• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Who's watching this week?

If you let the protesters alter your behavior, you let them win. I'm ignoring the protesters and watching the football game.

Well as a viewer, I can choose not to watch, and really haven't decided yet, but it would only be the Steeler game if I do. Now, if a million or so decide to do the same, or not go to the game, or not buy NFL merchandise, exactly how does that let the protesters win?

Wait till the report comes out that the Steelers threw the Bears game in protest too

Did Raiders Throw NFL Game Over Anthem?

Inside sources say that the Oakland Raiders offensive line threw the game against the Redskins after QB Derek Carr refused to kneel for the National Anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6KzzCCBPYE&feature=youtu.be

The NFL is cooking its own goose....

----------------------------------------

AT&T’s DirecTV Is Giving Refunds on NFL Packages Due to Protests

Subscribers to AT&T Inc.’s DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket who want to cancel the service because of football players’ national anthem protests can get refunds, according to customer service representatives.

The protests, which started with some players kneeling during the anthem to protest racial inequality, has expanded to teams and even owners linking arms in a show of unity. The issue has been magnified by tweets from President Donald Trump, who called the protests “disgraceful” and encouraged fans to boycott the NFL.

AT&T is the exclusive home of the Sunday Ticket, which offers the full slate of Sunday afternoon NFL games. The telecommunications company declined to comment.

The TV football package costs almost $300 a season, though AT&T offers various promotions and monthly pricing options.

DirecTV normally has a no-cancellation policy for Sunday Ticket. The Wall Street Journal reported the refunds earlier Tuesday.

People Are Trying to Get Refunds from DirecTV Because of the NFL Anthem Protests

DirecTV is offering some customers refunds amid backlash from NFL players kneeling during the national anthem to protest racial inequality. But even reaction the refunds has been mixed.

DirectTV will give refunds for its Sunday Ticket package to customers upset by the protests, customer service representatives told The Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg. That marks a shift for the satellite provider, owned by AT&T.

Some on social media are lauding the decision to offer refunds, and are hoping people take advantage of the offer. Others aren’t so happy with the move, calling it a political move in the wake of President Donald Trump’s ongoing war with the NFL and its players over the issue. Some on Twitter used the hashtag “#boycottDirectTV,” a play off of the “boycottNFL” hashtag used to oppose the anthem

This comes after President Donald Trump criticized protestors who chose to kneel in protest during the national anthem. At last weekend’s NFL games, more player kneeled, locked arms in solidarity or did not come out to the field during the anthem. Trump also claimed that this caused the NFL to lose ratings.

Just cancelled my @NFL Sunday Ticket and got a full refund thanks to @DIRECTV. Continue to support the #TakeAKneeNFL @nflcommish and lose $$

— David Copass (@DavidCopass) September 27, 2017

I applaud @DIRECTV for "getting it" and offering their customers refunds over the un-American NFL disrespect of our nation, anthem & flag!

— Doomsday Library (@DoomsdayLibrary) September 27, 2017

By doing this @DIRECTV effectively takes a stand on the side of Trump and against the NFL so: #BoycottDirecTV

— Erin Biba (@erinbiba) September 26, 2017

No I will not DM you @DIRECTVService you've taken a political STAND that you're company is obviously ill equipped to handle.#boycottdirectv

— Carniesha Kwashie (@cfk82) September 27, 2017

NFL Sunday Ticket refunds because of players using their free speech and right to protest @directv?! You just lost a customer. #TakeAKnee

— Brandon B (@boydyo28) September 27, 2017

------------------------------------------------------

Stupid, stupid NFL. Hillary stupid. The NFL must operate in a Liberal echo chamber. They are ignoring Real America and what she wants, kowtowing to coastal extreme Leftists. Stupid, Stupid, NFL.

NFL Sacked! Businesses Cut Ties With NFL, Let Fans Cancel Over Protests

NFL sponsors are feeling pressure to respond after more than 200 players, coaches and team owners knelt in protest during the anthem on the weekend of Sept. 23. While most NFL sponsors have so far not ended their sponsorships, at least three organizations have reacted and others are being pressured.

