• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What "unique" STEELERS stuff have yaz got ?

may not be unique but I have a football signed by Ernie Holmes, Dwight White, LC Greenwood and Joe Greene

That is so kewl beans.!!!! Awesome for sure and Imean that.

Salute the nation

Photo of me and Franco outside Heinz...
Terry Bradshaw rookie card in mint condition
DMR commemorative patch that was worn by players after his death.
Numbered and certified special Super Bowl football with Hines and Ben's autograph on it!
and memories, especially of the 70's when the Steelers meant much more than sports entertainment to us Yinzers!
:)

I have a photo of me ASFranco bending over to catch the immaculate reception,........... got it at the PITTSBURGHAirport.................. :)

Salute the nation

I will give $6.01
I hate being outdone $6.02

All the above are cheap ****-ers

not unique... I will go $8.00 and will throw in a free ponytail trim

You're upping the offer but hoping to run your fingers through the ponytail.......

200 Pesos and all day use of the Luxury S10.

First, I don't have the conversion of peso to dollar but anticipate is being less than $20.00.

Second, YOU don't have authorization to barter the LUXURY S10, unless you own one and then there is the fact is's not nearly as notorious as the original. That in itself makes your bid even less valuable.

My offer

Free, 3 servings of the famous 5lb. slice of bacon cooked to perfection,

3 free 22.3 mile course runs in the LUXURY S10 (seperate runs if wear the diaper but continous runs if with out)

$28.78 of pure CASH on a barrel (empty pickle barrel but not vintage)

Salute the nation

OK, here is a unique story with steeler stuff.

This happened in the mid 2000's (6 or7)

Went to that T'shirt shop in the strip, the street level that has every T'shirt you can imagine. I got to talking to the owner and he was great. Once he found out how far I traveled to see the game and enjoy the STEELERS / City he said he had a special room/man cave to show me. I can't remeber if it was up stairs or down stairs but it was a small room with un-real steeler apparel and hard stuff. He said if I see anything to ask him price. I bought a really nice vintage jersey expensive $400.00 (lost lugage on trip home).

He also told me this room wasn't public shopping and only people like me, with passion are who he would personally show. 3 years later a fellow STEELERS friend from here went out and I told him about the "room" and to talk to the owner of shop and explain where you are from abd how you heard of this.

Sure enough he got to go to the room too. Now I don't know if owner was BS-ing me/us or not but he had stuff that would sell in a heartbeat if it was open to the public. I bought 2 items (vintage) but lost them in lost lugage on way home (sucked). Jeff my friend got a couple nice things (can't remeber what) as well. It was spendy but original type stuff.

Wouldn't have a clue if he is still there or not, I looked one time much later but never seen him or any indication it was still there. I asked for owner but never got details if it was same owner (he wasn't there that day).

I'm a very likable knowledgeable communicator especially in public. I can read body language & tone very well. Using these gifts I can get to do things most don't attempt.

Kordell got sacked 5 times by the Ravens late 90's. I was at that game but on the saturday while touring around, my wife and I went into the offices at three rivers stadium. The 4 SB trophies where displayed and We looked at them and other stuff on the walls ect.. A receptionist came over and asked if she could help us (my poor wife thought we were going to get kicked out and probably so). I went on to explain to her where we were from and we cam all the way out here to watch the game, being a LIFE TIME fan. Bill owher over heard a part of that conversation and came out and spoke to me asking where we were from and he was glad we came. He was so genuine. A couple players (kirkland / can't remeber other) and coach introduced us (they said hi but kept moving).

It was my first time ever to a game and pittsburgh so I went bold and asked if I could just look over the field. they had this ground crew dude take just me out this door to a rail and I got to overlook the field. This whole experience was something I will NEVER forget and After that game on sunday I got a picture of Bill & Myself and another 10 minutes with him because he remebered me from the day before.

