• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What a Good Democrat Christian Woman

I'm an atheist and just because I took a job as a Priest my boss wants me to hear confession and give communion. That's against my beliefs and the Bishop should accommodate me.

That's so stupid on so many levels that anyone attempting to justify the logic doesn't deserve due process of the present Constitution and organization of the High Courts and the Courts of Judicial Commissioners except provisions as to officers and servants of these courts. Preparation of authoritative texts in Hindi of all Central Acts and of Ordinances promulgated and Regulations made by the President and of all rules, regulations and orders made by the Central Government under such Acts, Ordinances and Regulations are held invalid

Sorry I'm late to the party. Here's my initial take, which supports my opposition to all of this - true equality.

In this woman's case, she feels she was wronged, based on honoring her religious Muslim beliefs.

Do you not see the inequalities going on here? In Kentucky, you have two gay guys from San Francisco, who flew around the country looking to pick a fight, to find someone who would refuse to wed them, just so they could create a **** storm. And they found her - Kim Davis, a Democrat. And the forced her to jail (or she herself, based on your position). AND the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) jumped in. They didn't defend her religious liberties, they defended the liberties of the gay males traveling the country specifically looking for this very fight. One could argue that in both instances, by its charter, the ACLU could/should step in on behalf of both Kim Davis (Democrat) or the gay couple. But they put their stake on protecting only one civil liberty...

Odd.

Now consider Charee Stanlee. This article articulates my belief best - the double standard that exists. When a double standard exists, there is no "equality" and there is no justice. Kim Davis (me, a Republican, supporting a Democrat), feels she's just another victim of the anti-Christian lynch mob):

http://buzzpo.com/tag/charee-stanley/

SEPTEMBER 4, 2015 by Jodi Swan

By now, most everyone knows the name Kim Davis. If you’re a conservative, you have probably applauded the Kentucky county clerk’s willingness to be jailed rather than violate her Christian faith by issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples. If you’re a liberal, you probably rejoiced when they threw her in a jail cell, laughed at her mug shot and ogled over every irrelevant piece of her past you could dig up.

But where was this liberal outrage when Muslim-American Charee Stanley also refused to perform her job for religious reasons? You probably don’t even know her name because the mainstream media left her alone, all while they searched for a Christian target, no doubt. Yet the ACLU stepped in to defend Charee. They couldn't be found defending Kim Davis' civil liberties.

Via Wounded American Warrior:

“I don’t think that I should have to choose between practicing my religion properly or earning a living. I shouldn’t have to choose between one or the other because they’re both important.”

That quote is not from Kim Davis. That quote is from Charee Stanley, a flight attendant who converted to Islam a month before taking the job where she was aware duties included serving alcohol. She refused to do her duties and serve the alcohol to passengers. She’s now suing the airline. Where’s the public lynch mob telling her she should not have accepted that position to begin with, if the duties violated her beliefs? Why isn’t she being told to just find another job? She’s not being thrown in jail. Actually, she will likely get a nice fat pay-day from all this.

So, on one side, we have a Christian county clerk opposed to same-sex unions refusing to issue marriage licences, and on the other, there’s a Muslim flight attendant opposed to serving alcohol. Both cite religious beliefs, which prevent them from doing their job, yet both are treated very differently. Kim Davis was arrested, held in contempt, and jailed. Charee Stanley is now suing the small airline, which was her employer.

While the liberal ACLU filed the motion against Kim Davis, leading to her arrest and imprisonment after U.S. District Court Judge David Bunning decided fines were not enough, stating her “good-faith belief is simply not a viable defense,” The Michigan chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) filed a discrimination complaint against ExpressJet Airlines for allegedly failing to accommodate the Muslim flight attendant — a complaint which is being taken very seriously.

“We have informed ExpressJet of its obligation under the law to reasonably accommodate Ms. Stanley’s religious accommodation request regarding service of alcohol,” Lena Masri, staff attorney for CAIR-Michigan said in a statement. This is a much different sentiment than what’s been said about accommodating Kim Davis’s religious beliefs at her place of employment. In addition, Stanley’s job duties were known when she took her position, unlike Kim Davis, who had her responsibilities change after the Supreme Court ruling.

Many will state the difference is that one position is a public office and the other is not. This too is flawed. According to Davis’s opposition, the fact she is an elected official changes what’s expected of her, and they therefore believe she should have resigned if she could no longer comply with her duties. However, if we want to talk about the proper way to handle an elected position, let’s discuss what Kim Davis should have faced. There should have been an immediate recall election. Why didn’t her opposition do this? Because they knew she’d likely be reelected. Therefore, does this not infringe on the rights of voters to choose their county officials? The appropriate procedure was circumvented in an attempt for the liberal left to demand their way.

Kim Davis has also been chastised due to her oath of office. Yet, politicians who also take an oath, including the Commander-in-Chief, are getting away with lawlessness at every turn. This is where we see hypocrisy at its finest. The most blatant display came from The White House, which said Davis was arrested because “nobody is above the law.” This leads me to a quote from presidential hopeful Ted Cruz: “Where is the call for President Obama to resign for defying our immigration laws, our welfare reform laws, and even his own Obamacare?”

I struggle to think of a dichotomy which better illustrates an alarming double standard within our society; namely, the fact that when a Christian stands up for their beliefs, they’re automatically a “bigot” and demonized by the media, meanwhile, when a Muslim does the same, they’re some sort of hero, no matter how radical their stance.

Thank you very much for bringing this up Ed.

in both of those situations the religious person is preventing other people from doing something. Religious freedom is about the individual's right to worship but never to force your prohibitions on others of a different belief.

