• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Who will have majority in the senate when the smoke clears?

Religion! Religion! Oh, there's a thin line between Saturday
night and Sunday morning. Here we go now.
Alright, alter boys."Mea Culpa Mea Culpa Mea Maxima Culpa
Mea Culpa Mea Culpa Mea Maxima CulpaWhere's the church, who took the steeple
Religion is in the hands of some crazy-*** people
Television preachers with bad hair and dimples
The god's honest truth is it's not that simple
It's the Buddhist in you, it's the Pagan in me
It's the Muslim in him, she's Catholic ain't she?
It's the born again look its the WASP and the Jew
Tell me what's goin on, I ain't gotta clue

Wish I was in Margaritaville right now!

PS: It looks like GA will produce two Republican senators. 52-48. Quid Quo Pro Joe better not try to unwrite any of Trump's accomplishments, and needs to be a moderate.

Except that we'll have President Harris before the year is out and she will do her level best to undo everything Trump did and if you disagree you're a racist and a sexist.

PS: It looks like GA will produce two Republican senators. 52-48. Quid Quo Pro Joe better not try to unwrite any of Trump's accomplishments, and needs to be a moderate.

The best thing Beijing Joe should do is nothing. Leave the Trump policies untouched and let the country continue on its path toward greater prosperity.

Then take credit for it.

Except that we'll have President Harris before the year is out and she will do her level best to undo everything Trump did and if you disagree you're a racist and a sexist.

Joe is leaving Warren and Sanders out of the picture! The far left won't tolerate Biden for long. I almost feel for for clueless Joe.

As for Trump I hope he gets into media to call the ball and strikes on Biden,

Republicans have the region's vote for the most part. It's a disenfranchised group. Revitalizing this group, which the left routinely craps on would benefit Republicans on election day, Big time.
Jews and Latino Catholics vote predominantly Democrat. It's unexplainable, but it is what it is.

Osteen is not a fire and brimstone type. Far from it. He's a communicator. The VP pick these days is up for sale.
Osteen is a heretic. He's the serpent in the garden. I want this guy nowhere near politics. Might as well fill in the cabinet positions in your hypothetical administration with TD Jakes at Treasury, Ken Copleland at Commerce, Joyce Myers at Homeland Security, etc..... that would surely haste Christ's return.

Jews and Latino Catholics vote predominantly Democrat. It's unexplainable, but it is what it is.

Osteen is a heretic. He's the serpent in the garden. I want this guy nowhere near politics. Might as well fill in the cabinet positions in your hypothetical administration with TD Jakes at Treasury, Ken Copleland at Commerce, Joyce Myers at Homeland Security, etc..... that would surely haste Christ's return.

I dunno, I think Osteen could bring out the Latino Catholic vote. I am impressed with his communication abilities. 10 million see him in a given week, and he is a top book seller, with zero negatives ( as far as I know ) attached to him.

Like I said the VP pick is turning into a pander pick to a demographic.

House now +10 for Republicans. IMO, Trump need to get to Georgia and help bring out the vote for Perdue ( Who should win ) and Loeffler.

A 52-48 majority in the senate means Biden must be a moderate, or he'll get nothing. In 2022 once the Nation see how inept Biden is, the house can flip and the lead int he senate will widen, setting up a red wave in 2024.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com

He can do plenty of damage without the Senate. How 'bout these for a start ?

Biden has promised to rejoin the Paris climate accord on day one of his presidency.
Revive the more than 125 environmental rules (and counting) — including more than 40 involving greenhouse gases directly

He could revoke the Affordable Clean Energy rule, the Trump’s administration’s replacement for the Obama administration’s Clean Power Plan rule

Vox’s Umair Irfan has a full list of executive actions that Biden has already committed to taking. Here are a few notable ones:

* Requiring aggressive methane pollution limits for new oil and gas operations

* Using the federal government procurement system — which spends $500 billion every year — to drive toward 100 percent clean energy and zero-emissions vehicles

* Ensuring that all US government installations, buildings, and facilities are more efficient and climate-ready, harnessing the purchasing power and supply chains to drive innovation

* Reducing greenhouse gas emissions from transportation — the fastest-growing source of US climate pollution — by preserving and implementing the existing Clean Air Act, and developing rigorous new fuel economy standards aimed at ensuring 100 percent of new light- and medium-duty vehicles will be electrified and annual improvements are made for heavy-duty vehicles

* Doubling down on the liquid fuels of the future, which makes agriculture a key part of the solution to climate change. Advanced biofuels, made with materials like switchgrass and algae, can create jobs and new solutions to reduce emissions in planes, oceangoing vessels, and more.

* Saving consumers money and reducing emissions through new, aggressive appliance and building efficiency standards.

* Protecting America’s natural treasures by permanently protecting the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and other areas impacted by President Trump’s attacks on federal lands and waters, establishing national parks and monuments that reflect America’s natural heritage, banning new oil and gas permitting on public lands and waters, modifying royalties to account for climate costs, and establishing targeted programs to enhance reforestation and develop renewables on federal lands and waters, with the goal of doubling offshore wind by 2030

Use executive authority to forgive the first $50,000 in federal student debt for every borrower with federal student loans

Trump set the refugee cap for fiscal year 2021 at only 15,000 people, down from the 110,000-person ceiling that Barack Obama set his last year in office. Biden has explicitly promised to raise it to 125,000 and increase it from there.