One company, the Phil Long Ford dealership in Denver, announced it would not renew its sponsorship of Denver Broncos defensive star Von Miller after he knelt during the National Anthem on Sept. 24, Yahoo sports reported.

Louisiana based Schilling Distributing Company chose to pull all Bud Light products featuring NFL and New Orleans Saints messaging, local station KJFY News said on Sept. 26. DirectTV meanwhile is reportedly giving refunds to customers who wanted to cancel their Sunday Ticket NFL subscriptions because of the protests.

Phil Long Ford, founded by WWII veteran Phil Long, released a statement saying Miller was a “good person,” but that “when we bring in celebrities to represent us we run the risk of being misrepresented.”

The dealership also reaffirmed its support for a veteran service center founded by its principal owner and concluded, “This would be a great time for our community to show support for our military community by supporting this cause or others that continue to serve them after they serve us.”

Schilling Distributing, a veteran owned company, said in a statement, “while Bud Light has been an official partner of the NFL and New Orleans Saints for years, there is no need for us to ask our retailer partners to promote such controversial organizations to help sell product.” Schilling is instead offering retail items that have statements like “Proud to Serve Those Who Serve” and “This Bud’s for You, Louisiana.”

Other organizations linked to the NFL are also receiving pushback after the protests.

DirectTV is reportedly allowing some users to cancel their Sunday Ticket NFL subscriptions “if they cite players’ national anthem protest as the reason,” The Wall Street Journal reported Sept. 26.

So far DirectTV has yet to release an official explanation and “DirecTV service representatives contacted by The Wall Street Journal had different understandings of the policy.” Some thought full refunds were available, while others said the refunds were prorated for the remainder of the season. Still others said the rules had not changed and no refunds were available.

Multiple users contacted The Journal directly to claim they had received refunds and others said the same thing on Twitter.

Update: you can, in fact, cancel your NFL Sunday Ticket with refund through @DIRECTV if you cite the protests as your reason for cancelling.

— Madison Gesiotto (@madisongesiotto) September 26, 2017
Cancelled my @DIRECTV NFL ticket this morning. Got a $188.00 credit

— Paul (@PaulcTynan) September 26, 2017

DIRECTV is letting us cancel NFL pkg. had to threaten to go with cable. Took half hour of arguing with them. They are getting lots of calls.

— MB Taurus (@HeirloomCore) September 25, 2017
Viewers are also canceling their subscriptions to the NFL-owned RedZone channel “which provides live action and scoring from every game on Sundays” because of the protests, The Journal said.

USAA members have been using petitions, USAA forums and Twitter to demand the financial institution pull its NFL sponsorship. According to Tweets and statements from USAA representatives, it does not intent to end its sponsorship.

We have no plans to end our role as the Official Military Appreciation Sponsor of the NFL.

— USAA (@USAA_help) September 27, 2017
“Our purpose in becoming a league sponsor was to honor and appreciate the military community, and that will continue to be our focus,” a USAA representative wrote on USAA’s Member Community forum.

“Please also know that we’ve contacted the NFL to emphasize the significance of the national anthem and the vital position it plays in acknowledging our country, as well as the men and women who have fought to safeguard our liberties. We have no plans to end our role as the Official Military Appreciation Sponsor of the NFL.”

Other NFL sponsors including Under Armour, Ford, Nike, Hyundai, Anheuser-Busch and Bose have all issued statements supporting both the American flag and the players’ right to free speech, Yahoo Finance reported on Sept. 25. None have withdrawn their support.

NFL sponsors are in a bind because fans both “in favor of and against the protests are sharing the same list of NFL sponsors, calling for a total boycott,” according to a Sept. 25 report by Bloomberg. “Hashtags #BoycottNFLSponsors and #PunchThemInTheWallet are circulating on both pro-Trump and pro-player social media.”

