• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What are the odds Cam proves worth $22 mill in 2024?

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
I say about 0. You need to address that waste of $ too, Kahn; we are not done adding cap space or talent. So what if Shades made a promise he can't keep, give Cam the deserved haircut. So what if Cam gives Tomlin-peak all the time, he is not worth that $22 mill of cap space. And Fitz is making too much as well. You can find at least $10 mill of cap space between those two. Do it.

Smart move is just get him off the books this year. Either by cut or just pay him snd move on next. Stop pushing the money down the road. I feel there is a number where he couldn't do better being cut and taking a knee year deal somewhere else but apparently he isnt interested.

Why does Cam get a pass. His salary is more than his worth at the moment. Ask him to take a PAY CUT or be cut. We will see how much he LOVES his bestest HC then. Omar needs to realize these are the hard decisions that have to be made for the betterment of the team. Get to work Omar.

Cam is not worth near the cap hit. Best years behind him and at 35 should take a cut if he wants to remain here. That money could be used to sign more productive talent.
Steelers must learn to not hold on to these guys when they’re past their primes for these ridiculous prices.

I'll say. Lloyd...did Cam refuse you an autograph or shiit in your front yard or something?
No, I just care about my favorite team making wise decisions to put the best team on the field as possible. I know, I know, I'm a bit of a "throw back" that way. What can I say?

Why does Cam get a pass. His salary is more than his worth at the moment. Ask him to take a PAY CUT or be cut. We will see how much he LOVES his bestest HC then. Omar needs to realize these are the hard decisions that have to be made for the betterment of the team. Get to work Omar.
Right there in bold. I agree he should take a cut to help the team. It's that crap in bold. Is it about the money and the cap hit, or are you just all pissed cause he likes Tomlin?

No, I just care about my favorite team making wise decisions to put the best team on the field as possible. I know, I know, I'm a bit of a "throw back" that way. What can I say?
As I have said to you before, it is so early in this process yet. Maybe I will agree with you more if at the beginning of Sept he is here at 22 million. His salary at this point is not keeping them from signing anybody.

It really warms my heart when other fans "get it." Thank you, Stillwright. You can bet your bottom $ that if the roles were reversed and Cam was 27-years-old and a 35-year-old was about to count $22 mill against the cap, he'd be all about the 35-year-old taking less $ to "help out the team" as he was when Ben's $ really high. Oh what, Cam, your opinion changes when it's YOUR $ we are talking about? I see. Hypocrisy is alive and well. And Shades stands for a part-time, 35-year-old player counting $22 mill against the cap? Oh, what a "buddy buddy" that Shades is.

Cam is not worth near the cap hit. Best years behind him and at 35 should take a cut if he wants to remain here. That money could be used to sign more productive talent.
Steelers must learn to not hold on to these guys when they’re past their primes for these ridiculous prices.
What are we...3 days into FA? Who would you sign right now that they can't sign because of Cam's salary? You have to look at big picture. Obviously, the most important thing to them was ILB. They got that done. Not sure they would sign a guy like Simmons and tie up that much money at safety as someone else pointed out. Maybe a center? With the move for Queen I think if they really wanted one of those guys they'd have made it happen. Again, if we are sitting here in Sept with him at that number, ok, I will see your point.

Right there in bold. I agree he should take a cut to help the team. It's that crap in bold. Is it about the money and the cap hit, or are you just all pissed cause he likes Tomlin?
Why can't you grasp it's because of both? How is it that hard to understand? If BOTH contribute to the team being lesser than it could be, then what's wrong with disliking both? I want to know.

I'm in your camp but we heard you the first thousand times. I know it's the off season but c'mon man

It really warms my heart when other fans "get it." Thank you, Stillwright. You can bet your bottom $ that if the roles were reversed and Cam was 27-years-old and a 35-year-old was about to count $22 mill against the cap, he'd be all about the 35-year-old taking less $ to "help out the team" as he was when Ben's $ really high. Oh what, Cam, your opinion changes when it's YOUR $ we are talking about? I see. Hypocrisy is alive and well. And Shades stands for a part-time, 35-year-old player counting $22 mill against the cap? Oh, what a "buddy buddy" that Shades is.
It's...MARCH. Let it play out. There is so much happening. Players are getting cut as salary cap casualties. Maybe a guy gets cut...like the name you mentioned...Brian Allen at center, who I know nothing about but perhaps he is worth it...and they do something with Cam's salary. Why rush it if not necessary yet? Just to satisfy you?