Biden has promised not to build “one more foot” of the US-Mexico border wall

The president-elect has also promised a comprehensive rollback of many Trump initiatives, from his family separation policy to the “travel ban” on 13 mostly Muslim-majority countries to his policy of sending asylum seekers at the border back to Mexico. He could also try to repeal the “public charge rule,” which effectively places a wealth test on prospective immigrants and green card applicants, through the rule making process.

He has also promised to revive the Obama-era Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program that offered protection from deportation to nearly 644,000 immigrants who arrived without authorization as children

Reverse Trump’s rollback of air pollution and lead poisoning rules

Cut back on factory farming

Create a postal banking system....The idea is to provide free, or at least extremely low-cost, banking services to people currently outside the mainstream banking sector.

Crack down on Wall Street....Imposing a size cap on banks, using the Federal Reserve’s authority under either Dodd-Frank or the Federal Deposit Insurance Act. The regulation could follow proposed legislation by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) and Rep. Brad Sherman (D-CA) and break up JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, Citigroup, Wells Fargo, Goldman Sachs, and Morgan Stanley, as well as the insurers Prudential, MetLife, and AIG. This is a fairly unlikely and extreme option, but one with some support within the Democratic Party.

Biden will stop the Trump administration’s efforts to undermine the Affordable Care Act (for instance, by reducing spending on outreach). He will likely also roll back the Trump administration’s efforts to encourage states to adopt work requirements for Medicaid.
https://www.vox.com/21557717/joe-biden-executive-order-student-debt-climate

Just these executive actions alone will set our economy back years and you can bet the Dims have a whole lot more on their to do list.

41mEq8bSKyL.jpg

House now +10 for Republicans. IMO, Trump need to get to Georgia and help bring out the vote for Perdue ( Who should win ) and Loeffler.

A 52-48 majority in the senate means Biden must be a moderate, or he'll get nothing. In 2022 once the Nation see how inept Biden is, the house can flip and the lead int he senate will widen, setting up a red wave in 2024.

For the future, Republicans need to attract more Women, Latino and Jews into their big tent. It's too far out to project who the nomination for President will be but I sort of like a Mike Pompeo as the top guy, with maybe Joel Osteen as the VP. While Osteen isn't; a politician, he could super charge the religious vote, which has been suppressed for years. I don't follow him, but I have heard him speak, he's very good.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com

I want Dan Crenshaw in 2024. Nobody else is even close for me by a mile. He can absolutely win too. And I'm certain he will surround himself with great people. If he runs, he'll be the only political candidate in my lifetime that I'd volunteer to campaign for.

I dunno, I think Osteen could bring out the Latino Catholic vote. I am impressed with his communication abilities. 10 million see him in a given week, and he is a top book seller, with zero negatives ( as far as I know ) attached to him.

Olsteen is everything I despise about TV evangelists. He is a crook and a hypocrite. I can't stand to watch his sermons with his fake *** smug smile and closed eyes all the time. His nomination would lose a large percentage of moderates instantly in the upper mid-west and elsewhere. Hell no.

I want Dan Crenshaw in 2024. Nobody else is even close for me by a mile. He can absolutely win too. And I'm certain he will surround himself with great people. If he runs, he'll be the only political candidate in my lifetime that I'd volunteer to campaign for.

Now that is a choice I can get behind.

Harris is gonna be on her knees a lot to get deals done.
Been real knowing ya boys. But a bj could lead us to a commie nation.

It started with her on her knees.

Not Olsteen.
The republicans need to be more proactive with the minorities, women and most importantly the youth

crenshaw.jpg

I would not be against Crenshaw on a ticket. Might be a bit early for him to run for President.

Nikki Haley - Ben Crenshaw ticket, I would vote for.

GOP now +11 in the house, just 11 seats away from a majority rule. Of course the media isn't telling you that. Trump has one more mission, help make sure Georgia produces 2 Republican senators, giving the GOP a 52-28 rule in the Senate.

Biden will accomplish NOTHING except upset the far left in his base. 2022 is only a short time away.

Sorry if I missed the memo but why is there a runoff for the two seats in GA? Guessing the count was within x percentage points and state law mandates the run off..

Who was actually leading the vote count when the powers that be called for a runoff?

I would not be against Crenshaw on a ticket. Might be a bit early for him to run for President.

Nikki Haley - Ben Crenshaw ticket, I would vote for.

You and I might vote for that ticket, but it does nothing, at last on the surface right now, for turning out the African-American or Hispanic vote for Republicans.

I think they almost have to nominate an African-American, someone like Tim Scott.

Look, one of the unreported great things about the seats the Republicans gained is the variety of people who gained them. It is also unreported the diversity Trump brought to the party. This needs to be highlighted. It won't be if another white guy is nominated. I know Haley is neither, but I don't see her exciting anybody but the base that would vote for her anyway.

I think Nikki would own the African American male vote.