• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Wal Mart Usually Scummy Corp. Does 1 Thing Right by Turning on Christian Fascists

If we want to make this a healthy debate, I'd enjoy hearing your theory on what you'd like to see instead of Walmart.

Opportunity.

Many have pointed out that Walmart started out as a mom and pop. The irony is that it could. If Ma and Pa Walton wanted to open their store today and it was anywhere near a Walmart, could they be successful? I don't think so.

You're seemingly angry. Why?

I'm entitled to an opinion that the world would be a better place had Walmart not wiped out tens or hundreds of thousands of small businesses. Have they done any good? Sure, but I think their net impact has been bad. They've taken away more opportunity than they've created.

I don't think you can really blame Walmart for this phenomenon. Other grocery store chains did a pretty good job of wiping out mom and pop groceries long before Walmart took over. Macy's wiped out your local department store. CVS took over your corner drug store. Sunoco wiped out Joe's gas station. Domino's eliminated your local pizza shops. Sorry it's not the 40s any more, but it's not just Walmart, they're just the ones who are most successful at it. Liberals hate success.

I don't think you can really blame Walmart for this phenomenon. Other grocery store chains did a pretty good job of wiping out mom and pop groceries long before Walmart took over. Macy's wiped out your local department store. CVS took over your corner drug store. Sunoco wiped out Joe's gas station. Domino's eliminated your local pizza shops. Sorry it's not the 40s any more, but it's not just Walmart, they're just the ones who are most successful at it. Liberals hate success.

Add lowes and Home Depot to that list too.

It's not success. It's corporations wiping out successful small business. I'm not one of their victims, but I totally sympathize.

It's not success. It's corporations wiping out successful small business. I'm not one of their victims, but I totally sympathize.

I am better at something than you, I am more successful at it than you, therefore you are my victim? LOL. No wonder this country's going to hell in a handbasket,.

Opportunity.

Many have pointed out that Walmart started out as a mom and pop. The irony is that it could. If Ma and Pa Walton wanted to open their store today and it was anywhere near a Walmart, could they be successful? I don't think so.

Ah...that isn't exactly true. Walmart did indeed start out as a mom and pop, but to do it today has little to do with the competition and a lot more due to the regulations and gov't oversight.

Everything that's predicted here on this video has happened in spades and the ACA fallout has yet to be tabulated.

Pressed for quick facts...... jump to 4:30 for a concise explanation.

Ah...that isn't exactly true. Walmart did indeed start out as a mom and pop, but to do it today has little to do with the competition and a lot more due to the regulations and gov't oversight.

Yeah, it's ironic that the same people blaming Walmart for the demise of small business want to institute government mandated "living wages" that would hit small businesses hardest.

SOMEBODY is going to be the wealthiest person in the world. I mean seriously...why is that an issue? If wealth is so awful why don't Hilary Clinton and Elizabeth Warren and Nancy Pelosi give most of their money to poor people and live on say, a million or two a year? Why aren't you bitching about Oprah, or Mick Jagger or Lebron James? Why is it that someone who makes money running a successful business that create millions of jobs is evil, but someone who makes money bouncing a ball or strutting their ugly *** around on a stage or taking speaking engagements because of their husband's coattails is good?

Simpletons like 21 have this idea that there is this big pile of money somewhere and the rich have confiscated most of it....The fact is that wealth is not distributed, it is created.

I will not have taken money out of my neighbors pocket who is poor, my other neighbors pocket who is middle income, nor my other neighbor who is rich if I became wealthy from staring a successful business, or invented something people want, or wrote a hit song....all their incomes/wealth remains the same.

Last edited:
I get the convenience thing, it is a time saver. But your buying cheap **** that was made in China instead of the USA. Walmart kills the American dream by destroying American jobs and killing off Mom & Pop stores. They hurt the US economy by importing so much **** from China and they're basically a blight on society by attracting criminals, thugs, methheads and the mentally ill.

cheap ****?...

it's the same brands i'd buy at every other store...

Pillsbury...Quaker State...Degree...Rolaids...Tyson...Hiland...Fruit of the Loom...Sony...Glad...Eggo...Special K...Cap'n Crunch...et al ad nauseam...

tell me again how i'm supporting China again?..

