Post columnist Greg Hohmann devoted an impressive amount of research and reporting to the Montana aftermath before arriving at the diagnosis that there is “a growing tribalism that contributes to the polarization of our political system.” You don’t say!

If you don’t want to believe me now, I get it. But take a good hard look at Rep.-elect Greg Gianforte, and go through all the excuses you have made to yourself about how and why that happened, and we’ll talk.

As for the Senate — well, Democratic campaign strategists will mumble and look away if you bring that up, because the Senate majority is completely out of reach. Of the 33 Senate seats up for election next year, 25 are currently held by Democrats — and 10 of those are in states carried by Donald Trump last year. It’s far more likely that Republicans will gain seats in the Senate, perhaps by knocking off Joe Manchin in West Virginia or Heidi Heitkamp in North Dakota, than lose any at all.

Democrats have been virtually wiped out at the state and local level in non-coastal, non-metropolitan areas of the country: They had full control of 27 state legislatures in 2010, and partial control in five more; today they control 14 (with three splits). There was plenty of bad faith and unfair recrimination on both sides of the Bernie-Hillary split of 2016, which there’s no need to rehearse here. But the bitterness has lingered not just because each side blames the other for the election of Donald Trump (and they both could be right) but because it represents a profound underlying identity crisis that ultimately has little to do with Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders.

I have previously argued that the Democratic Party’s civil war was unavoidable and has been a long time coming. Like most people, I assumed it would play out under President Hillary Clinton, not with the party reeling in defeat and at a historic low ebb. In the face of a national emergency, maybe Democrats will find some medium-term way to bridge the gulf between pro-business liberal coalition politics and a social-democratic vision of major structural reform and economic justice. Whoever the hell they nominate for president in 2020 will have to pretend to do that, at any rate.

Right now the Democratic Party has no clear sense of mission and no coherent national message, except that it is not the party of Donald Trump. What we learned in Montana this week — and will likely learn in Georgia, and learn again in the 2018 midterms — is that that’s not enough.

http://www.salon.com/2017/05/27/wak...ve-no-democratic-majority-and-no-impeachment/

nowagforher.jpg

Boom. Mike drop.

The democratic mission is the same. Champion baby killing up until right before birth, enslave people to government by promising free **** paid for by the evil rich who have held them down, remove god from everything,champion perverse sexuality, use scare tactics to make the retired think the Republicans will take away social security and kick them onto the street. Blame the weapon and not the person. Blame the police and not the criminal. Turn Americans against each other by inciting class hatred. For crying out loud they're promoting segregation in universities...Mind blown....The song remains the same.

Last edited:
What concerns me, greatly, is that Manchin and Heitkamp are two of the better politicians in Washington. Both are thoughtful, balanced Democrats whom I trust to do the public's business without ripping me off, vilifying me, or ramping up division and hatred.

When politicians like that lose, the Dems believe that they need to go full libtard. More Bernie bots, Waters dolts, Pelosi putrids. Full-blown leftist claptrap bullshit.

If more Dems were like Manchin and Heitkamp, and if Dems like Heitkamp and Manchin were typical of today's Dem, I would be a Democrat.

It's threads like this that make Tibs and the other liberal bottom feeders here cry. Where's the compassion?

I don't give a **** about any wave of anything. I just want the country to get better. Drumpf won't make it. Pence is a ******* nazi. It seems hopeless at the moment. Not that it would have been any different with Hillary.

I don't give a **** about any wave of anything. I just want the country to get better. Drumpf won't make it. Pence is a ******* nazi. It seems hopeless at the moment. Not that it would have been any different with Hillary.

We all have different definitions of what 'better' means.

From a raving left-wing rag to your ears

We received a message from the future this week, directed to the outraged liberals of the so-called anti-Trump resistance. It was delivered by an unlikely intermediary, Greg Gianforte, the Republican who won a special election on Thursday and will soon take his seat in Congress as Montana’s lone representative.

It’s almost hilarious — in the vein of that long-running “Peanuts” gag about Charlie Brown, Lucy and the football — that anyone managed to convince themselves that purportedly decking a representative of the “liberal media” would damage Gianforte. It probably didn’t make much difference; about 70 percent of the votes had already been cast before the Jacobs incident. But I think it’s safe to say that likely Republican voters in Montana, and damn near everywhere else, can be divided into two groups: those who didn’t much care or were inclined to look the other way, and those who were absolutely thrilled.

