• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What "unique" STEELERS stuff have yaz got ?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I've got a few very different type things and I'll list a couple

I bought this little tin airplane from a vender at the field for $5.00, its about 8" long aybe 4" high + wing span. The story- It was somewhere in the mid 90's I came out to a game and obviously walking around here this guy had a little outside stadium trinket souvenir shop. I seen this old airplane just hanging sort of like a decoration way in the back. I said how much for the plane and said $20.00. I said way to much and kept walking he then said $15.00, I said to much and he said what would Ipay..... I said $5.00. He laughed and I said it would still be here when he heads home. He said stop by after the game and if it's still here, he'd sell for the $5.00.

You guessed it, it was there and he honored our agreement. It's pretty kewl and in the late 50's vinue.

I know these where pretty popular but I've never seen anyone who actually owned one. It's an actual football helmet with a yard sprinkler in it. The impact kind. I purchased two of them while I was on the strip and actually used one for watering the lawn........ BIG mistake as it rusted / deteriorated out and crumble to nothing. I still have the second one and ONLY have it for good, not watering.

I've got more and I'll list some but Lets' hear about some unique things other's have in their colletion.

Salute the nation

Last edited:
I have two team issued sweatsuits.
One from the reebok days and another sweatsuit set when the nfl went with nike in 2012.

I have a team issued special teams t shirt as well

Exceedingly rare autographed photo of Duce Staley in a Steelers uniform actually running with the football.

Exceedingly rare autographed photo of Duce Staley in a Steelers uniform actually running with the football.

WhoAley flying Batman crap, that is a rarrity.

Salute the nation

Hines Ward signed mini-helmet and another mini signed by John L Williams, Ernie Mills, Richard Shelton and longtime scout Bruce McNorton.

My wife's cousin got me the Hines Ward helmet. He's a big seller of sports and movie memorabilia.

The other helmet was signed in person at a golf charity event that my amazing wife bought surprise tickets for. They all came to see my band!

Larry Foote didn't show up. The other attending Steelers said he was hungover, lol.

Mean Joe was supposed to be there but his wife got ill, so he went home. She passed soon after.:cry:

I also have photos of me and my wife wearing Bruce's 2 Super Bowl rings...pretty damn cool. Best wife ever.

Last edited:
I have a mug with a round cut out piece of used Three Rivers Stadium astro turf sealed in the bottom of it.

I ran into Coach Chuck Noll and his wife in a little beaches sovereign shop down here in Florida. This was a few years after he retired. That was probably the coolest thing for me because it was most improbable.

I have one of those Giant Eagle posters of the 75th NFL team with signatures of all 6 members. I had 2, but gave one to my brother. I sent them through the US Mail, and wasn’t sure I would ever see them again. I got them back after about 14 months, I was really surprised. I had enclosed money for postage, and started with Woodson, as I had a very slight connection. Turns out he then sent it to someone else, who then sent it to Mean Joe, who got the others. When I get my new shop done, it will finally have a spot to display it.

I also have a Dan Rooney signed original SteelerNation T-shirt. As well as the memory of him saying “I thought they were supposed to quit printing those T-shirts”.

Last edited:
Besides the rare Duce Staley photo....
Autographed Jerome Bettis mini helmet.
Autographed poster sized framed photo of Jack Lambert. Also rare because he doesn't sign a lot of stuff.
Autographed copy of "False Glory", Steve Courson's book. I got it for my dad, he passed last year so now I have it. He was having a book signing not far from where I worked at the time.
Hines Ward bobblehead that looks nothing like Hines Ward.
Numerous Terrible Towels including one from La Botticella, the Steelers Bar in Rome with the Coliseum on it.
A couple of La Botticella t-shirts.

I have two unopened commemorative Heinz Field Ketchup bottles. The Ketchup turned brown though. I wonder if it's still safe to eat?:confused1:

Give it a try and let us know the outcome.......................................J/K

Salute the nation

A friend of mine found a '70s era lamp in an antique/flea shop in Frackville, PA and bought it for me. It's got the helmet with the gray two bar facemask. Still has the original shade.

I had about a 6 pack of Iron City with one of the Super Bowl teams on it. Cans were full. Well, when I was in high school we were out plinking with the .22s and I remembered those full cans. In the fog of teenage stupidity I grabbed those cans, shook them up and then shot them. They did fly all over the place. But then I realized what I did.

Arounf 2001-3 I was in pittsburgh for a game and my best friend came with me. We had a great time everything we did both day and night. One night we ate at the "CHURCH" and it was later in the evening. I don't know Pittsburgh directions very well but I think we went to the south side and walked the street. Several shops and buisnesses later, we strole into what apperaed to be a second hand store. We were looking around (for steelers stuff for me). I found about 6-10 of these small decals and they looked old. The owner dude said they were 60's-ish and sold the to me for $.25 cents each. He said lets go down in the basement and He just knew he had more decal type steelers stuff & he just had to find it. ....Eventually we found the small box and low and behold he had i'd gues about 80-100 of these small 1 1/2" x 1 1/2 iron on steeler emblem decals. Vintage 50's. He sold me the whole box for $10.00.

I've given most away and a lot have been to kids. Very cool little experience and pretty kewl little decals. (remeber they were very old and not like todays iron stuff. this stuff had to cook for awhile and the decal was like a 1/4" thick.

My friend said I was just wasting my money but they turned out to be a great find.

Salute the nation

I've got a lifetime of colleting and a lot of stuff. Action packer after action packer full. Some everyday crap but some rare finds. I'll keep posting now and again of some of the stuff if anyone is interested.

I quit collecting about 8 years ago and will ONLYbuy something very rarely on occasion. I fell in love with the young JuJu and actually bought a home jersey of his, rookie year. That is the last item steelers wise I have purchased to my memory. Maybe a trinket here and there.

Salute the nation

I have kids Steelers helmet with the old two bar style face mask that I got for Christmas in 78 or 79.

Rod Woodson, Greg Lloyd autographed football my brother got me for Christmas in 93 or 94.

SuperSteelers book by Lou Sahadi with autographs from LC Greenwood and Tony Dungy.

Chuck Noll: His Life’s Work book autographed by Michael McCambridge.

Jack Lambert signed a white tshirt of mine back in the 70s. I wore it till it fell apart. kept the signature part of the tshirt. still have it. it is barely readable, but I know what it says.

I have two team issued sweatsuits.
One from the reebok days and another sweatsuit set when the nfl went with nike in 2012.

I have a team issued special teams t shirt as well

I still have Steelers apparel going back to when Starter had the license to manufacture their stuff. I remember seeing a website out there that details the history of NFL teams' individual licensing agreements with all sorts of companies (Russell, Champion, Wilson, etc) prior to the 2002 exclusive agreement between Reebok and the league (save for Jerry Jones, IIRC). I also have an "authentic" sewn Lambert "Mitchell & Ness" jersey that I got for under $50 on ebay. From an authentic seller... overseas...

Signed and Framed Jersey of Hines Ward.

Autographed copy of Fighting Back.

and i have this hat,, that i rarely put on,,, maybe if i get drunk enough..
FFT_FH631_CA.jpg

About 20 years ago, my wife was working in the medical department of a local detention facility. Franco Harris was on some kind of promotional tour for a food packaging company that sold to facilities like that one, I think. Anyway, the day before my wife says he's coming by tomorrow and there may be a meet & greet. I loaded her up with a Steeler baseball-type jersey, a backpack, a cheap kids' football, & a kids t-shirt. Still have all that stuff except the shirt.