• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What are the odds Cam proves worth $22 mill in 2024?

Cam has something going for him, motivation of the all mighty dollar.

In the article he says he will be playing his contract out and hopes to stay inj Pittsburgh the rest of his career.

He also states if he has to he will play elsewhere, but doesn’t want that.

Article here on home page steelernation.com

Salute the nation
A nothingburger of an article. Cam has one year left on his contract for more money than he is worth. He played this entire game so the Steelers wouldn't approach him for a paycut is my guessing. Cam will.play out the season and hit the open market. I am sure if the Steelers are interested they will offer him fair market value for a 36 yo player. He can then choose where to go. Looks like he will get his $16 mill this year. Hopefully he somehow stays healthy and has an above average year. Or perhaps a career year. 🤥 Go get them Cam!!!!!

A nothingburger of an article. Cam has one year left on his contract for more money than he is worth. He played this entire game so the Steelers wouldn't approach him for a paycut is my guessing. Cam will.play out the season and hit the open market. I am sure if the Steelers are interested they will offer him fair market value for a 36 yo player. He can then choose where to go. Looks like he will get his $16 mill this year. Hopefully he somehow stays healthy and has an above average year. Or perhaps a career year. 🤥 Go get them Cam!!!!!

I always want our players to succeed, despite the circumstances behind the player.

I think this will be Cam’s last year here, and in active contributor in football play. I thinbk he can hang on another year or two, but not as a full starter. He has a 50/50 chance of not missing games this year and those odds go down as time dredges along.

So far his approach to a new contract has worked, he hasn’t had a pay cut and will pocket a cool 22 mil, not bad for a possible last season. Anything future is gravely at the end of his career.

NOTE: I am definitely glad he was / is a Steelers player, enjoyed his play tremendously.

Salute the nation

I always want our players to succeed, despite the circumstances behind the player.

I think this will be Cam’s last year here, and in active contributor in football play. I thinbk he can hang on another year or two, but not as a full starter. He has a 50/50 chance of not missing games this year and those odds go down as time dredges along.

So far his approach to a new contract has worked, he hasn’t had a pay cut and will pocket a cool 22 mil, not bad for a possible last season. Anything future is gravely at the end of his career.

NOTE: I am definitely glad he was / is a Steelers player, enjoyed his play tremendously.

Salute the nation
Cam is one of my all time favorite Steelers - not just his play but his leadership and toughness and embracing what it is to be a Steeler. To me, he embodies what it is to be a Steeler and he has done his best to pass that along to the young guns over the years. Last year he fought through injuries and by accounts returned to the field much earlier than he should have and it clearly impacted his play. You can not teach his level of toughness, game knowledge and mentorship to the young 'uns. I am thrilled to have him back for another season even if he can't bounce back to his peak form. The money is irrelevant to me - it isn't my money and it isn't preventing the team from acquiring talent. His comments about playing elsewhere are tame compared to other past players hold outs and comments. Honestly, the man just spoke his mind and it reflected his love of the game. He just wants to keep playing. Nothing wrong with that.

The Grand Poobah will enjoy his last season even if he is past his prime. I will be sad if he plays elsewhere, but when the time comes, he retires a Steeler with all my respect and admiration.

Cams career is clearly winding down. Hope to not see him in another uniform. Hopefully they agree to a deal next year that is fair to both sides.

Funny story in Cams rookie training camp. We were there a few days. Vet offensive lineman were complaining thst cam was going all out in practice. Have loved him from that day

Cams career is clearly winding down. Hope to not see him in another uniform. Hopefully they agree to a deal next year that is fair to both sides.

Funny story in Cams rookie training camp. We were there a few days. Vet offensive lineman were complaining thst cam was going all out in practice. Have loved him from that day

I remember that as well, can’t go wrong In that respect.

Salute the nation

Cam is one of my all time favorite Steelers - not just his play but his leadership and toughness and embracing what it is to be a Steeler. To me, he embodies what it is to be a Steeler and he has done his best to pass that along to the young guns over the years. Last year he fought through injuries and by accounts returned to the field much earlier than he should have and it clearly impacted his play. You can not teach his level of toughness, game knowledge and mentorship to the young 'uns. I am thrilled to have him back for another season even if he can't bounce back to his peak form. The money is irrelevant to me - it isn't my money and it isn't preventing the team from acquiring talent. His comments about playing elsewhere are tame compared to other past players hold outs and comments. Honestly, the man just spoke his mind and it reflected his love of the game. He just wants to keep playing. Nothing wrong with that.

The Grand Poobah will enjoy his last season even if he is past his prime. I will be sad if he plays elsewhere, but when the time comes, he retires a Steeler with all my respect and admiration.
Really? I don't think he was a great leader. Now with him going public with wanting an extension(all could have been done behind closed doors). It is laughable. Glad we will have him for one more season. Sure. We are thin at the position. Over paid? Yep. Agreed ...it isn't my money either. I would have hoped Omar would have played hardball or even (wiffleball) with Cam with a take it or leave pay cut scenario.....simply because it is their money and that is his JOB. Cam had zero leverage with all of the stuff he spewed. In the end he got what he wanted. His entire 2024 salary. Which was the real reason for his play this offseason about a contract extension. Apparently his play worked. Cam will get his money. Hopefully he has a great year.

What are the odds Cam is worth 22 million?

What would it take to be worth the 16 mil of this year’s wages for cam?

5.5 sacks / 41 solo, 68 total tackles / 1 FF / 1 F-recovery / 1 pas defend, 3-batted / 14 game started

Would that justify his 16 mil ?

Salute the nation

What are the odds Cam is worth 22 million?

What would it take to be worth the 16 mil of this year’s wages for cam?

5.5 sacks / 41 solo, 68 total tackles / 1 FF / 1 F-recovery / 1 pas defend, 3-batted / 14 game started

Would that justify his 16 mil ?

Salute the nation
Depends.....does a Lombardi trophy also come with it?

C’mon you know the standard is 9 wins…does a 9 win season come with it???

If so, worth every penny 🤣

Can’t get enough of not being below .500

.500 + club

I wonder if this would be a popular club ?

Salute the nation

I know you guys do not really know this. But Tomlin has never had a losing season. which means Cam has never had a winning season

The way I see and HEAR it, is currently Cam is 0-0 for 22 mil. He himself says he is on the rise and wants to contribute to the “above .500” legacy for 2-3 yrs.

Salute the nation

The way I see and HEAR it, is currently Cam is 0-0 for 22 mil. He himself says he is on the rise and wants to contribute to the “above .500” legacy for 2-3 yrs.

Salute the nation

hash-ac2a32869ac74231f80aca90d81859fe

Cam puts bacon on his cheeseburgers. How anyone can devalue that to less than 16M is beyond me.