• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Wal Mart Usually Scummy Corp. Does 1 Thing Right by Turning on Christian Fascists

boxer briefs!...

I'm not sure i'd say the "vast majority" comes from China though...like i said...90-95% of my normal everyday purchases are the same brands i'd find at every other store...except most of the time...Walmart carries a bigger selection from those brands...

anywhere i go...i'm lining the owners pockets...if you don't want to do that...make your own ****...but every company is in business because of a thing called profit...

if you don't want to buy Chinese...don't buy it...

Fair enough. Believe me, I'm all about profit. I just don't like those Walton mf'ers or their ****** store.

No, but I sure as hell want the NFL to continue to restrain capitalism and interfere with natural order via the salary cap and revenue sharing. Jerry Jones disagrees with this. What's your take?

My take remains that you're lost and still comparing apples and oranges. The NFL will never have capitalism "inside" it's own business since it is run as a franchise. You are failing to grasp this.

I'm glad the NFL is run as a franchise model.

The NFL will never have capitalism "inside" it's own business since it is run as a franchise. .

Teams compete for free agents. They independently decide who and how much is a good investment. That's not capitalism?

Can't teams make decisions on naming rights, ticket prices, concessions and merchandise? Isn't that capitalism as well?

Teams compete for free agents. They independently decide who and how much is a good investment. That's not capitalism?

Can't teams make decisions on naming rights, ticket prices, concessions and merchandise? Isn't that capitalism as well?
You're still not grasping the difference. Unless you're just arguing for the sake of arguing because I don't think you're really that stupid. I own two franchises of a national company. You have some latitude but you also agree, and know going in, that there are some restrictions and covenants that you can and cannot do. If the NFL was totally capitalist and free market then anyone who wanted could start a team wherever they wanted and you'd have to eliminate the draft and every college player, and high school for that matter, would be a free agent. Except then there would be pretty much a total lack of organization. When you have a franchise you can't do everything the way you want to do it. Mine are for sale BTW. Any of the Libtards here who don't think they pay enough taxes and workers don't get paid enough is welcome to buy them.

Nope, it's not. You speak of it as if it is a free market. It is not. It's laden with competitive restrictions.

Strike Three.

Nope, it's not. You speak of it as if it is a free market. It is not. It's laden with competitive restrictions.

Strike Three.

And you speak of franchises as if they all have revenue sharing, salary caps, restricted free agency, etc.

I know it's not a free market. I'm just pointing out the irony that without these competitive restrictions over the past 20 years, your favorite football team would have shared a fate with many small businesses.

And you speak of franchises as if they all have revenue sharing, salary caps, restricted free agency, etc.

I know it's not a free market. I'm just pointing out the irony that without these competitive restrictions over the past 20 years, your favorite football team would have shared a fate with many small businesses.

You're not pointing out anything that is "valid." You continue to compare a franchise operation to Walmart and capitalism, and so long as you do, you will fail. These restrictions you speak of are in place because the business itself dictates these rules on its franchises. So you admit it's not a free market. Stop there. That ends your "point" in all shapes and forms.

I will ask you again, make a comparison in the capitalist world. How do you want a capitalist market to work? And if you want capitalism removed, what would you replace it with? Government-regulated business? Pray do tell how that works (and reference the US Postal Service, ObamaCare, Amtrak, and our Federal Budget as you do so, including not only controlling budget, but administering the quality of products and services we receive).

I eagerly await your reply.

You're not pointing out anything that is "valid." You continue to compare a franchise operation to Walmart and capitalism, and so long as you do, you will fail. These restrictions you speak of are in place because the business itself dictates these rules on its franchises. So you admit it's not a free market. Stop there. That ends your "point" in all shapes and forms.

I will ask you again, make a comparison in the capitalist world. How do you want a capitalist market to work? And if you want capitalism removed, what would you replace it with? Government-regulated business? Pray do tell how that works (and reference the US Postal Service, ObamaCare, Amtrak, and our Federal Budget as you do so, including not only controlling budget, but administering the quality of products and services we receive).

