• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What "unique" STEELERS stuff have yaz got ?

I have a letter typed and handwritten note from Art Rooney to the Green Bay Packers 1975 and season tickets not used for 1978
what do they say in them ????

Salute the nation

Way way back when Hienz Field was being constructed there were a lot of question on design and appearance.

My story starts about slightly before or just after completion.

My very dear friend Jeff (we meet in 1980 so long time friend) and I always talked STEELERS football through out our lives, both the highs and the lows. He came from maryland and despised the ravens because all his relation are bird fans. They raz him heavily but no fear he has me to help him conive counter attachs.

Jeff was back home visiting and found out his brother in-law's company was doing the eletronics of the score board. Jeff asked if he had blue prints and if he could get the cover page from the set of prints. The brother in-law teased but jeff was able to get it (3 month process as the in-law went through the channels of his boss' ok etc.). He told the In-law it wasn't for him but was for this huge STEELERS fan back in _____________(state). The brother in-law finally agreed and on a trip out there Jeff brought it back home.

Jeff is my #1 salesman to sell me supplies (I own a small plumbing / HVAC company). He came to call on me that week and told me the whole story and actually gave me that "ORIGINAL" cover page. It is in great shape and so very kewl beans. I was exstatic and couldn't believe my eyes or his generosity.

I thanked him profuesly and he knew in his heart how much that meant to me and how I would cherish it. I took it over to this print shop that had a big enough copier to make full size (NO % resizing to fit). I had six copies made. OBVIOUSLY I gave a copy to Jeff immeadiately. I used one copy to show everyone (friends / sports bar / etc.) and that one got beat up, but that is why Iused it and not the original.

That left me 4 copies for me to give away (but 1 I'm keeping a copy for myself as well). I have only found one STEELERS fan deemed to get a copy. I don't care who you are or the depth of your fandom but this friend deserved to have what I deem as an ultimate STEELERS souvenier. I know and hope he cherishes it as I know how happy he was when he reieved it. I was so happy to give it to him similar as my friend JEFF was happy to give me the original.

I consider this one of my top STEELERS parsphernalia as it was used in the construction and many hands in that process of use.

I havent had it framed yet as I haven't found any frame shops capable of framing it properly. They all want to use a wood frame or a mahined plain metal and no consideration of the actual product being framed. I recently finished a nice project shop for me with in floor heat and the works. I plan on making it next winter's project and custom build a frame with STEELERS emblems / team acolades / player numbers / coaches etc incorperated into it. If my plan comes to frutition, I'll try to get a picture posted here (this site). Believe me I'll be here as I'm a life'R.

Thank you to all who read and "feel" me in this episode of STEELERS mania.

Salute the nation

I haven't had it framed yet as I
Yeah I have this blueprint I want to get framed soon. Custom frames at this one place is pricey so we were hoping for a sale. But they usually don't discount the custom frames. So probably get the next size up and get it with some backing.

😉

I came across these the other day

My daughter lives in Tuson AZ and sent these to me about a year ago

They are two box's of individual sandwich baggies. The box has STEELERS logo but each bag does as well. AMAZING and when she sent them she said she bought all they had (2-boxs) and asked the manager about them and if they had anymore............... He said they were a mistake batch and the emblem wasn't suppose to go on the individual bag. His store is NO major store but a small overstock sell off type place. Evidently these were treated as just that,....... a mistake.

MY GAIN !!!

Salute the nation

I have a mentally competent AB signed jersey...

I have a Tommy Maddox signed "Greg LLoyd" jersey. I haven't showed it to Gregg LLoyd but .................................

Salute the nation