• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Why Dont we use the ******* metric system like everyone else

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I post this here because it has to be a political reason… there simply aren’t any logical reasons to stick to the imperial system… its outdated and less logical besides being complicated compared to tge basic metric system

Its a pain converting back and forth all the time… tradition be damned, we should officially switch…

I post this here because it has to be a political reason… there simply aren’t any logical reasons to stick to the imperial system… its outdated and less logical besides being complicated compared to tge basic metric system

Its a pain converting back and forth all the time… tradition be damned, we should officially switch…
Because ******* Y O U that’s why.

As a math teacher, I agree. As a citizen, I don't care. Being the last hold out for something is kind of cool.

Yeah, **** that. If I was a 20 year old and could relearn ****, I'd love it. But no. 12 inches = a foot and 8oz in a cup. Like 2 x 2 = 4, that ****'s burned in my brain.

Converting makes sense, it would be the right thing to do. But I'm going full-selfish. I like our system as it is, don't make my life more difficult, and a hearty HELL NO to this suggestion.

Since I started doing more international sales I just use a converter app on my phone. Piece of cake. It does weight, length, volume, currency, temp….

Well, because a Colt .45 Auto just sounds meaner than a Colt 11.43 mm. :)

So basically if we leave football stay in the dark ages can we change everything else to it? Seriously you have no idea how many headaches this has given me throughout the years? Lol

I will say that telling your buddy that you gave her 15cm does sound a lot better than 6 inches. lol

Can anyone even fathom how much it would actually cost to change to the metric system? All packaged goods, zoning & building/housing lot sizes, mileage and speed rates etc.

Just a couple examples in a myriad of them. We're barely hanging on financially as it is, but let's switch that up to avoid a few headaches.

This brings on a serious kilogram of a headache, I may need to pound it out or walk a few kilometers or hitch a ride for the last few miles to buy some advil.

Makes sense, we already switched over to Covid core math.

I will say that telling your buddy that you gave her 15cm does sound a lot better than 6 inches. lol
Back in the day when I was not a happily married man, I was always honest with the ladies and went with the old saying. " I may not reach bottom, but I can bang the hell out of the sides"

"Mitch Trubisky and the Steelers are facing a 3rd down and 3 meters to go..."

"Football is a game of centimeters..."

This 55 year old brain is incapable of rewiring.
I think you've just found the reason your country hasn't switched to metric - it would totally **** up historical NFL stats and milestones and make getting first downs harder (unless they use 9.2 metres or whatever the conversion is from 10 yards, instead of 10 metres).

Reactions: MTC
Yard marker changed to Meter Marker

Which would make it First down and 9.144 Yards to Go.

Reactions: MTC