I eagerly await your reply.

I don't mean to compare Walmart to a franchise, rather small companies (or markets) ability to compete with corporations or large markets and the overall impact on society.

You contend that what has taken place with big box stores over the last several decades is best simply because it took place naturally via capitalism. I don't think that's true or that simple. Ultimately, we'll never know exactly what the overall impact on society would have been.

Similarly, we'll never know what the past 20+ years would have been like had the NFL not decided to restrict the capitalism of its franchises. Perhaps it could have been even more successful and L.A. would have a franchise and Pittsburgh would not. I think we can agree that wouldn't have been best for us.

There's plenty of government regulation in business, both good and bad, necessary and unnecessary.

You contend that what has taken place with big box stores over the last several decades is best simply because it took place naturally via capitalism. I don't think that's true or that simple. Ultimately, we'll never know exactly what the overall impact on society would have been.

Similarly, we'll never know what the past 20+ years would have been like had the NFL not decided to restrict the capitalism of its franchises. Perhaps it could have been even more successful and L.A. would have a franchise and Pittsburgh would not. I think we can agree that wouldn't have been best for us.

There's plenty of government regulation in business, both good and bad, necessary and unnecessary

You've been asked repeatedly what you think the alternative should be and you have failed to answer.

What kind of government regulations do you want? Should Walmart's sales and growth be limited by the government? Just Walmart, or all national retail chains? What's the maximum size a business can grow to? Is it number of stores? Annual sales? If a mom and pop grows to two or three locations, at what point must it start restricting its growth? What are the limits of success a business is allowed to have? Who decides?

So far all you've managed is "Walmart bad".

I can't figure out why you keep using the NFL example as restraining capitalism. People keep telling you they are a franchise. The NFL restrains how it's franchise teams operate. The owners KNOW that when buying the franchise. The NFL does not restrain capitalism.

What kind of government regulations do you want? Should Walmart's sales and growth be limited by the government? Just Walmart, or all national retail chains? What's the maximum size a business can grow to? Is it number of stores? Annual sales? If a mom and pop grows to two or three locations, at what point must it start restricting its growth? What are the limits of success a business is allowed to have? Who decides?
Thread ended.

I don't mean to compare Walmart to a franchise, rather small companies (or markets) ability to compete with corporations or large markets and the overall impact on society.

There's plenty of government regulation in business, both good and bad, necessary and unnecessary.

dude-wtf.jpg

in·co·her·ent
/ˌinkōˈhirənt/

adjective
adjective: incoherent

1. (of spoken or written language) expressed in an incomprehensible or confusing way; unclear.
"he screamed some incoherent threat"
synonyms: unclear, confused, unintelligible, incomprehensible, hard to follow, disjointed, disconnected, disordered, mixed up, garbled, jumbled, scrambled, muddled; More

No man, those stores are all in states where Operation Jade Helm is going to take place this summer and Wal-Mart is in cahoots with the govt to supply the military. Martial law, suspension of the Constitution, and FEMA camps are coming. Do I have to tell you people everything? Dafuq, they're building secret tunnels under the stores and getting ready to build guard towers in the parking lots. I read it on the Internet so it must be true.

No man, those stores are all in states where Operation Jade Helm is going to take place this summer and Wal-Mart is in cahoots with the govt to supply the military. Martial law, suspension of the Constitution, and FEMA camps are coming. Do I have to tell you people everything? Dafuq, they're building secret tunnels under the stores and getting ready to build guard towers in the parking lots. I read it on the Internet so it must be true.

So that's why FEMA ordered $1 billion worth of disposable coffins. It would be cheaper if they'd just burn us.

What Trog doesn't seem to get is that all government regs are there because somebody wanted them. Somebody lobbied for them. Somebody with powerful friends in high places needed them in place because they would help them make money.