Salute the nation

I believe that an unopened IC beer can from 1995 commemorating the end of the greatest rivalry in football is unique.
It probably tastes as bad as the Steelers are in 2022. lol

beer.jpg

I have a Jerome Bettis autographed bowling pin

Also have a half eaten bag of pretzels signed by Lynn Swann when he was running for Governor.

I have a Jerome Bettis autographed bowling pin

Also have a half eaten bag of pretzels signed by Lynn Swann when he was running for Governor.
Well ****, wash it down with one of those beers shown so that it passages smoothly.

I'm trying to picture how Greg Lloyd would be at something like that. He didn't seem like a very good PR guy.
He was great. Easy to talk to, signed autographs, got pictures with all the neighborhoods kids. He ended up staying an extra hour over what he was expected to do. It was awesome and he was super nice.

Coming soon, I'll write the story of one of my BIGGEST and BEST STEELERS items.

A tease to please.............................

I've gotta get to work for a long day, if I can I'll post tonigh............... otherwise first thing in the morning.

PS I bought two "away" Heath Miller Jerseys from a guy walking and selling at a game once. Two for the price of one (I negotiated), they were knock offs but cheap. I still wear the one all the time and the other I gave to a best friend since grade school .

Salute the nation

I thought you said you had a photo of you bending over.

Funny as hell !!!!!!

When you arrive at the Pittburgh Airport one of the things you see is a live size statue of Franco Harris catching the immaculate reception. It's a tourist MAGNET and I'm sure over 78 million pictures have been taken with him.!!!!!

Salute the nation

Way way back when Hienz Field was being constructed there were a lot of question on design and appearance.

My story starts about slightly before or just after completion.

My very dear friend Jeff (we meet in 1980 so long time friend) and I always talked STEELERS football through out our lives, both the highs and the lows. He came from maryland and despised the ravens because all his relation are bird fans. They raz him heavily but no fear he has me to help him conive counter attachs.

Jeff was back home visiting and found out his brother in-law's company was doing the eletronics of the score board. Jeff asked if he had blue prints and if he could get the cover page from the set of prints. The brother in-law teased but jeff was able to get it (3 month process as the in-law went through the channels of his boss' ok etc.). He told the In-law it wasn't for him but was for this huge STEELERS fan back in _____________(state). The brother in-law finally agreed and on a trip out there Jeff brought it back home.

Jeff is my #1 salesman to sell me supplies (I own a small plumbing / HVAC company). He came to call on me that week and told me the whole story and actually gave me that "ORIGINAL" cover page. It is in great shape and so very kewl beans. I was exstatic and couldn't believe my eyes or his generosity.

I thanked him profuesly and he knew in his heart how much that meant to me and how I would cherish it. I took it over to this print shop that had a big enough copier to make full size (NO % resizing to fit). I had six copies made. OBVIOUSLY I gave a copy to Jeff immeadiately. I used one copy to show everyone (friends / sports bar / etc.) and that one got beat up, but that is why Iused it and not the original.

That left me 4 copies for me to give away (but 1 I'm keeping a copy for myself as well). I have only found one STEELERS fan deemed to get a copy. I don't care who you are or the depth of your fandom but this friend deserved to have what I deem as an ultimate STEELERS souvenier. I know and hope he cherishes it as I know how happy he was when he reieved it. I was so happy to give it to him similar as my friend JEFF was happy to give me the original.

I consider this one of my top STEELERS parsphernalia as it was used in the construction and many hands in that process of use.

I havent had it framed yet as I haven't found any frame shops capable of framing it properly. They all want to use a wood frame or a mahined plain metal and no consideration of the actual product being framed. I recently finished a nice project shop for me with in floor heat and the works. I plan on making it next winter's project and custom build a frame with STEELERS emblems / team acolades / player numbers / coaches etc incorperated into it. If my plan comes to frutition, I'll try to get a picture posted here (this site). Believe me I'll be here as I'm a life'R.

Thank you to all who read and "feel" me in this episode of STEELERS mania.

Salute the nation

I haven't had it framed yet as I