• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What Could a Trade for Deshaun Watson Look Like for the Steelers?

Texans can wish in one hand and **** in the other though. They don't control where Watson is going. That no trade clause is a big anchor around their ability to cut any deals.
Not saying Pittsburgh is the only place he'd agree to; but, if he doesn't want to go to Seattle, they can't force him to. So, it's find a nice deal with a team he wants to go to, eat his salary or release him. Those are the Texans' options. Knowing that, a team that he wants to go to would be foolish to bet the farm on this kid.

Have you heard if he wants to go to PITTSBURGH ?

I wouldn't break the draft capital or the bank. Just because he is "cleared" doesn't mean he is in the clear. Civil suit on the way.

Salute the nation

Seattle makes the most sense with what they just acquired. They have picks and players. Another pipe dream for the Steelers. Just will not happen.

Have you heard if he wants to go to PITTSBURGH ?

I wouldn't break the draft capital or the bank. Just because he is "cleared" doesn't mean he is in the clear. Civil suit on the way.

Salute the nation
Personally, I haven't heard. Some guy named Shaun King has been hollering since Wednesday that Watson wants to come to the Steelers and that the Steelers want him to.

So let me explain exactly where Houston’s leverage level is

1. Watson wants out… he did before all the rest of the **** happened

2. Watson has a full no trade clause in his contract

3 his contract has a void clause after 2023 he can enact, so its just two years they control.

4 cutting him or trading him without reworking that contract costs them 51 million against the cap.. inactivating him costs them 40 million

So they need him to agree and the team taking him to take on a lot of the already paid money

They also kind of have to move him right now for the contract to be worth anything, because him on a one year deal has less value

Now here is the problem, the dude instantly becomes the face of the franchise he goes to and he absolutely is going to cause a negative pr backlash… like say the Steelers get him… they aren’t selling many pink watson jerseys… and with ticket sales and viewership waning across tge league, many teams wont see past that…

Houston has kept a high asking price on him for a year now… nobody is willing to bite… that was true even before charges were ever considered… if he isnt traded by camp they are getting screwed.. they have no interest in him playing for them. He can just sit back and refuse any trade… which honestly if the guy is smart he wont let them take a high payday and handicap the team he is going to…

Madinsomniac with all that being said, I hope like hell the STEELERS stay clear. If he makes the Oilers let him go in the cheap version, I still hope we stay clear until we get our team in order.

If Tomlin is fighting to remain coach and doesn't want retirement, he will persue Watson because of the skill set he brings. If Watson remains out of the "PLAYING" part of QB the longer he sits the longer it will take for him to get up to speed if he can regain that speed / skill.

Salute the nation

A couple of questions. Is Watson really as good as they are making him out to be? What has he actually done? Off the top of my head, I'd take Mahommes, Allen, and Burrows ahead of Watson in the AFC and I am sure there are a couple more. And, 2nd, this entire ordeal shows a pattern of shady situations he puts himself in. I mean who gets massages that often with hot babes? Is anyone dumb enough to think he didn't pay for a happy ending or two or three, which is a crime? I'm just throwing this out there because if it were my team, this guy just can't be trusted. Ben got a 6 game suspension for 2 accusations that never even went to a grand jury as there was no evidence. His was reduced to 4. Watson has to be facing at least 8 games and it should be more than that. There is just no way I'd be giving up 2 or 3 1st round picks for this guy.

He still has multiple civil suits against him and a possible suspension. I don’t think it happens. It would be a bad look for a team that went through Roethlisberger’s ordeal to sign Watson.

I’m betting on the Panthers if he moves at all…they’re desperate AF and were actually ready to make a deal with legal issues still pending last year (if reports were accurate).

Reports are they want 6 assets...3 #1's & then 3 players and/or picks....

I just think his past will be a distraction otherwise I would be more interested
I say either those reports are bullshit or the Texans are full blown delusional. Watson was never worth even close to that prior to his possible suspension.

has anyone seen any reports other than the two jackasses on espn claim the Steelers have any interest in trading for Watson?

I say either those reports are bullshit or the Texans are full blown delusional. Watson was never worth even close to that prior to his possible suspension.
Oh he was worth it… id put him in the top five of younger qbs… first off he will be 27 this season… joe burrow, for example, will be 26…and he has four years (well 3 1/2) starting besides last season where he was inactive

The guy has a better td% and the same int % as burrow. He is a better rusher than burrows but every bit the passer… he has played behind a notoriously terrible pass blocking oline too…

This is a true franchise qb at a young age available…

Now what that says about everything else going on with him I’ll just let everyone draw their own conclusions….