Walmart has become public enemy number one mainly for one reason...unions. Unions can't control them, haven't been able to break them and they took market share away from unionized supermarkets. It's a very orchestrated and deliberate campaign by organized labor to make Walmart the bad guy, in the guise of concern for workers and mom and pop shops.

When you say you want more government regulation, what you are really saying is you want the government, driven by powerful lobbying interests, to have the ability to pick the winners and the losers in the market.

No thanks.

What Trog doesn't seem to get is that all government regs are there because somebody wanted them. Somebody lobbied for them. Somebody with powerful friends in high places needed them in place because they would help them make money.

Walmart has become public enemy number one mainly for one reason...unions. Unions can't control them, haven't been able to break them and they took market share away from unionized supermarkets. It's a very orchestrated and deliberate campaign by organized labor to make Walmart the bad guy, in the guise of concern for workers and mom and pop shops.

When you say you want more government regulation, what you are really saying is you want the government, driven by powerful lobbying interests, to have the ability to pick the winners and the losers in the market.

No thanks.

NOW the thread is ended.

boom.png

No thanks.

Perhaps, but the also took shares away from the QUALITY Mom & Pop butcher shops. Regardless, I hate unions just a C-hair more than I hate mf'ing Walmart. **** 'em all.

You've been asked repeatedly what you think the alternative should be and you have failed to answer.

So far all you've managed is "Walmart bad".

Perfect competition. It's not supposed to be difficult to impossible for small business to compete but it is, especially in retail. I had a friend that opened a Sony shop 15-20 years ago, I didn't tell him what I thought then, but it's no longer in business.

We do agree monopolies are bad, right? Walmart's not quite a monopoly, but "monopoly" answers a few of your questions. And surely you're not comparing a mom and pop opening a third store to Walmart opening it's 5,003rd store?

Perhaps, but the also took shares away from the QUALITY Mom & Pop butcher shops. Regardless, I hate unions just a C-hair more than I hate mf'ing Walmart. **** 'em all.

I'm generally anti-union as well. When teachers retire at 52 with full salary and benefits, and the cable guy makes six figures, something's wrong.

Perfect competition. It's not supposed to be difficult to impossible for small business to compete but it is, especially in retail. I had a friend that opened a Sony shop 15-20 years ago, I didn't tell him what I thought then, but it's no longer in business.

We do agree monopolies are bad, right? Walmart's not quite a monopoly, but "monopoly" answers a few of your questions. And surely you're not comparing a mom and pop opening a third store to Walmart opening it's 5,003rd store?

Eh, Wal-Mart is putting K-Mart out of business too. Wal-Mart is a relative newcomer to my part of the country and in many cases built their stores within a mile of a K-Mart. Now a bunch of K-Marts including the one in my town closed up. That's more apples-to-apples and the simple fact is that Wal-Mart has better prices and stocks their stores better than K-Mart did.
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation came out in 1989 and the scene when Chevy Chase rides that disc down the hill and into Wal-Mart was the first time I'd ever seen one.

You have got to be kidding me right? Here we go again with the 1960s Peace Love and Happiness Unicorn crap. We've been asking you to state what you would replace Capitalism with your long awaited reply is....drum roll.....perfect competition?

Can you define this for us? Can you tell me what type of a market system that is? How does one find the unicorn...errr...get to the Perfect Competition model? Is their a Secretary of Perfect Competition Czar person? What is this Perfect Competition market built upon? Who defines Perfect? Are there selling boundaries? Can a person set up a business anywhere they want?

Why don't you just come out and say what you really want is a Government Regulated business market?

Then you're right back to where OFTB indicated all Government run programs are, built to appease the lobbyists, who in this Perfect World will make the Government Run business regulations such that their industries profit and other businesses are hurt - back to square one with the fortunate making out and the unfortunate being **** upon.

I'm sorry, but your complete lack of understanding of business coupled with your view that the world can get to Utopia is just mind boggling. Realism escapes you, I fear.