• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Who WON'T the Steelers draft in round one?

DeaconKnowledge

Reaction score
We all have our favorites, and have poured over mock drafts incessantly to this point, so how about a twist - based on your knowledge of the Steelers and their processes, who are you sure they won't draft in round one and why?

1. Eric Ebron - Tight End who doesn't block? No way Steelers burn a first on a receiving Tight End.

2. CJ Mosely - too high. Steelers don't look for athletes at this position. They look for intelligent guys with acceptable motors. Timmons was drafted as an edge rusher and converted.

3. Ra'Shede Hagemen - I want them to take him at 15, but watching his tape I just don't see it. He's just too raw, and the Steelers don't take projects in the first round. Maybe if he lasted until the second, but I doubt a guy with his athleticism drops that far.

Hopefully Benjamin and Roby are off their board

Based on Ebrons comments about his meeting with Tomlin I think it is likely that they do draft him.

in 49 seconds........

I wish the thread title was who do you most not want the Steelers to draft in the 1st round next week. For me, that winner in a landslide would be Nix. If they pick him I will seriously lose my composure.

I think it is fair to say they will not be drafting anyone in the first round with the letters QB, RB, C, K, P, S and LS after their names.

They will not draft Mike Evans out of Texas A&M my alma mater. I wish there was a way but without moving up which they cannot afford to do, forget about it.

Move up to Tampas spot give them 4 and 5 this year and a third and 4 next year

I'm a Benjamin hater so 1) Benjamin, 2) Benjamin, 3) Benjamin.

EDIT: Then again, if you asked me this last year I would have said 1) Jarvis Jones, 2) Jarvis Jones, 3) Jarvis Jones.

Move up to Tampas spot give them 4 and 5 this year and a third and 4 next year

dreaming is free but no one will give us 7 spots on the first round for a bunch of late picks

I guarantee ER4P won't be drafted - but then again neither will I!