• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Who ya wanna smack (beside Collinsworth)?

For me, I think it is Bob Papa on Sirius XM. He has been saying for 4 weeks that the Steelers should not even be mentioned in playoff discussion. Each week would talk Cleveland and Baltimore along with the others but in his opinion the Steelers were a joke. Ben washed up, bade team, no chance at all to make playoffs, Ravens were going to easily win as Colts win by 15+. Didn't expect last night to be like it was but I am going to tune in to hear his comments. Wonder if he admits or makes excuses or dismisses the Steelers as the Chiefs getting a 'bye' game.

Admit - I was wrong, didn't think this was a playoff team. Ben took this team on his back, maybe not from play but a leadership role with Watt and Cam. Anything can happen next Sunday, but for Ben to sweep Ravens to last place, week after sweeping Browns, and then making the playoffs! Ending career where he started and your telling me there is a chance!!
You are not a playoff team when its the last game of the week and you need to still do work, need other teams to do work for you and also hope certain outcomes dont happen. That's called sneaking into the playoffs. This team gets crushed in the first round.

Sorry not a huge pessimist but a realist. This team stands almost zero chance of doing anything in the playoffs. You never know which defense is gonna show up, and for how many quarters they are going to play for. The offense at best all season has played good for one half of a game. I honest hate to say this but barring a miracle this team is not playing point for point with the chiefs.

Its a cool little stat for the end of Ben's career to say he went out his last season my making the playoffs but thats all it is. Just a stat that will look good on the HOF resume but means absolutely nothing for possibility of winning a super bowl. This is not a good team. Its a slightly OK team that has a flash here and there but really just got lucky. Hats off for the grit and continuing to try but in the playoffs they are going to be very sadly outmatched in every facet of the game.

You are not a playoff team when its the last game of the week and you need to still do work, need other teams to do work for you and also hope certain outcomes dont happen. That's called sneaking into the playoffs. This team gets crushed in the first round.

Sorry not a huge pessimist but a realist. This team stands almost zero chance of doing anything in the playoffs. You never know which defense is gonna show up, and for how many quarters they are going to play for. The offense at best all season has played good for one half of a game. I honest hate to say this but barring a miracle this team is not playing point for point with the chiefs.

Its a cool little stat for the end of Ben's career to say he went out his last season my making the playoffs but thats all it is. Just a stat that will look good on the HOF resume but means absolutely nothing for possibility of winning a super bowl. This is not a good team. Its a slightly OK team that has a flash here and there but really just got lucky. Hats off for the grit and continuing to try but in the playoffs they are going to be very sadly outmatched in every facet of the game.
Thank God you joined this message board to inform us all. Thank you.

P.S. Steelers play Sunday at 8:15pm. I think that actually makes them a playoff team.

You are not a playoff team when its the last game of the week and you need to still do work, need other teams to do work for you and also hope certain outcomes dont happen. That's called sneaking into the playoffs.
You should tell that to the Super Bowl XL Steelers...

I'd guess Bob, but he didn't blast Tomlin or call Ben noodle-armed or anything.

This team in the last two weeks took care of business. They are a threat. They will and should be huge underdogs, but then the last place team in the league with incentive to lose just whupped a team that would have made the playoffs had they won, so you can't tell what will happen.

Why the hell did the Fins fire Brian Flores? Geez! The team finished a strong 9-8 and he gets fired! That is pure bs.
And I believe he was 8-1 in final 9 games after a shaky start, a bad Oline and Tua as his QB…Ross (fins owner) is a complete moron and I’d wager probably the only coach ever fired with 8-1 in last 9 games played. That’s how a terrible organization remains irrelevant

This team in the last two weeks took care of business. They are a threat. They will and should be huge underdogs, but then the last place team in the league with incentive to lose just whupped a team that would have made the playoffs had they won, so you can't tell what will happen.

Nope, and maybe Mahomes just has a really ****** game. It's happened.

2005 says "hello"...

I smell fish again.

Oh, I want to slap Roger Goodell.

When you've got people like Collinsworth, Goodell, and Madden not particularly liking us, I take it as a compliment. It just means we did something right and messed up their plans along the way. **** 'em.

Collinsworth should be banned from broadcasting Steelers games. The league wouldn't put up with someone constantly bashing any other team.
If someone kept talking about Belicheat and Br*dy's cheating do you think they'd be told to knock it off? Hell, broadcasters and commentators aren't even allowed to mention it.

Romo used to be good, I don't know what happened to him. Maybe the network told him to change his style, I dunno. I used to like him but now he's insufferable too.
Kind of mirrored my thoughts Ron. After it seemed like getting Romo game after game I was actually glad to get Collingsworth. What a joke last nights broadcast was. Then we get him next week too. I have to find something that syncs better with the broadcast. I can’t stand watching the game and the announcers are one play behind.
Any recommendations.......?

As mentioned in the game thread. I very much want to fling Canada from the booth onto the field... to his death.

I was completely willing to give up the injury timeout for this. However, it turned out the Steelers needed that timeout so... clearly I'm not qualified to be the coach.

The team that "snuck into the playoffs" also has wins against the #1 and #3 seeds in the AFC. They've played some piss poor ball most of the season, but those wins count. As Bob says, you never know which Steelers team will show up. I'm hoping that the team that made supposedly superior teams play ugly steps into Arrowhead and makes the Chiefs game an ugly brawl and pulls out a win.

working-actor.jpg

Someone give this guy a picture of a screen pass and dangle it outside the coaches box...Canada will gleefully jump trying to get to the screen pass.

And I believe he was 8-1 in final 9 games after a shaky start, a bad Oline and Tua as his QB…Ross (fins owner) is a complete moron and I’d wager probably the only coach ever fired with 8-1 in last 9 games played. That’s how a terrible organization remains irrelevant
JUst like the browns when they ired Hue Jackson and Made greg Williams the interim coach and he did well for them. They fired him and gave the job to probably one of the most undeserving and underprepared person in the history of coaches with Freddie Kitchens.

I think the GM's and owners suffer terribly in the NFL from the "needing to put their own stink on it" more so than most companies or businesses. These guys time and time again will walk away from a solid choice just cause it wasn't "all their" choice. baffles me sometimes.

nope pessimist.......

As mentioned in the game thread. I very much want to fling Canada from the booth onto the field... to his death.

I was completely willing to give up the injury timeout for this. However, it turned out the Steelers needed that timeout so... clearly I'm not qualified to be the coach.

Not unlike this...

Careful there Wig-son. Those can be considered terroristic threats on the interlands today.

You need to say
“Maybe a forceful breeze brought upon by nature will succumb coach Canada out the booth onto the field to his unfortunate death”