I think this whole situation is stupid. First of all I thought church and state were supposed to be seperate.....Second Kim was put in place to do a job. If she can not do what she was elected for then she should step down and find a new line of work. What if a Muslim police officer refused to help a jewish person because it was against his religion? When your a public official you have to follow the laws of the land. You may not agree with them, but still need to do them or step down if you feel strongly enough against it.

As for the Muslim flight attendant, she took a job knowing that there is alcohol on planes. If she can not do her job duties then she should find another job.

I am sure most people here do something at work that they do not like or agree with, but if you dont do it chances are you will get in trouble. I think all this stuff is getting out of hand.

Someone of Fox gets it.

Her staff says they will defy her and keep issuing the licenses.

Did that result from her being jailed?

I think this whole situation is stupid. First of all I thought church and state were supposed to be seperate.....Second Kim was put in place to do a job. If she can not do what she was elected for then she should step down and find a new line of work. What if a Muslim police officer refused to help a jewish person because it was against his religion? When your a public official you have to follow the laws of the land. You may not agree with them, but still need to do them or step down if you feel strongly enough against it.

As for the Muslim flight attendant, she took a job knowing that there is alcohol on planes. If she can not do her job duties then she should find another job.

I am sure most people here do something at work that they do not like or agree with, but if you dont do it chances are you will get in trouble. I think all this stuff is getting out of hand.

The difference is that the clerk's job requirements changed after she was in office. The flight attendant?

Masri said the arrangement Stanley had with other attendants to serve alcohol for her had been working out fine since Stanley converted to Islam about a month after becoming a flight attendant for ExpressJet

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/muslim-flight-attendant-expressjet-airlines-alcohol/

Someone of Fox gets it.

There may be some bias there as Shep's gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Shepard Smith is gay? Really? Damn.

Didn't Shep get busted for pissing in public? He wears more makeup than Tammy Fay Baker.

in both of those situations the religious person is preventing other people from doing something. Religious freedom is about the individual's right to worship but never to force your prohibitions on others of a different belief.

Hmmmm...in Kim Davis' case, she was targeted by a couple of gays flying the country looking for someone to expose.

I do not believe the Muslim woman was targeted, was she?

It really does give meaning to the phrase "Gay Mafia."

Hmmmm...in Kim Davis' case, she was targeted by a couple of gays flying the country looking for someone to expose.

I do not believe the Muslim woman was targeted, was she?

It really does give meaning to the phrase "Gay Mafia."

targeted? Does that mean they nefariously asked her to do her job?

This is a new thing. Before the contempt the whole office refused. Davis could fire the clerks who defy her so it continues to be in the news until she gets that book deal.

So, they get fired for following the law and THEY get the lawsuit and book deal. I guess, my point is, that the whole thing could have been accomplished without putting the woman in jail. Once the issue was brought to light there is no ******* way one of the deputy clerks would be fired for issuing the license.

Again, must ado about nothing.

His claim is that the couple spent some time finding someone who wouldn't rather than going to someone they KNEW would do it. Sounds like targeting to me. Unless you dispute his premise.

His claim is that the couple spent some time finding someone who wouldn't rather than going to someone they KNEW would do it. Sounds like targeting to me. Unless you dispute his premise.

Like sitting at the counter of the diner that won't serve your kind when you can eat elsewhere.

Please Vis, enough with the spin. It's pathetic. She was targeted. It's a fact that the gay couple traveled the country looking for a clerk who'd refuse them a marriage license. They found one. It took them awhile. Once they found her, she became their target. Their goal was to find, expose, humiliate, and ruin someone.

Compassion and tolerance.

Please Vis, enough with the spin. It's pathetic. She was targeted. It's a fact that the gay couple traveled the country looking for a clerk who'd refuse them a marriage license. They found one. It took them awhile. Once they found her, she became their target. Their goal was to find, expose, humiliate, and ruin someone.

How is she ruined? She's famous and loving it. Candidates are fighting to be seen with her. She'll be a millionaire. Now, if she fires a deputy clerk for issuing licenses on Monday she might need that money. All because she won't do the simple functionary task of certifying that the applicants meet the legal requirements to marry. She never had to say it met her religious requirements at all.

Like sitting at the counter of the diner that won't serve your kind when you can eat elsewhere.

Not true, at all, because your analogy is ridiculous. I know you think we are as dumb as the juries you must face, but, honestly, you know that isn't true. Well, except for Supe and Coolie.

A better analogy: You live in Kentucky. You drive to Tennessee for no reason other than to find a diner that won't serve you. You check several diners, but they all serve you so you don't eat there. You keep looking. You find a diner where one waiter won't serve you. Maybe that waiter is in a position to fire the other waiters, so the other waiters are skittish. If you throw in that it is 19fucking50 where the internet doesn't exist, it is a bigger problem.

As it is in the scenario that actually has occured, the people can still get their license and/or the guy can still be served.

Not true, at all, because your analogy is ridiculous. I know you think we are as dumb as the juries you must face, but, honestly, you know that isn't true. Well, except for Supe and Coolie.

A better analogy: You live in Kentucky. You drive to Tennessee for no reason other than to find a diner that won't serve you. You check several diners, but they all serve you so you don't eat there. You keep looking. You find a diner where one waiter won't serve you. Maybe that waiter is in a position to fire the other waiters, so the other waiters are skittish. If you throw in that it is 19fucking50 where the internet doesn't exist, it is a bigger problem.

As it is in the scenario that actually has occured, the people can still get their license and/or the guy can still be served.

If there is only one bigoted location violating the law in all the country and everyone could avoid it, that violation should still be stopped and there should be consequences be it for diners or county offices.

I'll make the analogy again. If the NRA sends people to find a pacifist police station clerk that refuses to process firearm applications, good. I don't give a flying **** how the process was brought about. I want that public servant to serve the public how the law dictates. She was targeted because she's a ******* idiot.