• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

We demand a higher minimum wage! But not for unions...

You need to look no further than this:

Gonzalez said the change sought by labor officials could pressure companies into letting employees unionize as a way to seek relief from the mandated wage hike.
"Once again, the soaring rhetoric of helping the working poor is just a cover for city government acting as a tool of organized labor," he said.

Gonzalez said the change sought by labor officials could pressure companies into letting employees unionize as a way to seek relief from the mandated wage hike.

"Once again, the soaring rhetoric of helping the working poor is just a cover for city government acting as a tool of organized labor," he said.

Nobody ever said labor union leaders were dumb...

Two things you will probably never hear used to describe labor union leaders: Dumb and above-board.

The other issue is that, the union leaders may ask for and get the exemption, but the result will be that they will get more union members and, suddenly, show up saying "These people are getting $15/hour, we demand that our members get paid 10% (or some such number) above that. If you don't agree, we will shut you down.

Union leaders use the minimum wage as a guide for their salary negotiations. It is the only, real reason they would support a minimum wage increase when, likely, few, if any, of their members actually make minimum wage.

so.....

we're demanding higher wages
we're lowering "failing" thresholds in schools
we're outsourcing more and more technology and tech-related jobs overseas
we're allowing a porous border to be even more porous
we're overcome with being politically correct in every conceivable facet of society

something looks wrong.

nah

so.....

we're demanding higher wages
we're lowering "failing" thresholds in schools
we're outsourcing more and more technology and tech-related jobs overseas
we're allowing a porous border to be even more porous
we're overcome with being politically correct in every conceivable facet of society

something looks wrong.

nah

Why must you bring your racist, misogynistic attitude into every goddamned thread?

Get someone to explain the meaning of misogynistic to you. Just because it defines you, doesn't mean you understand it.

My apologies. I'll take my race-bait elsewhere.

That's why about 30 years ago they gave up on organizing the private sector in favor of the low-hanging fruit of government employees.

I saw this and thought ......where is this ?....no matter.

Coming soon to a fast food store near you !

1Q5ECOp.jpg

Two things you will probably never hear used to describe labor union leaders: Dumb and above-board.

That's because they are run by my Ex-wifes Sicilian Monster cousins.