• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

WHO can afford to go ????

They've gone way up. I think the last SB we were in, I saw tix for about $2,000 and I was seriously thinking about going. I should have pulled the trigger.
Q. How would have you felt after watching Ben have a bad day and Mendenhall fumble the game away?

Nothing could make me shell out 6800.00 bucks for a single game. That's just ******* nuts. Not even with the Steelers playing would I even contemplate that nonsense.

And if they lost? Holy **** that 6800.00 would bother me until the end of time. I wouldn't give more than 1500.00 and that would be for club seats near the field at the 50 yardline.

This game should be for the fans of each team in it.

Supply & demand. Most people are willing to shell out that kind of money for a sporting event which in all actuality is just nonsense .

There is a reason many of these athletes live a lavish lifestyle working not even half the year. Lol.

It sells.

Nothing could make me shell out 6800.00 bucks for a single game. That's just ******* nuts. Not even with the Steelers playing would I even contemplate that nonsense.

And if they lost? Holy **** that 6800.00 would bother me until the end of time. I wouldn't give more than 1500.00 and that would be for club seats near the field at the 50 yardline.

This game should be for the fans of each team in it.
We went on a family trip to Pittsburgh. Saved all my ref money, used air miles but stayed in a good downtown hotel and got good lower level seats. I'm gonna say it was around 5k for three day trip. They blew a late 10 point lead to the bucs. I have zero regret of going but still kinda throw up in my mouth about the game which gets replayed every once in a while about Tomlin's wife on HBO. Kinda started my disdain for shades.

Supply & demand. Most people are willing to shell out that kind of money for a sporting event which in all actuality is just nonsense .

There is a reason many of these athletes live a lavish lifestyle working not even half the year. Lol.

It sells.

Most people don't have 6800.00 sitting around to blow on entertainment...haha. That's a single ticket. Oh taking a spouse? 13,600. Family of 4 that's 27,200, plus flights,hotel and food.

Most people don't have 6800.00 sitting around to blow on entertainment...haha. That's a single ticket. Oh taking a spouse? 13,600. Family of 4 that's 27,200, plus flights,hotel and food.
And yet that game tomorrow will still have full seats.

Fans do stupid **** for their teams. Maxing out cards, taking out loans etc.

All the while the corporate big wigs purchase their seats regardless if anyone shows.

All it is; is a big burgoise event

The decision to attend the Super Bowl among other non-essential, elective venues for the prudent hopefully involves a 2-part analysis.
1) Can I fundamentally afford the expense
2) More importantly, can I justify the expense that many describe as exorbitant!

If only I had fifty I could do it.

Yes SIR, 50 X 136 = 6800.00

Do you really have 136 friends……………………… Tell each of them you need groceries money………..

Salute the nation

They've gone way up. I think the last SB we were in, I saw tix for about $2,000 and I was seriously thinking about going. I should have pulled the trigger.

Way back then, $2000.00 was still a lot of money for that time frame ……………………

Salute the nation

No way. I was born and raised a Steelers fan. It’s in my blood, but at some point in my adult life I realized it wasn’t worth getting so emotionally invested in something I have no control over. $7K would pay for a nice week vacation pretty much anywhere you wanted to go. Seems like a better value.

As a financial advisor, hearing this hits me like a knife to the temple.

That was my first thought on the 401K as well.

Living beyond your means is never a good thing. Add in staking your future to that living style…….. well you know where this is going………..

Salute the nation

For some reason I think last year’s SB average ticket was $8000.00, just a faded could care less memory.

Salute the nation

Went to that game as well, my father mailed me the tickets, he was a season ticket holder and lived in Pittsburgh. I had moved out to California in 79. I remember the Steeler side was the west side of the Rose Bowl, Rams were on the opposite side. When you walked into the stadium they were handing out these mementos that were silver reflective material I believe. The fans on the east side were using them to reflect the sun as it set behind us and were trying to blind us at the games beginning.

Anyway scalpers were selling tickets before the game between 30 and 40 dollars lol.
I don't remember the mementos. We sat at one of the end zones, don't remember which one. So far away couldn't really see much. All we could do is watch the score board listen to when the crowd roared.

I don't remember the mementos. We sat at one of the end zones, don't remember which one. So far away couldn't really see much. All we could do is watch the score board listen to when the crowd roared.
The only reason I remember was the reflection incident. One of the replay highlights of the game, you can see all this shining glittering on their side during pregame and beginning of contest. It didn't last long as the sun began to drop.

Maybe if I win a lottery and it's the Steelers.

I made it to 1 AFC championship game. I don't recall how much it cost but even though we lost i have that experience, Electric.

The game has changed since then,