• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What you make of Penix?

Wont get you far? Refresh my memory on what he makes a year. And what he’s made over his lifetime with the Steelers. He is known as a Super Bowl winner,and I’m sure will get in the HOF. He is a head coach in the NFL of the fabled Pittsburgh Steelers. 17 years.
Wont get you far? Surely you jest.

Now,of course I’m just ******* with you. I say this all with a bit of tounge in cheek. Anyone that knows me,knows I would have fired him January 9 2012. But to say the man has not gotten far in his football career /life is ridiculous.
I don't want to speak for anyone but I think the "X won't get you too far" is referring to winning significant games, which Tomlin hasn't done any of for at least 7 years. 7 years. Not 1, not 2, not 3, but 7. That is what his lackluster, "chilled out," undisciplined practices has gotten him. When you hear players talking about when being in the NFL with Jimmy Johnson, Parcells or Hoodie, they speak of having to be nervous when you are in their company. Not with Cool Shades though. Everything is just "chill" with him. No worries. That's one reason why we always sh-t the bed come playoff games. He doesn't have the team prepared.