Simpletons like 21 have this idea that there is this big pile of money somewhere and the rich have confiscated most of it....The fact is that wealth is not distributed, it is created.

I will not have taken money out of my neighbors pocket who is poor, my other neighbors pocket who is middle income, nor my other neighbor who is rich if I became wealthy from staring a successful business, or invented something people want, or wrote a hit song....all their incomes/wealth remains the same.

There is many a poor person's dollar going into Lebron's pocket for $300.00 sneakers made in China. But that's ok.

so am i a communist liberal or a capitalist conservative for liking Walmart?...i'm not sure...i like to be labelled...

...i'm not sure...i like to be labelled...

Does this mean you are not sure you like to be labeled or that you like to be labeled but you are not sure which label you got?

.Fruit of the Loom.. .

You wear tighty whities? Heh. I'm not labeling you anything. I just firmly believe in buying American products. The vast majority of what Walmart sells comes from China. When you buy Chinese **** it supports their economy and lines the Walton's pockets. Plus, it really is ****. Chinese toys have lead and chemicals that hurt babies, their dog food and treats are poisonous enough to kill them. I always check labels for Made in China and if I see it I don't buy it.

I was actually hoping we might have some healthy debate about what you wanted instead of Walmart. I now just shake my head. You sir, are lost. Out of touch. And unable to be reasoned with.

If you don't understand business, it's really impossible to debate business. It's like asking me to discuss pharmaceutical engineering strategies with a tech from Pfizer. I know nothing about it, and soon he'd shake his head and say "I can't even discuss this with him." He'd be right. You don't understand the business world. It's obvious. You just keep spouting these ideals like you're wearing a tie-dye and dancing around at Woodstock. "Free Love Man!"

When asked what you'd like to see instead of Walmart you reply "Opportunity." WTF?? Does Opportunity sell you clothes, food, shoes?? Enough of these bleeding heart Liberal ideals. If Walmart went away, what would you replace it with? That was the question.

Then you say it's not success that lead to the demise of the Mom & Pops. SMH again saying "WTF??" OFTB is correct. Success of the other businesses led to their growth which led to their taking market share which led to putting mom & pops out of business. IT ABSOLUTELY WAS THEIR SUCCESS. You believe corporations just wiped out successful small businesses without themselves being successful? Or that these companies went into business just to wipe out mom & pops? What do you smoke?

1310483866536.jpg

When businesses succeed, they grow, typically. When they grow, they threaten their competitors. If they grow enough and take enough market share, other businesses go out of business due to their success. It is natural law and order.

I'm beginning to think you haven't the faintest idea of how businesses work, how economies work...SMH. Yet you're here arguing the stuff you hear on MSNBC. "Walmart bad. Walmart put small business out of business. That Walmart's goal. Walmart exist to destroy America. No good."

You're regurgitating without knowing the least about the basis of these discussions.

Attachments

• 1310483866536.jpg
    1310483866536.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
There is many a poor person's dollar going into Lebron's pocket for $300.00 sneakers made in China. But that's ok.

Aside from that having no bearing on what I said, how does a "poor" person pay for $300 shoes?

Then you say it's not success that lead to the demise of the Mom & Pops. SMH again saying "WTF??" OFTB is correct. Success of the other businesses led to their growth which led to their taking market share which led to putting mom & pops out of business. IT ABSOLUTELY WAS THEIR SUCCESS. You believe corporations just wiped out successful small businesses without themselves being successful? Or that these companies went into business just to wipe out mom & pops? What do you smoke?

I never said Walmart wasn't successful. My point is that successful small businesses got wiped out due to nothing more than Walmart moving in. There's no way for them to compete. Like if the NFL did away with the salary cap and revenue sharing, the Steelers would not be able to compete. I wouldn't like that just as I don't like a small business being crushed by a corporations.

Aside from that having no bearing on what I said, how does a "poor" person pay for $300 shoes?

My point is that Trog's outrage over someone making money off of selling Chinese crap to poor people is selective.