Gianforte’s decisive victory over Democrat Rob Quist on Thursday has provoked a fresh round of soul-searching from the same people who made too damn much of the Montana election in the first place. We have been told that Democrats must field stronger candidates and commit more resources, that Bernie Sanders does not possess some magic elixir that attracts disgruntled white people and that Donald Trump remains popular in places where people really like him. If that’s not quite enough Captain Obvious, Washington Post columnist Greg Hohmann devoted an impressive amount of research and reporting to the Montana aftermath before arriving at the diagnosis that there is “a growing tribalism that contributes to the polarization of our political system.” You don’t say!

If you don’t want to believe me now, I get it. But take a good hard look at Rep.-elect Greg Gianforte, and go through all the excuses you have made to yourself about how and why that happened, and we’ll talk.

As for the Senate — well, Democratic campaign strategists will mumble and look away if you bring that up, because the Senate majority is completely out of reach. Of the 33 Senate seats up for election next year, 25 are currently held by Democrats — and 10 of those are in states carried by Donald Trump last year. It’s far more likely that Republicans will gain seats in the Senate, perhaps by knocking off Joe Manchin in West Virginia or Heidi Heitkamp in North Dakota, than lose any at all.

Democrats have been virtually wiped out at the state and local level in non-coastal, non-metropolitan areas of the country: They had full control of 27 state legislatures in 2010, and partial control in five more; today they control 14 (with three splits). There was plenty of bad faith and unfair recrimination on both sides of the Bernie-Hillary split of 2016, which there’s no need to rehearse here. But the bitterness has lingered not just because each side blames the other for the election of Donald Trump (and they both could be right) but because it represents a profound underlying identity crisis that ultimately has little to do with Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders.

I have previously argued that the Democratic Party’s civil war was unavoidable and has been a long time coming. Like most people, I assumed it would play out under President Hillary Clinton, not with the party reeling in defeat and at a historic low ebb. In the face of a national emergency, maybe Democrats will find some medium-term way to bridge the gulf between pro-business liberal coalition politics and a social-democratic vision of major structural reform and economic justice. Whoever the hell they nominate for president in 2020 will have to pretend to do that, at any rate.

Right now the Democratic Party has no clear sense of mission and no coherent national message, except that it is not the party of Donald Trump. What we learned in Montana this week — and will likely learn in Georgia, and learn again in the 2018 midterms — is that that’s not enough.

And people were writing articles like this one about the Republican Party only a year or two ago. There is no telling how 2018 will go until it gets here.

What concerns me, greatly, is that Manchin and Heitkamp are two of the better politicians in Washington. Both are thoughtful, balanced Democrats whom I trust to do the public's business without ripping me off, vilifying me, or ramping up division and hatred.

When politicians like that lose, the Dems believe that they need to go full libtard. More Bernie bots, Waters dolts, Pelosi putrids. Full-blown leftist claptrap bullshit.

If more Dems were like Manchin and Heitkamp, and if Dems like Heitkamp and Manchin were typical of today's Dem, I would be a Democrat.

Bud of mine who is on the county Democrat Committee feels the same way. He thinks Sen. Manchin is great. I keep telling him, in a good-natured way, that he's really a Republican and the Dems don't want his kind.

The Dems' appeal is to a narrow and increasingly smaller group of people. Not how you win elections. But that's okay.

Last edited:
Tibs don't cry, he said he just hides under the bed.

...and behind his wall that keeps out those nasty immigrants that blow things up.

Safe spaces and big walls. Welcome to TibseyLand

Bud of mine who is on the county Democrat Committee feels the same way. He thinks Sen. Manchin is great. I keep telling him, in a good-natured way, that he's really a Republican and the Dems don't want his kind.

ronald-reagan-the-democratic-party.jpg

The Dems' appeal is to a narrow and increasingly smaller group of people. Not how you win elections. But that's okay.

But that is happening to BOTH parties. The Democrats are ******* lunatics now - Jesus-Christ-On-A-Skewer, Maxine Waters? Nancy Pelosi? Bernie Sanders? Those ******* are CRAZY.

But for **** sake, the Republicans need to winnow out the crazies in their party as well. Any (R) candidate who is "devoutly Christian" raises concerns to me about prejudice against gays. That is a fact. Get those fringe-freaks out of the party.

