• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

WikiLeaks Begins the Release of Vault 7 Documents and Files

Spike

Reaction score
It' all blowing up!

Today, Tuesday 7 March 2017, WikiLeaks begins its new series of leaks on the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency. Code-named "Vault 7" by WikiLeaks, it is the largest ever publication of confidential documents on the agency.

The first full part of the series, "Year Zero", comprises 8,761 documents and files from an isolated, high-security network situated inside the CIA's Center for Cyber Intelligence in Langley, Virgina.

Recently, the CIA lost control of the majority of its hacking arsenal including malware, viruses, trojans, weaponized "zero day" exploits, malware remote control systems and associated documentation. This extraordinary collection, which amounts to more than several hundred million lines of code, gives its possessor the entire hacking capacity of the CIA. The archive appears to have been circulated among former U.S. government hackers and contractors in an unauthorized manner, one of whom has provided WikiLeaks with portions of the archive.

"Year Zero" introduces the scope and direction of the CIA's global covert hacking program, its malware arsenal and dozens of "zero day" weaponized exploits against a wide range of U.S. and European company products, include Apple's iPhone, Google's Android and Microsoft's Windows and even Samsung TVs, which are turned into covert microphones.

https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/

Snowden: WikiLeaks document dump on CIA hacking capability 'looks authentic'

Former NSA contractor Edward Snowden said on Tuesday that the WikiLeaks dump of what it claims to be more than 8,700 documents from the CIA's Center for Cyber Intelligence "looks authentic" and "is genuinely a big deal."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/e...ng-capability-looks-authentic/article/2616670

C6VNa9zVAAAhs6b.jpg

How long before this linked back to the democrats?

Someone has been leaking this stuff that's been around for a few years..which is a felony. So sooner or later someone will get sloppy and get caught.

WikiLeaks warns CIA can hack cars for 'undetectable assassinations'

The CIA has been investigating ways to manipulate the control systems of modern cars and trucks that could be used for covert assassinations, WikiLeaks said on Tuesday as part of its dump of more than 8,700 documents that it claims are from the CIA's Center for Cyber Intelligence.

"As of October 2014 the CIA was also looking at infecting the vehicle control systems used by modern cars and trucks," WikiLeaks said in a statement. "The purpose of such control is not specified, but it would permit the CIA to engage in nearly undetectable assassinations."

Most cars are now equipped with electronic brake control systems, and a number of systems, including acceleration, airbags, steering, door locks and entertainment system are controlled by sensors and computers, making them susceptible to hacking.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...r-undetectable-assassinations/article/2616661

HastingsRIP.png

640px-Tree_at_crash_site_of_journalist_Michael_Hastings-e1445793134508.jpg

MichaelHastingscarandemail.jpg

Having an enemy within is more devastating than any standing army attacking you. Scary stuff.

Vindication for all the paranoid schizophrenics who think the government is listening in on them.

Is Russia really the enemy, or is it our own government?

I know our government is not acting in the best interest of it's citizens. Enemy? Man, I am not even sure that is much of a stretch anymore.

WikiLeaks warns CIA can hack cars for 'undetectable assassinations'

The CIA has been investigating ways to manipulate the control systems of modern cars and trucks that could be used for covert assassinations, WikiLeaks said on Tuesday as part of its dump of more than 8,700 documents that it claims are from the CIA's Center for Cyber Intelligence.

"As of October 2014 the CIA was also looking at infecting the vehicle control systems used by modern cars and trucks," WikiLeaks said in a statement. "The purpose of such control is not specified, but it would permit the CIA to engage in nearly undetectable assassinations."

Most cars are now equipped with electronic brake control systems, and a number of systems, including acceleration, airbags, steering, door locks and entertainment system are controlled by sensors and computers, making them susceptible to hacking.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...r-undetectable-assassinations/article/2616661

FWIW, his wife and brother don't believe he was assassinated.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3038085/michael-hastings-crash-wikileaks

But Hastings’ wife Elise and his brother Jonathan have both said they do not believe he was murdered.

Elise said he was working on a profile of CIA director John Brennan at the time of his death.

She told CNN: “I have no doubt that he was pursuing a hot story. He always had at least five hot stories going. That was Michael.

“My gut here is that it was just a really tragic accident and I’m unlucky in the world, the world was very unlucky.”

And his brother Jonathan said he believes Hastings was suffering a “manic episode”, possibly triggered by drugs.

He was trying to convince his brother to go into rehab, but Hastings snuck out of his apartment while he slept.

