• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

WHO can afford to go ????

I'm in the minority. Would rather watch from the comfort of my own home any day.

Attended only 5 games my entire life. The two most memorable:

The last one was the loss to the Pats in the miserable rain, when Jesse James didn't catch the ball that he caught. And that was only because my new son in law got the tickets.

The game prior to that was in Cleveland in the bitter cold. I mean it was ******* cold. And that was only because my son got tickets. My luck, a rare loss to the Clowns after beating them 11 straight.

The other 3 was when my kid was a kid. Only because taking him to games is was what dads are supposed to do.

Definitely glad I was NOT (doubt I would ever go unless a hard to turn down free offer was made) at yesterday’s game. ****** ending with petty call.

But how else can the NFL script it, a heroic come from behind, misseed field goal, 2 pt conversion………. ****

Salute the nation

I was listening to CBS Saturday Morning and they said the average cost of the Super Bowl ticket went down from last year.

The AVERAGE cost of a ticket was $6,800.00 which they indicated was down from last year. I didn’t catch the last year average.

Who here would pay that to go this year? What if it were the STEELERS playing ?

They interviewed a Philly fan and he indicated he cashed in his 401K to afford the trip…….. NEVER a good idea.

Myself, I wouldn’t go for two reasons
1). The game of football is meaningless and I have very little investment into it (YES, love the STEELERS, but even they are becoming less than what they were and becoming more and more NFL-ey).
2). The money I have has been earned by HARD work / sweat / & tears, NOT a chance in. Hell I spend it on a meaningless product that I can watch 10 times better at home.

WHAT SAY YOU STEELERS NATION ?

Salute the nation

The sad result is the NFL has fightured out what people are willing to pay and can fill a stadium full of people at that amount. The business networking, parties, and stuff that goes on around the super bowl is significant. My father went years back and told me all about it. This to him was worth more than the game.

21,951,000 people in the U.S. have a net worth of $1 million or more. That puts the value of the game in perceptive. Its chump change to many of them, and they sure won't miss $ 6,800.00 a ticket.

Sporting events such as the Super bowl is beyond 98% of the fans. The price is only going up. Personally to me there come a point where things just don't make sense. Like a bottle of Louis the XIII. As long as I can see that game clearly to me that is what matters.

Reactions: MTC
The sad result is the NFL has fightured out what people are willing to pay and can fill a stadium full of people at that amount. The business networking, parties, and stuff that goes on around the super bowl is significant. My father went years back and told me all about it. This to him was worth more than the game.

21,951,000 people in the U.S. have a net worth of $1 million or more. That puts the value of the game in perceptive. Its chump change to many of them, and they sure won't miss $ 6,800.00 a ticket.

Sporting events such as the Super bowl is beyond 98% of the fans. The price is only going up. Personally to me there come a point where things just don't make sense. Like a bottle of Louis the XIII. As long as I can see that game clearly to me that is what matters.

I hear all that you said here Coach. I highly doubt I'll ever attend a SB unless I come into Meg-A bucks or a near all-expense paid (by others).

Salute the nation

The super bowl isn’t for the fans. It’s an event for fortune 500 ceo’s, celebrities etc to mingle. You have the try too hard commercials, movie previews and the best way to market all this is through the nfl. These companies know damn full well that people are going to watch.

There are fans in attendance but in small pockets.

I mean sheeesh. The coin toss was dramatic yesterday. It’s just one big over produced game.

But….as always. It sells

BooM bangA chi kaboom………

Mo Money Mo Money is the beat

JuJu smith shuester not a drag the feet

BoomA BangA shmanga tunes

Mo Money Mo Money Mahomes handles the ball

Andy Reid is bald with personality all gull

Mo Money Mo Money

****-it, can’t get anything going in this regards, the SB just sucks , the NFL sucks, what the game has become… sucks.

1). The allowing the cheaters to cheat for as long as they have sucks.
2). The special treatment of t*mmyb*y sucks.
3). Roger Goodell sucks
4). Watson able to still play in the nfl sucks
5). Being on the STEELERS season tickets waiting list sucks
6). Cost of regular season tickets suck
7). Changing to Acrisure stadium name sucks
8). Panty-waist actions suck
9). Treating BEN’s last season with no regard to OL play sucks
10). OC for BEN’s final season sucks
11). Same OC 2nd season sucks
12). Hearing the “non-losing season sucks
13). Getting to here and not running out of suck things SUCKS

To be continued in a later post……….. maybe (hard for me to remain negative for very long)

Obviously I’ll be rooting for my beloved STEELERS, hell or high water,….. I’m here

Salute the nation

BooM bangA chi kaboom………

Mo Money Mo Money

****-it, can’t get anything going in this regards, the SB just sucks , the NFL sucks, what the game has become… sucks.

3). Roger Goodell sucks

To be continued in a later post……….. maybe (hard for me to remain negative for very long)

Obviously I’ll be rooting for my beloved STEELERS, hell or high water,….. I’m here

Salute the nation

BooM bangA chi kaboom………

Mo Money Mo Money

3). Roger Goodell sucks

Salute the nation

Don't worry I can remain negative for long periods of time. Well negative is too strong for it. I'd say being realistic backed by history of a good many seasons of not really competing for a championship or looking closer than the years before.