But here is my biggest complaint. I say I like Manchin and Heitkamp and Joe Donnelly.

ElfieFuckerLoserLiarBitchFucker will NEVER say it thinks a Republican is worthwhile. EVER.

It is a lying scumbag ***** who is a brainless **** admittedly stealing our taxpayer dollars.

The democratic mission is the same. Champion baby killing up until right before birth, enslave people to government by promising free **** paid for by the evil rich who have held them down, remove god from everything,champion perverse sexuality, use scare tactics to make the retired think the Republicans will take away social security and kick them onto the street. Blame the weapon and not the person. Blame the police and not the criminal. Turn Americans against each other by inciting class hatred. For crying out loud they're promoting segregation in universities...Mind blown....The song remains the same.

Please explain to me how people can be pro life but not understand the need for welfare. Also, how can you be pro life and not promote birth control and safe sex. There's so many contridictions there. I could go on and on. Republicans are trying to fully privitize social security, openly hate the program and have been trying to get rid of it for years. Same with Medicare. I can do this all day. The thing is that there is nuance to this and it's not as easy as just picking a side and saying one side is right. This is were I think conservtives get it right to be honest. They want goverment out of the way unless it impedes on their ability to impose their religious views on people and then it's a different story. Younger generations are not going to go for this ****. There will be a massive change in the not to distant future.....in the next 10 years for sure. It's not about the marketablity of "liberal" and "conservative" propoganda at that point either. It's about who is goign to allow growth and who is going to provide stability and diginity.

Please explain to me how people can be pro life but not understand the need for welfare. Also, how can you be pro life and not promote birth control and safe sex. There's so many contridictions there. I could go on and on. Republicans are trying to fully privitize social security, openly hate the program and have been trying to get rid of it for years. Same with Medicare. I can do this all day. The thing is that there is nuance to this and it's not as easy as just picking a side and saying one side is right. This is were I think conservtives get it right to be honest. They want goverment out of the way unless it impedes on their ability to impose their religious views on people and then it's a different story. Younger generations are not going to go for this ****. There will be a massive change in the not to distant future.....in the next 10 years for sure. It's not about the marketablity of "liberal" and "conservative" propoganda at that point either. It's about who is goign to allow growth and who is going to provide stability and diginity.

Because when you subsidize sloth and failure you get more of both. You would be amazed at how low the out of wedlock birth rate would drop if we quit paying women extra cash to have more babies. The best social program is now and always has been a job. As far as Social Security and Medicaid goes both are Ponzi schemes. I know for a fact if I had all of the Social Security money that I have paid in since I was 16 and a 401(k) account I could retire at 55 as a millionaire. As it stands now Have used all of that money that I've paid in to buy votes from scrap hangers and parasites and I will never see a lick of that. Government is the problem not the solution.

Because when you subsidize sloth and failure you get more of both. You would be amazed at how low the out of wedlock birth rate would drop if we quit paying women extra cash to have more babies. The best social program is now and always has been a job. As far as Social Security and Medicaid goes both are Ponzi schemes. I know for a fact if I had all of the Social Security money that I have paid in since I was 16 and a 401(k) account I could retire at 55 as a millionaire. As it stands now Have used all of that money that I've paid in to buy votes from scrap hangers and parasites and I will never see a lick of that. Government is the problem not the solution.

Yep. Get off your lazy *** and go to work. It's not that hard when you don't have uncle Sam to powder your bottom and spoon feed you. The lefts only idea is to take more money from the producers and give it to the asshats sitting in the cart being pulled along screaming at them to go faster.

Popular T Shirts that are now going crazy in MT and Gianforte is threatening to sue over. (Which is silly - it's free advertising...)

"My Congressman can kick Your Congressman's ***!"

"Don't Assault me with your lack of Intelligence!"

"MT Congressmen know how to "drop a mic".

Last edited:
Yep. Get off your lazy *** and go to work. It's not that hard when you don't have uncle Sam to powder your bottom and spoon feed you. The lefts only idea is to take more money from the producers and give it to the asshats sitting in the cart being pulled along screaming at them to go faster.