And yes, go to any city playground and you will see poor kids wearing very expensive sneakers. How they do it, I don't know. Maybe they're selling their free Obama phones for the money.

My point is that Trog's outrage over someone making money off of selling Chinese crap to poor people is selective.

And yes, go to any city playground and you will see poor kids wearing very expensive sneakers. How they do it, I don't know. Maybe they're selling their free Obama phones for the money.

Outrage? Hardly. I just pointed out that the cheapest option isn't always the most prudent. Which in your opinion is "elitist".

Outrage? Hardly. I just pointed out that the cheapest option isn't always the most prudent. Which in your opinion is "elitist".

Try eliminating the low priced goods at Walmart and forcing them to buy only expensive, higher quality stuff. I'm sure they would love that idea. But then you know better than they do what they "should" be buying. Yes, elitist.

I never said Walmart wasn't successful. My point is that successful small businesses got wiped out due to nothing more than Walmart moving in. There's no way for them to compete. Like if the NFL did away with the salary cap and revenue sharing, the Steelers would not be able to compete. I wouldn't like that just as I don't like a small business being crushed by a corporations.

Again, I stand by my points. You don't understand business, and I can't help but label you the Poster Child for the Left. You're unarmed with facts, you just know things feel wrong. The media makes you believe Walmart is bad, and therefore, Walmart is bad...because they say so. You don't like small businesses losing to Walmart, because that's bad (apparently small stores losing out to Target, Sears, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Amazon is just fine). You want Opportunity to replace Walmart. You don't seem to understand the evolution of business, but you're wishing really hard for Utopia.

I can't help but picture you as a hippy from the 60s. All great ideals, Peace, Love, Free Love, Happiness....goals we should all strive for. Making those a reality are the challenge. As often is the case with these positions, the Left wishes for a business world that is "happier," equal, everyone-makes-the-same, no one's livelihood is threatened, and Darwin theories are omitted. Everyone is protected and every business gets to stay in business, regardless of what the market wants, economic policies, supply and demand. We're just going to wave our fairy wands and wish it to be so.

As they say, you wan wish in one hand and **** in the other. Come back to me and tell me which one fills up first.

RussianRainbowGathering_4Aug2005.jpg

Again, I stand by my points. You don't understand business, and I can't help but label you the Poster Child for the Left. You're unarmed with facts, you just know things feel wrong. The media makes you believe Walmart is bad, and therefore, Walmart is bad...because they say so. You don't like small businesses losing to Walmart, because that's bad (apparently small stores losing out to Target, Sears, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Amazon is just fine). You want Opportunity to replace Walmart. You don't seem to understand the evolution of business, but you're wishing really hard for Utopia.

I can't help but picture you as a hippy from the 60s. All great ideals, Peace, Love, Free Love, Happiness....goals we should all strive for. Making those a reality are the challenge. As often is the case with these positions, the Left wishes for a business world that is "happier," equal, everyone-makes-the-same, no one's livelihood is threatened, and Darwin theories are omitted. Everyone is protected and every business gets to stay in business, regardless of what the market wants, economic policies, supply and demand. We're just going to wave our fairy wands and wish it to be so.

As they say, you wan wish in one hand and **** in the other. Come back to me and tell me which one fills up first.

I understand business. So do Jerry Jones, Bob Kraft and Daniel Snyder. Would you be in favor of the NFL eliminating the salary cap and revenue sharing so they could teach the Rooneys a thing or two about the harsh realities of business? Jones, Kraft and Snyder sure would.

I understand business. So do Jerry Jones, Bob Kraft and Daniel Snyder. Would you be in favor of the NFL eliminating the salary cap and revenue sharing so they could teach the Rooneys a thing or two about the harsh realities of business? Jones, Kraft and Snyder sure would.

The NFL, like any other franchise, sets rules for its franchisees. If a couple of rich teams were awesome every year and the rest all sucked, no would watch it. If you want own a McDonald's you agree to abide by McDonald's rules in order to protect the McDonald's brand. What you're suggesting is it's not fair that the NFL, because it has been so successful at creating a popular brand, makes it impossible for the USFL to become very popular, and therefore it's bad and evil.