• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

WATCH: Steelers DT Cam Heyward Joins NFL Network to Talk Mitch Trubisky, Mike Tomlin, Connor Heyward and more

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Thursday, Pittsburgh Steelers defensive tackle and team captain, Cam Heyward joined the set on NFL Network. Heyward, 32, is entering his 12th year in the league, and not only will he be beginning his first season without Ben Roethlisberger under center, he also has a chance to play with his younger, Connor Heyward, who will be entering this year’s NFL Draft.

Cam sat with LaDainian Tomlinson, DeAngelo Hall and MJ Acosta-Ruiz to discuss these topics and a lot more, including his thoughts on the Steelers newest quarterback, Mitch Trubisky.

“When I came to the Pittsburgh Steelers it wasn’t just I was a part of history. I was joining Mike Tomlin, the best NFL coach to me.”@Steelers DT @CamHeyward is in studio to talk about Tomlin, and what defines him as a player pic.twitter.com/pl6MItpJKt

— NFL Network (@nflnetwork) April 8, 2022

“Mitch is a very different player than we’ve had,” Cam said. “He’s very mobile and he’s able to move around in the pocket. Ben was able to move around at a younger age, not anymore, I’m sorry Ben, but [laughs], these are different times. Mitch can get on the run, complete intermediate passes, and he’s going to be really good in the RPO game as well.”

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin continues to receive praise from around the league​

Cam also spoke very highly of Steelers head coach, Mike Tomlin. It seems like there’s just been this growing, ongoing theme about Tomlin of late that he’s just such an incredible leader, and guys truly do want to play for him. Want more could you want out of a man to lead your football team?

In regards to Tomlin, Cam was also asked about his favorite “Tomlinisms,” and he did not disappoint:

What is @CamHeyward’s favorite Tomlinism?⁰⁰Easy: “Don't blink or I’ll cut your eyelids off”.
😂
@Steelers | @NFLTotalAccess pic.twitter.com/ZtgrBemYFX

— NFL Network (@nflnetwork) April 8, 2022

The Steelers Band of brothers​

The Steelers franchise is well known for its family oriented values. Sometimes, they take that quite literally. From the Watt brothers, the Edmunds brothers, and the Davis brothers just to name a few, the Steelers aren’t shy about keeping it all in the family. With Cam’s younger brother Connor eligible as a possible late round draft pick for the Steelers, don’t be surprised if the Steelers add just another brother duo to the team.

Steelers brothers Derek and TJ Watt pose during team picture day. | Steelers.com

Steelers brothers Derek (right) and TJ Watt (left) pose during team picture day. | Steelers.com

“He is the jack of all trades… I think he can provide so many different avenues.”@CamHeyward shares what type of player his brother @ConnorHeyward1 is, and how he has been helping him through the @NFL scouting process. pic.twitter.com/rGj7g0q2RP

— NFL Network (@nflnetwork) April 7, 2022

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

"I was joining Mike Tomlin, the best NFL coach to me."

- Cam Heyward

That should get some blood pressure's on the rise. Cam is the man, but Tomlin got him drinking that kool-aid. Tomlin must have something we as fans don't see.