• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What would our sack count look like if each of our 7 front line players had 1,000 sna

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
What would our sack count look like if each of our 7 front line players had 1,000 snaps?

The returning front-seven players in terms of sacks per 1,000 snaps last season.

Harrison: 8.18
Tuitt: 7.45
Heyward: 7.17
Moats: 7.22
Dupree: 7.10
Shazier: 5.25
Timmons: 4.73
Jones: 4.39

PS:Howard Jones, an player Tomlin cut would have 12.95 sacks per 1,000 snaps.

PPS: I saw this on the web.

What would our sack count look like if each of our 7 front line players had 1,000 snaps?

The returning front-seven players in terms of sacks per 1,000 snaps last season.

Harrison: 8.18
Tuitt: 7.45
Heyward: 7.17
Moats: 7.22
Dupree: 7.10
Shazier: 5.25
Timmons: 4.73
Jones: 4.39

PS:Howard Jones, an player Tomlin cut would have 12.95 sacks per 1,000 snaps.

PPS: I saw this on the web.

Does that make you wonder a little why Howard Jones doesn't get 1000 snaps? Maybe why the Steelers cut him.

Does that make you wonder a little why Howard Jones doesn't get 1000 snaps? Maybe why the Steelers cut him.

Howard Jones with less opportunities had more sacks than quite a few Steelers. That males
me wonder why Tomlin cut him.

" No one is to blame. ". "With Jarvis Jones in his contract year things can only get better."

Last edited:
Howard Jones with less opportunities had more sacks than quite a few Steelers. That males
me wonder why Tomlin cut him.

Whoa! I thought this was about football. All this talking abouts sacks has your mind in a different place...

If Coach and Pop both started a 1000 threads what would the percentage of relevant and worthwhile threads be based on previous seasons posts?

Pop 1000 Threads 0 Worthwhile 0.00%
Coach 1000 Threads 5 Worthwhile 0.05%

As we see quantity does not relate to quality

disclaimer:
The numbers above are entirely fictitious and have no basis in reality other than to highlight the ridiculous number of threads threads started by the above mentioned posters.

Whoa! I thought this was about football. All this talking abouts sacks has your mind in a different place...

does it make yinz wonder about corch's sack count?

3710.jpg

If Coach and Pop both started a 1000 threads what would the percentage of relevant and worthwhile threads be based on previous seasons posts?

Pop 1000 Threads 0 Worthwhile 0.00%
Coach 1000 Threads 5 Worthwhile 0.05%

As we see quantity does not relate to quality

disclaimer:
The numbers above are entirely fictitious and have no basis in reality other than to highlight the ridiculous number of threads threads started by the above mentioned posters.

they have both started at least a thousand threads. I think your numbers are close to correct.

Poops next useful thread will be the first.

Hindsight is always 20/20. I don't remember anyone screaming about Ho Jo leaving when he did.