JPMorgan derivatives strategist Shawn Quigg told Bloomberg Markets on Sept. 27 that investors should “bet against CBS Corp. stock ahead of this weekend’s NFL broadcasts” due to the boycott encouraged by President Donald Trump.

Media Research Center President Brent Bozell has also urged fans to “turn off the NFL” on Oct. 1 and to commit to “[o]ne week without football to support our flag.”

Last edited:
NFL Ratings Down 11 Percent After Three Weeks: Nielsen

NFL games so far in 2017 have seen an overall decline in TV ratings.

After three weeks, viewership of national NFL telecasts have dropped 11 percent compared with the ratings in 2016.

And the overall NFL ratings from 2016 declined 8 percent from the 2015 numbers.

Last season, the games averaged 17.63 million viewers for the first three weeks—and they’ve now dipped to 15.65 million for 2017, Nielsen said on Wednesday, reported CBS.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, “Sunday Night Football” saw its ratings dip from the previous year. The NBC matchup between Oakland and Washington averaged an overnight 11.6 rating among households, which was down 11 percent from scores a year ago and 9 percent from the week before.

Several teams, like the Green Bay Packers, Pittsburgh Steelers, the Dallas Cowboys, and New England Patriots, said that they’ll stand for the anthem from now on.

Those idiots still believe the false narrative of "hands up, don't shoot" and the baby pic of Trayngel. This is going to be a financial disaster for the NFL if they don't put a stop to the protests. They are chasing off the base that supports them financially. .

As said on Monday, by a true visionary. :tongue::tongue:

Reactions: MTC
Wait till the report comes out that the Steelers threw the Bears game in protest too

Did Raiders Throw NFL Game Over Anthem?

Inside sources say that the Oakland Raiders offensive line threw the game against the Redskins after QB Derek Carr refused to kneel for the National Anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6KzzCCBPYE&feature=youtu.be

If true, definitely not cool.
Derek Carr would look good in the black & gold

If you let the protesters alter your behavior, you let them win. I'm ignoring the protesters and watching the football game.

I don't see it that way at all. I'm more like **** me? No **** you and your stupid game.You are not entertainment anymore. At the end of the day the fans are the lifes blood of pro sports. No fans no big money period. No tv contracts, no endorsements,no giant contracts. No people kissing your *** telling how great you are. They will be back to playing for what they made in the 1970's. Take away all those billions that tax payers fork over to build stadiums.

All this **** over some spoiled ***** in a communist dictator t-shirt and pig cop socks. Absolutely brilliant . Yeah follow that guy he's so endearing to masses. Shoot your golden goose in the face. Bunch of fools.

Reactions: MTC
I don't see it that way at all. I'm more like **** me? No **** you and your stupid game.You are not entertainment anymore. At the end of the day the fans are the lifes blood of pro sports. No fans no big money period. No tv contracts, no endorsements,no giant contracts. No people kissing your *** telling how great you are. They will be back to playing for what they made in the 1970's. Take away all those billions that tax payers fork over to build stadiums.

All this **** over some spoiled ***** in a communist dictator t-shirt and pig cop socks. Absolutely brilliant . Yeah follow that guy he's so endearing to masses. Shoot your golden goose in the face. Bunch of fools.

That's where Kap loses credibility with intelligent people. Whining about "oppression" while wearing t-shirts with Che, Fidel, and Mao on them. He hasn't thought it through and is just repeating what he's been told. But that's how Libtards roll...freedom is oppression and Communism is freedom.

I feel similar. I'm giving the league a chance.
The Steelers historically have been a respected franchise, so I feel they didn't mean to offend.

But the political fiasco as a whole is affecting the league and is a slap in the face to the fans.
We'll see how this weekend shapes up.

Football as we know it will be over and done within a decade.

I say this as someone who thinks the whole concussion thing is a bit overhyped, but still...no one's gonna be letting their kids play in a few years. My son plays and I get shocked looks and comments all the time now from other parents about how can I let him play football. Some high schools can't even field a team anymore.

Players association might as well have put a gun to their collective head and pulled the trigger. I think you're right.