What are we...3 days into FA? Who would you sign right now that they can't sign because of Cam's salary? You have to look at big picture. Obviously, the most important thing to them was ILB. They got that done. Not sure they would sign a guy like Simmons and tie up that much money at safety as someone else pointed out. Maybe a center? With the move for Queen I think if they really wanted one of those guys they'd have made it happen. Again, if we are sitting here in Sept with him at that number, ok, I will see your point.
OK, I'll accept that. Let's just see what unfolds. I have an idea they are nervously awaiting a change of heart with Cam, "hoping" he lands on what's right on his own.

Why can't you grasp it's because of both? How is it that hard to understand? If BOTH contribute to the team being lesser than it could be, then what's wrong with disliking both? I want to know.
Because of the childish crap you write. It's like I am reading the ramblings of a 14 year old. Can't you just stick to the main idea, which in theory I do not disagree with? Why add all the other stuff?

I am not pissed at all. Cam stated numerous times over the years how he loves Tomlin. That he doesn't ever want to play for another HC. All I stated was tell Cam we need you to reduce your salary or we will cut you. You don't think his love for Tomlin would factor in whether he agrees to the pay cut or doesn't?

It's...MARCH. Let it play out. There is so much happening. Players are getting cut as salary cap casualties. Maybe a guy gets cut...like the name you mentioned...Brian Allen at center, who I know nothing about but perhaps he is worth it...and they do something with Cam's salary. Why rush it if not necessary yet? Just to satisfy you?
Yes, you nailed it: I want them to rush only to satisfy me. You got me there. That is my only concern. It's not because Cam went on record to didactly and passionately express how he won't play for a dollar less than his contract states, being 35-years-old and a part-time player. It's not because such an attitude conflicts with his previous take on Ben playing for less. Naa, my concern is only because I want them to only satisfy me, and that's the whole picture. You got me there. I think all team decisions should be based on satisfying my personal wants, not on doing what's best for the team. Nope.

Because of the childish crap you write. It's like I am reading the ramblings of a 14 year old. Can't you just stick to the main idea, which in theory I do not disagree with? Why add all the other stuff?
I haven't added anything that you didn't bring up yourself. And then your query gets answered and you're all like "Why do you bring up other crap?" If Tomlin is part of the problem of Cam not re-negotiating his deal, then he's part of the problem. Get it? Someone made Cam quite confident to give his "I'm not playing for a dollar less than my contract states" after he didactically lectured on Ben taking less to help the team.

OK, I'll accept that. Let's just see what unfolds. I have an idea they are nervously awaiting a change of heart with Cam, "hoping" he lands on what's right on his own.
Who are you quoting saying "hoping"

Might have brought in one of the Centers. We don't know. The thing is I don't think they will ask him to take a pay cut. They will probably simply kick the can down the road a bit farther with a signing bonus.

Yes, you nailed it: I want them to rush only to satisfy me. You got me there. That is my only concern. It's not because Cam went on record to didactly and passionately express how he won't play for a dollar less than his contract states, being 35-years-old and a part-time player. It's not because such an attitude conflicts with his previous take on Ben playing for less. Naa, my concern is only because I want them to only satisfy me, and that's the whole picture. You got me there. I think all team decisions should be based on satisfying my personal wants, not on doing what's best for the team. Nope.
Have you just started paying attention to football and how it works? Is this your first rodeo? It's a game. Players do this all the time. It's the give and take. I don't blame Cam for saying that at this point. If you were going in to your boss for a salary discussion, would you start the conversation by saying..."Hey, give me a pay cut?" Let it play out. Perhaps you will be vindicated. But there is a long way to go.

I haven't added anything that you didn't bring up yourself. And then your query gets answered and you're all like "Why do you bring up other crap?" If Tomlin is part of the problem of Cam not re-negotiating his deal, then he's part of the problem. Get it? Someone made Cam quite confident to give his "I'm not playing for a dollar less than my contract states" after he didactically lectured on Ben taking less to help the team.
Why the " buddy buddy" stuff? Do you really think that plays a part? Did it play a part for Troy? How about Ben? Both perhaps wanted to play longer. Or are you gonna say they weren't his buddies? I remember both praising Tomlin quite a bit. You have no proof that it does play a role. It is just bullshiit speculation.

I have said it to you before, you make some good points. But then we have to digress into childish nonsense with the buddy buddy routine.

Have you just started paying attention to football and how it works? Is this your first rodeo? It's a game. Players do this all the time. It's the give and take. I don't blame Cam for saying that at this point. If you were going in to your boss for a salary discussion, would you start the conversation by saying..."Hey, give me a pay cut?" Let it play out. Perhaps you will be vindicated. But there is a long way to go.
No, I've already established that I think the team should make moves based on what I want, when I want it. Isn't that a realistic way to go with this fandom thing?