Jonathan told the blog Uncouth Reflections: “He crashed his car before anyone could do anything to help him.

“I was one of the last people to see him alive and I was one of the few people who could really put his behaviour on that day in context.”

Toxicology reports found traces of marijuana – which had been prescribed – and crystal meth in his system, but the coroner ruled these were not a factor in the crash.

Reports also say Hastings had bipolar disorder and suffered post-traumatic stress disorder after his time in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Is Russia really the enemy, or is it our own government?

Is that you or JFK asking?

WikiLeaks’ Vault 7 Password Is A Nod to Anti-CIA JFK Quote

As part of the release, the organization posted to Twitter a password for “Vault 7” that read as follows: “SplinterItIntoAThousandPiecesAndScatterItIntoTheWinds.”

That password was a subset of words spoken by President John F. Kennedy 54 years ago, only a month before he was assassinated:

“I will splinter the CIA into a thousand pieces and scatter it into the wind,” were his exact words, according to a Kennedy administration official who spoke with The New York Times for a report published three years after JFK’s death.

Speaking in a History Channel program several years ago, Samuel Halpern, author of “The Assassination of JFK,” claimed that the threat stemmed from Kennedy’s frustration with the CIA, which he believed was becoming a “state within a state.”

http://heavy.com/news/2017/03/jfk-wikileaks-vault-7-password-passphrase-youtube-video/

Is that you or JFK asking?

WikiLeaks’ Vault 7 Password Is A Nod to Anti-CIA JFK Quote

As part of the release, the organization posted to Twitter a password for “Vault 7” that read as follows: “SplinterItIntoAThousandPiecesAndScatterItIntoTheWinds.”

That password was a subset of words spoken by President John F. Kennedy 54 years ago, only a month before he was assassinated:

“I will splinter the CIA into a thousand pieces and scatter it into the wind,” were his exact words, according to a Kennedy administration official who spoke with The New York Times for a report published three years after JFK’s death.

Speaking in a History Channel program several years ago, Samuel Halpern, author of “The Assassination of JFK,” claimed that the threat stemmed from Kennedy’s frustration with the CIA, which he believed was becoming a “state within a state.”

http://heavy.com/news/2017/03/jfk-wikileaks-vault-7-password-passphrase-youtube-video/

But anyone who thinks the US was involved is a crazy, conspiracy theorist. They killed him. I think papa Bush was involved.

FWIW, his wife and brother don't believe he was assassinated.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3038085/michael-hastings-crash-wikileaks

But Hastings’ wife Elise and his brother Jonathan have both said they do not believe he was murdered.

Elise said he was working on a profile of CIA director John Brennan at the time of his death.

She told CNN: “I have no doubt that he was pursuing a hot story. He always had at least five hot stories going. That was Michael.

“My gut here is that it was just a really tragic accident and I’m unlucky in the world, the world was very unlucky.”

And his brother Jonathan said he believes Hastings was suffering a “manic episode”, possibly triggered by drugs.

He was trying to convince his brother to go into rehab, but Hastings snuck out of his apartment while he slept.

Jonathan told the blog Uncouth Reflections: “He crashed his car before anyone could do anything to help him.

“I was one of the last people to see him alive and I was one of the few people who could really put his behaviour on that day in context.”

Toxicology reports found traces of marijuana – which had been prescribed – and crystal meth in his system, but the coroner ruled these were not a factor in the crash.

Reports also say Hastings had bipolar disorder and suffered post-traumatic stress disorder after his time in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Hasting's wife Elise and his brother Jonathan both reassured the federal investigators that they believed it was an accident and there was no need for any accidents to happen to them.

Last edited:
Feds Launch Criminal Probe of WikiLeaks' CIA Document Dump

WikiLeaks' release of documents that provide details of alleged CIA hacking operations will be investigated by federal authorities, CNN reports.

Citing several U.S. officials, CNN claims the FBI and the CIA will coordinate their reviews of how WikiLeaks acquired the documents, which officials said are in CNN's words "largely genuine," and if more will follow.

One of the claims made in the WikiLeaks release was that the CIA can record audio from certain Samsung smart TVs. The company said in a statement that it is "urgently looking into the mater"

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Fe...il_job=1717393_03082017&s=al&dkt_nbr=lmzkosix

This **** is getting interesting.

This **** is getting interesting.

No, not really. The government is going to investigate the government. There will be nothing to see here, and the lap dog media will make sure of it.