It would help to understand how Social Security works. We cannot opt out of it unless you have a city/state/federal funded pension. Technically that is still being funded into a pool that is lightly invested and protected. The issue with getting rid of Social Security is you run the risk of creating an unstable and potentially more expensive underclass of unemployed seniors with no income or savings to draw from. We could take the approach and say that they "should" have invested their money from an early age and that they should not invest it in any high risk markets but that is a huge risk to trust that many people with that responsibility. If we spent more time teaching kids about finance at a younger age and really pushing it you could maybe do that but otherwise you can't run a society like that. Social Security is a trust fund. It's based on a certain amount of people having access to it and the investment must meet the requirements to cover all people who have that access regardless of earning potential. Any surplus from Social Security is reinvested into bonds which are supposed to be used to cushion the purse in case there is a dramatic rise in consumption. This is where Republicans want to gamble with the money. We saw how well that worked in the 80's and 90's and what it led to 10 years ago in mass market banking. The surpluses are going to run out in a few years and there do need to be actions taken because not too long after that the bonds will run out too if they are left and sooner if they are gambled with. I understand the logic that Republicans have with wanting to safeguard the money and take the risk but I doubt their intentions are good there at all and I don't trust them after what we saw happen in 07/08. If we really want to change how this process works we need to start with education and build a new outlook from the ground up. You can't do it without that. Running a society is way more intricate than telling people to just pull up their bootstraps. There are so many variables and unknowns and honestly just differences in how people are with money. There are plenty of poor conservatives too. It's the same issue with healthcare. People listen to these bullshit "pundits" but at the end of the day they fear losing the very things they shame people about having access to.

Trump has done nothing but nothing is far better than what Hillary would have done if given the chance.

It would help to understand how Social Security works. We cannot opt out of it unless you have a city/state/federal funded pension. Technically that is still being funded into a pool that is lightly invested and protected. The issue with getting rid of Social Security is you run the risk of creating an unstable and potentially more expensive underclass of unemployed seniors with no income or savings to draw from. We could take the approach and say that they "should" have invested their money from an early age and that they should not invest it in any high risk markets but that is a huge risk to trust that many people with that responsibility. If we spent more time teaching kids about finance at a younger age and really pushing it you could maybe do that but otherwise you can't run a society like that. Social Security is a trust fund. It's based on a certain amount of people having access to it and the investment must meet the requirements to cover all people who have that access regardless of earning potential. Any surplus from Social Security is reinvested into bonds which are supposed to be used to cushion the purse in case there is a dramatic rise in consumption. This is where Republicans want to gamble with the money. We saw how well that worked in the 80's and 90's and what it led to 10 years ago in mass market banking. The surpluses are going to run out in a few years and there do need to be actions taken because not too long after that the bonds will run out too if they are left and sooner if they are gambled with. I understand the logic that Republicans have with wanting to safeguard the money and take the risk but I doubt their intentions are good there at all and I don't trust them after what we saw happen in 07/08. If we really want to change how this process works we need to start with education and build a new outlook from the ground up. You can't do it without that. Running a society is way more intricate than telling people to just pull up their bootstraps. There are so many variables and unknowns and honestly just differences in how people are with money. There are plenty of poor conservatives too. It's the same issue with healthcare. People listen to these bullshit "pundits" but at the end of the day they fear losing the very things they shame people about having access to.

Social Security is a ponzi scheme and the money they are collecting has already been spent several trillion times over. The government sucks at saving and investing so why should any of us be forced to let it do those things for us? I'll happily take my chances. Let those who trust the government more than they trust themselves hand all their money over and allow the government to manage it for them. Leave the rest of us alone.

How in the **** do you know what I read?

I will note that only my most off-the-hook-Libtarded-Trump-derangement-syndrome friends call Trump "Drumpf" like you do. Birds of a feather and all.

Social Security is a ponzi scheme and the money they are collecting has already been spent several trillion times over. The government sucks at saving and investing so why should any of us be forced to let it do those things for us? I'll happily take my chances. Let those who trust the government more than they trust themselves hand all their money over and allow the government to manage it for them. Leave the rest of us alone.

That's all well and good.....but like I said what would you do with the people who have no means to support themselves if Social Security didn't exist? I'm not saying I trust the government to manage the fund either but I REALLY don't trust people to take care of themselves in large enough numbers where there won't be a widespread crisis. We would inevitably get ****** even worse now because of the repercussions of that.