• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Wk6 Pregame thread

madinsomniac

Reaction score
So we find ourselves in a rather important game vs the Raiders... a two game losing streak erased our margin for error we built with the 3-0 start.

We go into Vegas with the Raiders more or less benching Adams for requesting a trade, as well as Gardner Minshew for outright sucking.

Here are my thoughts on the upcoming Game and NFL week:

1. I suspect Fields will start, Wilson will be the backup, and Fields will have a short leash...
this will be the wrong move for many reasons...
A. Fields has started slowly but finished strong the past two games.. pulling him if he starts slow will only deprive the team of his better play as he settles down
B. Pulling Fields midgame ensures he leaves on a low note and threatens his confidence
C. Wilson will have not played a meaningful snap since Christmas Eve.. and barely played in the preseason... he practiced with the second team this week.. even if Russell isnt Rusty.. there is no way his timing will be synced yet..
if Fields starts this game, he shoukd end it, Barring like turning the ball over on bad plays several times in a row

2. The redundant injuries at the same positions might just be too much to overcome. OLB is decimated.. the OL is crushed... RB is thin... its too early in the season for this level of decimation.. Im not sure it bodes well for the long term results...

3. This game is really important because its an afc game and vs a team our division rivals all play. If we beat them, then we have beaten 3 of the 4 afc west teams, leaving only Kc.. who has already defeated Baltimore and Cinci...
moreover, the Raiders already beat Baltimore and Cleveland... winning this basically erases the advantages baltimore has with the Dallas loss in common opponents and mitigates the indy loss in Afc record..

4. Other NFL games I care about this week:

Division games:
- Washington at Baltimore ( highest importance) if we beat the Ray-Duhs and Washington can manage to win in Baltimore.. the Dallas loss is basically a wash.
- Bungles at Giants... a loss here ends their season. A four game deficit in win loss is not surmountable... plus this was supposed to be an easy game on their schedule
-Browns at Philly.... same as above... basically they lose, and the rest of the season is tanking for a new QB...

Other games:
Indy @ Ten... we want Indy to lose cause they beat us and have a tiebreaker

Buffalo at Jets.. a case could be made either way... we play the Jets next, so there is one train of thought that you want your next opponent to win the week before... but the jets are expected to be in the playoff race...
If you believe we will win the division, then you probably root for the Jets... if you think we will be fighting for a wild card spot... root for the bills
Ill pick the jets, just because if we beat them next week, a win here strengthens our SOV numbers ..

Detroit at Dallas.. Dallas beat us... we want them to lose out to minimize the SOV numbers for other division foes... also they are the Cowboys so **** them.

Atlanta at Carolina: Atlanta lost to us so the more wins they get the better the SOV gets.. plus if Carolina keeps losing, they trade DJ to KC, where he is destined to drop a pass to lose them a playoff game... hopefully vs us

Houston at NE... theoretically, NE winning is best for the steelers... but **** the Pats.. I aint rooting for that trash🤣

Games idc about
LAC at Broncos... i mean i instinctively root against Hairball. But we already beat these teams so they dont matter...

SF at Seattle (thur) dont even give a quarter **** about this game..

Jax at Chicago.. Chicago is 3-2 and in last place in their division. Trevor Lawerance is textbook why judging qbs too early is a fools errand.. who cares who wins this

Arizona at GB.. I mean we beat the Cards in a superbowl and sometimes i still forget Arizona has a NFL franchise... why would I care about a game they play in that isn't steelers related?

TB at NO... maybe I will root for TB because I feel bad for Florida, plus Baker Mayfield successes burns browns fans souls.. also, as much as I think trading for adams is a mistake, the more losses NO has while carr is on IR, the less chance ADams keeps them as a destination, and even if we dont get him, whoever does is one less bidder for the next wr available

we really need to win against the raiders and the jets. can't squander opportunities to beat beat the teams we should. especially the raiders. i'm still pissy about the cowboys game. inexcusable.

Winning this game pretty much applies to most opponents we face; that we end up with a higher point total at the end.
If Tomlin can make that happen, we win.

Last edited:
Winning this game pretty much applies to most opponents we face; that we end up with a higher point total at the end.
can you please go a little deeper in your thought process? It cannot be as simple as scoring more points than the opponent. if so that would be the plan weekly right?

can you please go a little deeper in your thought process? It cannot be as simple as scoring more points than the opponent. if so that would be the plan weekly right?
I avoid going deep on subject matters, I feel bad for those not having the mental capacity to take it all in.
I wish I wasn't so smart.

I struggle with trying not to come across as being smarter than everyone else.

Wait.
Did I just come across acting like I'm smarter than everyone else?
See what I mean!?!?!?! It's a struggle!
LOL

It's a combination of that and preventing the opponent from scoring more points than you do. I'm almost certain that's the key to winning.

Report claims the Detroit Lion fans take top spot for filthy talk. Raiders #2, Steelers #3.

Instead of the national guys calling the game they should leave the microphone on and let's hear the fans. #2 sh!t talkers vs #3 sh! t talkers. It would be funny.

Can you diagram that out?
I'm more of a visual learner.
I'll do the best I can.

It's sort of like this:

findx.jpg

I avoid going deep on subject matters, I feel bad for those not having the mental capacity to take it all in.
I wish I wasn't so smart.

I struggle with trying not to come across as being smarter than everyone else.

Wait.
Did I just come across acting like I'm smarter than everyone else?
See what I mean!?!?!?! It's a struggle!
LOL

It's a combination of that and preventing the opponent from scoring more points than you do. I'm almost certain that's the key to winning.

Can you diagram that out?
I'm more of a visual learner.

I'll do the best I can.

It's sort of like this:

findx.jpg
You mofos trolling so hard right now. 😂👏👏👏👏👏